“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Hampshire
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Just spent a week here. Very good hotel, and they went out of their way to treat me well.

A great thing:
- They had The Weather Channel, as so many hotels these days are stuck with DirecTV and don't get The Weather Channel any more. I always want to know what's going on with weather back home and around the country, and these guys had it... Thank you!

A not so great thing:
- Room service asked for my ID when they delivered a meal. I thought that was really odd and was skeptical about the delivery person. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Room Tip: I was given a suite upgrade. Was nice, but I could hear the neighbors one night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thanks for staying with us. We're happy to be your home away from home during travels. Glad your room amenities were up to par and made your stay comfortable. We're here to ensure you have a memorable time with us. See you again, soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We booked this room for under $100 on hotwire and it has really been a treat. We were initially told that we would have to stay in the radius tower that everyone has spoke of on here but were somehow upgraded to the international tower. The room is gorgeous and has several technological upgrades. The balcony faced the SunTrust office building and I cannot express my amazement with our accommodations. The fitness center is large with a lot of new machines. They have fruit, towels and even a cold towel to cool you down. The attached mall is indeed a food court but one with a lot of options. I'd come back...

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for booking your stay with us! We are a great location in downtown Atlanta and even more so we are happy with the amenities we can provide our guests within just a few steps: 3 dining outlets (soon to be 4 in April 2014), 24/7 fitness center, outdoor pool, business center, enclosed access to Peachtree Center Mall and MARTA transit station and more. We go the extra mile to ensure whatever you need during your stay is readily accessible. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel, the last was in the 1990's. The lobby is amazing featuring a large atrium. I was immediately greeted by the front desk staff and efficiently registered. My room was newly renovated and impeccably clean. I had a balcony with a nice north facing view, but I wasn't there much and the weather was cold, so I didn't get to enjoy that. The hotel offers two restaurant choices in the lobby. I ate at the Sway restaurant in the lobby, and the food was great, and they a had an all you can eat "pie bar" for dessert, which was incredible. The hotel is easily reachable from the airport by public transportation. The airport train (Marta Red and Orange line) picks you up inside the airport. Just get off at Peachtree Center station (no train change), and its about 500 feet from the north station portal to the hotel entrance.

The only disappointment was that the revolving restaurant, Polaris, atop the building is closed, but rumor has it that it will be reopening soon.

Room Tip: Upper level floors will be quieter since they are further from the lobby, although the noise level i...
Green Features: I usually don't pay too much attention. They do have a towel reuse program.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for staying with us! We're so happy you come back for a visit since your last time in the hotel in the 90's. Our staff is amazing and strives to provide you with a comfortable and memorable experience during your stay. As you mentioned, we do offer outlets in our lobby: Sway, our signature restaurant; Twenty-Two Storys, our beer-forward gastropub; Market, the 24/7 coffee shop with fresh baked treats. There is always something available any time of day to please your cravings! And you have heard correctly about our spinning rooftop restaurant, Polaris. It will reopen in April 2014 and we couldn't be more excited to welcome it back to Atlanta's skyline. You will definitely need to plan an additional trip to see us and revisit the beautiful blue dome. We hope it won't be another decade until we see you again. Here's to hoping we see you sooner than later. Cheers!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

During my stay at the Hyatt, one of the circuits in the room went out. After calling the front desk, the engineers were there in no time to fix the problem. The room was clean and the location was perfect for our stay. By having the shopping center and food court inside the building on a cold day was a plus! Thanks for an awesome stay in the Hyatt.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel was really perfect. Restaurant was good in hotel and places nearby too. Room was a great design and very clean. Comfortable. Friendly staff.

I stayed there for a conference and the rates are different for a regular stay. Even so, I think they are in line with what you get.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review and we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us during your conference. Our guests do find true value in their stays with us, and it's wonderful to know you think the same. We hope to see you again, soon!
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've stayed at a countless number of hotels for corporate conferences, but this Hyatt Regency in Atlanta ranks at the very top. Our company recently had a large meeting there for the entire week, and the the staff was very efficient - from check-in all the way to meeting room breaks and assistance. The rooms were clean and modern, and I had a housekeeper on my floor from Bulgaria that was so, so attentive. She made me feel like a VIP.

My room was in the International Tower and very convenient to our meetings in the main ballrooms, as well as our smaller meetings on the 3rd floor of the International Tower. I was able to upgrade to the Regency Club with points, and although they weren't able to accommodate me with a room in the Atrium Tower on the club floor, I was on the same floor in the International Tower which was only a few yards away from the club w/key access. This hotel has one of the best run Regency clubs that I've been to in a long time. The only slight improvement that I see this hotel needs is the way their lunch buffets are handled. Each day at lunch, the food trays were being switched out every five minutes or so. I think their catering department should just lay out larger food trays to avoid this inconvenience. Many of the attendees were talking about this during lunches. Other than that, I give my highest recommendation for the Hyatt Regency Atlanta for both business and personal trips. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: If you're there for a meeting, avoid the Radius Tower and request the Atrium or International To...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
We're so happy that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay, especially your interaction with our staff. To us, you are a VIP. Regardless of whether you travel solo, in a small group or with a large convention we are here to listen to you as an individual and ensure YOU have a comfortable and memorable stay with Hyatt Regency Atlanta. We appreciate your shout out to our Housekeeping staff and will be sure to share the praise.
Our Regency Club is an amazing amenity available to those interested. We keep the club very well-maintained and stocked with great snacks and polite staff members. It’s a great place to rest up, start your day, stay energized with a mid-afternoon coffee or simply to debrief. Thank you for your time, review and recommendation! We do hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlanta. See you then.
Chicago IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Because the January Gift Show is always well attended, I make my reservation a year in advance to stay at the Hyatt Regency and have been happy here. The Fitness Center is clean and well equipped, the Starbucks cafe in the lobby is convenient but it is the staff that makes this hotel my choice. Happy to look forward to the July Gift show!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Wow! It is so wonderful to hear from our loyal guests --or should we say family! Your consistent business with us puts a smile on every employee’s face, especially knowing they are the reason for your annual returns. We are a great hotel for those attending shows at The Mart and our amenities are fantastic for any down time that comes your way: 3 dining outlets, 24 hour fitness center, outdoor pool, Regency Club (ask the Front Desk Agent for more info) and more. We look forward to seeing you in July!