“Close to attractions...Expensive Parking....Small beds.”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #37 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed a couple of night at the Hyatt Regency to see the Aquarium and the World of Coke.

Overall my stay was OK.

First I was greeted with a 35 dollar a night charge to park the car....No thanks....Ill park across the street in a garage for half that and not pay a vallet.

The City parking is connected to the hotel via a sky bridge. The lobby is very striking, they even have LCD displays to navigate throughout the hotel. I was expecting the rooms to be just as good. I was wrong.

The beds are small like a European Hotel. The room was clean, but the bathroom still had mildew on it, you can tell its an older hotel. The exercise room was quite nice and one of the better parts of the hotel.

You have to pay 10 dollar extra for wifi in the room, but it is free in the lobby.

I had the 18 dollar buffet for breakfast. It was pricey but the food was very good.

Over alll I think the hotel is kinda expensive, and you have to pay extra for wifi and parking, hence 3 stars.

It is was cheaper Id give it 4 stars.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Edward V
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

We regret to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations not to our standards. We desire for every one of our guests to enjoy a flawless, relaxing stay when in Atlanta. As you mentioned, we do offer the secure option of valet, plus unlimited in and out privileges. There is off-site self parking located near the hotel, but we promote our valet as a secure (and convenient) amenity to our guests. Our hotel has 3 towers, each featuring various floor plans for your traveling needs. Please, reference our knowledgeable front desk agents for suggestions and explanations of our floor plans. We do hope you will give us a second chance to wow you. Many guests thoroughly enjoy staying with us as they see true value in Hyatt Regency Atlanta. We would love another opportunity to show you that same value. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel was fabulous - the rooms were big, clean and quiet. I was worried about the last bit since it has a large atrium with a busy bar, but once I was inside my room, it was nice and quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful as well. I was attending a work function and it was convenient to our meetings, MARTA (public transit, which is very easy to take from the airport and cheap!), some downtown shopping and restaurants.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room on a high floor (21) and that was quiet, but you do have to ride the glass elevator, so...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us during your business trip! Our room accommodations vary to ensure your needs are met, but one thing that stays the same is the tranquility that is provided once you're ready for a rest. As you mentioned, MARTA is a very convenient form of transportation when traveling from the airport to the hotel (and even around town). A round trip fare on MARTA is $5 and we are only a 17 min ride from the airport. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We recently were here for a conference and was pleasantly surprised that the hotel is very nice. I understand that this was one of the original Regency in the chain , so I figured that the it would not be up to par with other Regency's .? But I was wrong the rooms & interior lobby were spotless and modern . Service was spot on with a Hyatt .Regency. Great location for downtown.
Just a note to fair to fellow travelers , it was pricey . .

Room Tip: All parking in the Hotel was valet at $30..00 + a day and is underneath the hotel on the backside .
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We were the original Regency for Hyatt and strive to hold up our reputation as the years pass. Combined with the innovative designs by John Portman, we see ourselves as a beacon of light for the corporation, the industry and the city of Atlanta. In 2012 we started a $65 million transformation to keep our accommodations, outlets, amenities and more in check with the modern day traveler. We believe we do a great job making our guests happy and we're glad you agree! We hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed in the Hyatt during the January Gift Market. The location is great for walking to mart but if I went to Atlanta just to tour or shop, it is very expensive and there are no department stores near.
The rooms are large and nicely furnished. At $250+ they should be, don't drink the $5.00 water or use the $9.95/day internet. We parked for $32.00 a night and never moved the car!
Yes, we were on an expense account so who cares? (We do...that is our business that was charged)
Very nice people work there, very helpful and "southern" friendly.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view of Atlanta!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us! We are in a great location for those attending shows at AmericasMart. We're a main hotel located on Peachtree St. which makes your life much easier when it comes to restaurants, bars, stores and the Mart. We do offer valet parking, and that includes unlimited in and out privileges for your convenience. We do encourage you to stay with us on non-business trips, as Atlanta Station is a short drive from our hotel. Also, there are multiple neighborhoods within 10 miles of our hotel that offer hot-trendy restaurant spots and shopping. We hope to see you again for the next Gift show and give us a chance when touring/visiting the city. We won't let you down!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I took her best friend to visit downtown Atlanta and we shared a room. The quality of the room is very good and the location is fantastic. Easily walk to all of the major attractions. The staff is helpful and it is almost everything you expect. Bed quality and pillows are a matter of personal preference so I won't comment on these. However this is the third visit to a Hyatt in the last 6 months and the second time I have had a double room. The first it was the only one available and this time we requested it. The beds are old style traditional double which are too small to share. My wife is only 5' 6" 105 pounds, she is small, and I am pretty fit as well so I can't imagine how normal size Americans can fir comfortably. We traveled with this friend from Russia to LA, San Fran, Indianapolis, Baltimore, DC, and Atlanta sharing a room in every location. Hyatt is the only one with these small beds. Its a shame because we have stayed in Hyatts around the world in King beds together and always enjoy the quality but when we have a child or when we bring someone along it is no longer an option.

Only one other comment, when I stay at a Hyatt (granted I am Gold at Hilton, so take this with a grain of salt) I do not expect to pay $10 for slow internet or $15 for "premium" I think it should be free for $200 a night.

Other than this if the bed isn't a problem for you I think you will really enjoy this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thanks for staying with us! We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed your room accommodations and our central location in downtown Atlanta. Also, our staff is trained to the highest of standards to ensure your stay is notable and memorable. In all our rooms, we feature Hyatt Grand Beds ® for a great night's sleep. During your next trips to Atlanta we hope you continue to choose Hyatt. We look forward to seeing you then!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here during Gift Market at AmericasMart, one of the busiest weeks of the year. Hotel was super convenient, especially in the extreme cold weather. Hotel was nice, but I was really impressed with all the staff, from the front desk, to the concierge, to the restaurant staff, to the valet parking staff - excellent service and always a friendly smile. The food at Sway was really good - enjoyed the evening buffet. Having the Market in the lobby was nice in the morning for a quick breakfast. My only complaint is the add on charges, like internet service. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us while attending a show at AmericasMart. We are in a very convenient location to the venue and we enjoy all of our guests who partake in the fun, exciting, busy week! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff it truly energetic and involved with our guests, and we strive to surpass your expectations when it comes to hospitality. Our staff is trained to the highest standards to ensure your stay is top notch. We hope you do continue to stay with us, and we look forward to your loyalty. Thanks for your review and we will see you next time.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Plain and simple - the hotel stay experience was excellent. The hotel was fantastic including the room, restaurants, and staff. From the minute I arrived until the time I left the staff bent over backwards and all had nothing but positive attitudes. I travel to Atlanta twice a year for work and plan on only staying at the Hyatt Regency exclusively.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us! We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the restaurants and our staff to your room accommodations. We strive to meet your traveling needs and it seems like we surpassed them! We look forward to seeing you more often. Also, check out our Gold Passport program so you can receive extra benefits during your stay! More info is on our website. See you soon!