“Good but not great”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #37 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed in the regency club for four nights. It was okay but not great. The hotels elevators were not all running so sometimes it took 10 minutes to get a lift from the 22nd floor to the lobby. The rooms are clean and comfortable but despite an upgrade, still have the 1960, 1970 motif. Pretty dull to say the least.

The staff was excellent and friendly. Overall a nice stay but not a top class hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

It was great to have you with us! Our Regency Club is a great amenity available to our guests with complimentary wi-fi, drinks and snacks throughout the day, ample space to stretch and relax in our VIP accommodations. Our staff is a wonderful asset to our company and strive to make every guests comfortable is what continues to set us apart as a great, valuable property. Outside of the hotel, multiple restaurants, bars and great attractions are within walking distance of the front drive. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Ridiculously slow elevators, both in waiting to get on them and also time it takes to get to higher floors because of having to stop on every single floor up or down. Situation could be improved by assigning an elevator or two to specific floor ranges.

Other things we hated: 1) Valet parking only and pricey - self parking is (sort of) available a block away (in a scary part of town). 2) Our room had no bathtub, just a shower. 3) $10 per day for Wi-Fi??? Wi-Fi ought to be free or at least included in the room cost as it is in most competitor hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms take forever to access because of slow elevators. Paying extra for a ground flo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We are sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations, nor our standards. Our entire team strives to provide top notch service and amenities to our guests to ensure your stay is memorable and relaxing. As we do offer valet parking for your convenience, there are nearby self-parking opportunities. For any of your web surfing/work needs, our property provides complimentary wi-fi in the lobby and throughout all outlets, featuring ample seating and electrical outlets for your device(s). We hope you will give us another chance to WOW you by you visiting with us again, next time.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I stayed 1 night at the Hyatt Regency and had an excellent experience. Couldn't beat the location and the room was well equipped too. We needed an extra hour upon check-out and they accomodated us without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us for a one-night trip in the ATL. We're so happy you and your husband chose our property for your stay. We do offer late check-outs (2 p.m.) because we know how important that little bit of extra sleep/touring the city/grabbing a bite to eat is to making your trip memorable and enjoyable. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Nice Hotel staff are very accommodating. One Restaurant had an all you can eat buffet that included desert as well as soft drinks. The food wasn't spectacular but plentiful. Some dishes better than others. We asked for a quiet floor at check in to offset the amount of noise you will get because of the number of children. We were again pleased with the results.

Thanks for staying with us! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time with our friendly staff and wonderful accommodations. Our lobby features three dining outlets --and our 4th (spinning, rooftop!) restaurant will be opening early this summer. Our Front Desk agents are always happy to help to ensure your stay is wonderful from check-in to check-out. We hope you will visit with us again, soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am very disappointed with the service from the Hyatt Regency. I stayed one night and thanks god was all (from 18/04/14 to 19/04/14)
In summary:
First, the info they gave me by emails many days in advanced about the shuttle wasn't accurate. Spent more than an hour finding out the correct info.

Second, they didnt give me the room i booked.

Third, I went to buy a pizza and a cake at the "market" in the hotel (because the restaurant was close) and I didn't receive napkins nor a fork. I had to eat with my hands ( otherwise I had to go back and ask for that). Front desk lines were busy.

Fourth, Paid all my expenses with cash. Food from the market. But the hotel is charging me AUS 53.56! I just asked for a detailed invoice.

Worst service ever!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Yesi V
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

We regret to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations, nor our standards. We strive to make every guest feel like Hyatt Regency Atlanta is a home away from home, and we apologize that this was not your experience. Our staff is trained to the highest of standards to ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. We hope the next time you are in the States, and are heading back to Atlanta, you will give our property another chance to WOW you with our southern hospitality and comforting accommodations. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel is very nice, rooms are clean, spacious and bed is comfortable. Friendly staff and yes there are nothing much to do in this hotel for a family. We went here mainly because of the location. It was only 3 blocks away to Georgia Aquarium and Coca Cola museum. Free valet parking, a lot of good restaurants nearby like Hard Rock, Hooters, Durango Steaks (thumbs up), Rays, Sushi place etc. There is a huge mall which is 15mins drive from the hotel (Lenox Square). We had a great time and we would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

WOW! Thank you for staying with us during your weekend trip to Atlanta. As you mentioned, we are within 4 blocks of the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Imagine It! Children's Museum and more. There are numerous restaurants in our neighborhood to please everyone's taste buds. You went out to Lenox Mall for a shopping trip and you can either drive there or simply take MARTA public transit to the mall. Our hotel is connected (via enclosed skybridge) to MARTA, allowing convenient, covered access to multiple points in the city. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your review and we appreciate your recommendation. We hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I am a resident of Atlanta and have lived here all of my life. I also own six businesses in and around Atlanta therefore stay in hotels approximately four to five months out of each calendar year. The Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta has always been one of my favorite places to stay. Particularly because of the affable and polite staff. Recently I had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt and experienced such a pleasant encounter with one of the staff that I felt compelled enough to dedicate the time out of my schedule to recognize her. Her name was Tiffany and she checked me in at the front desk on Easter morning. The young lady was not only well groomed and meticulous, she possessed a sincere desire to make me feel welcome and appreciated. The sincerity is what I thought set her apart from others. Personally it is a character trait that I can discern very quickly because it is not something an individual can easily fake with me after all these years. Tiffany exuded both attentiveness to my needs and the needs of The Hyatt by making me feel appreciated and demonstrating that she also appreciated her service to the Hyatt. She struck me as the type of individual that was very loyal to her employer and grateful to serve them. A characteristic that any business owner hopes to see in their employees to achieve prosperity and success. Congratulations Hyatt for employing such an exemplary staff member to represent your hotel and keep patrons like myself both loyal and grateful to stay there. Please recognize Tiffany for her faithful service to you and you will ensure my loyalty for years to come.

Room Tip: Go see Tiffany at he front desk to select a room for you
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

WOW! Your review and the time you took to acknowledge our staff is beyond appreciated and welcomed! We have already reached out to Tiffany about your review, as well as her team and managers, to ensure her true, sincere southern hospitality is recognized. We do appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt, as well as to our property. As a local Atlatan you have an idea of how many hospitality options there are downtown and we greatly appreciate you choosing Hyatt --that's what we strive for. As you mentioned, you are always impressed with your accommodations here and our wonderful staff. That being said, our property handpicks each employee to ensure they exude the proper characteristics: hospitable, passionate, friendly, alert and more. We take pride in every staff member who puts on the Hyatt uniform and we're pleased to hear you applaud us on our staff and training. We look forward to having you continue your stays with us. If you aren't already, we advise you look in to our Gold Passport reward program. It's a great program with many perks that you may greatly appreciate. See you soon!