“excellent experience”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 7 February 2014

During my stay at the Hyatt, one of the circuits in the room went out. After calling the front desk, the engineers were there in no time to fix the problem. The room was clean and the location was perfect for our stay. By having the shopping center and food court inside the building on a cold day was a plus! Thanks for an awesome stay in the Hyatt.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,265)

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel was really perfect. Restaurant was good in hotel and places nearby too. Room was a great design and very clean. Comfortable. Friendly staff.

I stayed there for a conference and the rates are different for a regular stay. Even so, I think they are in line with what you get.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thanks for your review and we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us during your conference. Our guests do find true value in their stays with us, and it's wonderful to know you think the same. We hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've stayed at a countless number of hotels for corporate conferences, but this Hyatt Regency in Atlanta ranks at the very top. Our company recently had a large meeting there for the entire week, and the the staff was very efficient - from check-in all the way to meeting room breaks and assistance. The rooms were clean and modern, and I had a housekeeper on my floor from Bulgaria that was so, so attentive. She made me feel like a VIP.

My room was in the International Tower and very convenient to our meetings in the main ballrooms, as well as our smaller meetings on the 3rd floor of the International Tower. I was able to upgrade to the Regency Club with points, and although they weren't able to accommodate me with a room in the Atrium Tower on the club floor, I was on the same floor in the International Tower which was only a few yards away from the club w/key access. This hotel has one of the best run Regency clubs that I've been to in a long time. The only slight improvement that I see this hotel needs is the way their lunch buffets are handled. Each day at lunch, the food trays were being switched out every five minutes or so. I think their catering department should just lay out larger food trays to avoid this inconvenience. Many of the attendees were talking about this during lunches. Other than that, I give my highest recommendation for the Hyatt Regency Atlanta for both business and personal trips. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: If you're there for a meeting, avoid the Radius Tower and request the Atrium or International To...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

We're so happy that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay, especially your interaction with our staff. To us, you are a VIP. Regardless of whether you travel solo, in a small group or with a large convention we are here to listen to you as an individual and ensure YOU have a comfortable and memorable stay with Hyatt Regency Atlanta. We appreciate your shout out to our Housekeeping staff and will be sure to share the praise.
Our Regency Club is an amazing amenity available to those interested. We keep the club very well-maintained and stocked with great snacks and polite staff members. It’s a great place to rest up, start your day, stay energized with a mid-afternoon coffee or simply to debrief. Thank you for your time, review and recommendation! We do hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlanta. See you then.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Because the January Gift Show is always well attended, I make my reservation a year in advance to stay at the Hyatt Regency and have been happy here. The Fitness Center is clean and well equipped, the Starbucks cafe in the lobby is convenient but it is the staff that makes this hotel my choice. Happy to look forward to the July Gift show!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Wow! It is so wonderful to hear from our loyal guests --or should we say family! Your consistent business with us puts a smile on every employee’s face, especially knowing they are the reason for your annual returns. We are a great hotel for those attending shows at The Mart and our amenities are fantastic for any down time that comes your way: 3 dining outlets, 24 hour fitness center, outdoor pool, Regency Club (ask the Front Desk Agent for more info) and more. We look forward to seeing you in July!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed overnight in the International Tower on business, and would recommend staying here to anyone.

Location: The Hyatt Regency is in the heart of the financial district of Atlanta, and thus was an easy stroll to surrounding businesses. They even are part of the “hamster trail” that connects so many buildings in this city (such that the streets seem desolate, and often have as many homeless on them as pedestrians).

Hotel: The lobby is huge, as befits a conference venue hotel. But that is deceptive. If you are in one of the towers (I was in International, there was at least one other) they are far more intimate. The Int’l was positively swank, having great black & white art on soothingly colored walls. There was a small hike to the elevator from the lobby, but a separate entrance to the outside meant you didn’t have to hike all the way around each time you came and went. Breakfast was included for me, but you have to remember to tell the café staff that because you’ll get billed. Actually, you get billed anyway and then they take it off (they need a better system around that, like perhaps a voucher or something).

Room: My room was spacious enough, though a bit strangely laid out. Lighting was very modern, with lots of in ceiling dimmable halogens. The bed and pillows were perfectly soft and comfortable – I slept well! The bathroom was plain, and a tad small, but had great water pressure even the many floors up (I was on 19, I think). There was minimal noise from adjoining rooms, and the room layout actually meant that what noise there was didn’t make it to the sleeping area.

Service: Check-in was fine, and restaurant service was mostly good, but I didn’t otherwise interact with any other staff. Still, nothing to complain about.

Wouldn’t think twice about staying here again (actually, I’ll have my admin put it on my favorites list for the next time I’m in town).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

It was wonderful to have you stay with us during your trip to Atlanta. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, we are in the heart of downtown Atlanta (aka convention/business district) and are 1 of 3 hotels in the "hamster trail". To help separate us we are the only hotel located on Peachtree Street, which allows easy and efficient travel to multiple dining options, city attractions, nearby businesses and venues. The hotel contains three towers, each featuring various floor plans allowing each traveler to find satisfaction for their traveling needs. It’s so great to hear that you enjoyed a great night's sleep while with us! Our Grand Hyatt Beds and pillows are even available for purchase through our website --we love them too and encourage you to be comfortable every night. The hotel does enforce quiet hours from 9 p.m. - 9 a.m. to ensure full tranquility and comfort for our guests. We look forward to being on your "Preferred List" and we hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Recently some family and I visited Atlanta for a mini reunion and to visit a sister who was recently diagnosed with cancer. My dad is 91 years old, very difficult to please and don't travel long distances these days. He was determined to make this trip which surprised all of us. He did very well on the 3.5 hour trip and in his exact words " I enjoyed it very, very much". The hotel was A+++, very comfortable and we enjoyed gathering in the lobby, talking and taking pictures. We are planning another get together this summer and may be staying at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

We are so happy to hear we could play a large role in your family reunion this month. We understand our guests come from all backgrounds, situations and circumstances and we strive to ensure your stay meets all your needs --whatever they may be. As you mentioned, your father was very pleased with us and we take that review to heart, so thank you for giving us the opportunity to please you and your family. We do hope that you will choose Hyatt Regency Atlanta this summer for the next family reunion! Welcome to the Hyatt family and we hope to see soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed a couple of night at the Hyatt Regency to see the Aquarium and the World of Coke.

Overall my stay was OK.

First I was greeted with a 35 dollar a night charge to park the car....No thanks....Ill park across the street in a garage for half that and not pay a vallet.

The City parking is connected to the hotel via a sky bridge. The lobby is very striking, they even have LCD displays to navigate throughout the hotel. I was expecting the rooms to be just as good. I was wrong.

The beds are small like a European Hotel. The room was clean, but the bathroom still had mildew on it, you can tell its an older hotel. The exercise room was quite nice and one of the better parts of the hotel.

You have to pay 10 dollar extra for wifi in the room, but it is free in the lobby.

I had the 18 dollar buffet for breakfast. It was pricey but the food was very good.

Over alll I think the hotel is kinda expensive, and you have to pay extra for wifi and parking, hence 3 stars.

It is was cheaper Id give it 4 stars.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Edward V
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

We regret to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations not to our standards. We desire for every one of our guests to enjoy a flawless, relaxing stay when in Atlanta. As you mentioned, we do offer the secure option of valet, plus unlimited in and out privileges. There is off-site self parking located near the hotel, but we promote our valet as a secure (and convenient) amenity to our guests. Our hotel has 3 towers, each featuring various floor plans for your traveling needs. Please, reference our knowledgeable front desk agents for suggestions and explanations of our floor plans. We do hope you will give us a second chance to wow you. Many guests thoroughly enjoy staying with us as they see true value in Hyatt Regency Atlanta. We would love another opportunity to show you that same value. We hope to see you again.