“Best service, beautiful hotel!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #37 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bradenton, Florida
“Best service, beautiful hotel!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a competition. We received the best service, we got upgraded when we got in. Will stay here again. The only issue was the couple staying next to us was playing music at 2am and had to knock on their wall to stop the music.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thanks for staying with us during your time in Atlanta. We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and room accommodations. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the city.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have recently changed my thinking on hotel reservations. I used to try to stay downtown in the middle of the action anywhere I went. Nowadays, I'm happy just to pull up at a two story "motel", park for free, and sleep in a decent bed.

I was hesitant on booking the Hyatt Regency Atlanta downtown, but it was close to everything we wanted to see on our trip and the Priceline express buy of $64 a night was too tempting. When we arrived it was the usual weekend cacophony of car horns, whistles, and valet yelps. There were about 14 cars trying to navigate the narrow half-moon dropoff with about six cars in line to turn left into the lot. Luckily, we came in from right and we're able to squeeze in. While waiting for 15 minutes for a shuttle to load up 12 or so slow moving people we somewhat enjoyed the people watching. Dudes in wife beaters and pants hanging down to their knees trying to pick up girls in bikini tops, leather skirts, and 8" high heels. Saturday night in the dirty south I guess. I looked for parking alternatives knowing the parking fees were going to be exorbitant before we committed to valet. There was nothing. If you drive a car to this hotel you pretty much HAVE to use the valet. Any guess on the fees? $15 you say? They would laugh in your face. $20 you say? Ha! Wanna try $30? STILL TOO LOW! $32 dollars to park your fricking car for ONE NIGHT!!! The ridiculous fee knocked off a star.

After recovering from the nausea of my Priceline bargain turning into an expensive one night stay we finally got to the counter. The staff was pleasant enough. The hotel itself is beautiful with a towering center public area with all the room doors faced inward. There are five glass elevators taking you to over 20 floors. Our room was on the 10th floor and a short walk from the elevator. I was pleasantly surprised with the room decor. Obviously, very recently updated with a contemporary, clean look. The bathroom has a quartz countertop and backlight mirror with nightlight. The room had sliding doors to a small deck overlooking a VERY busy street. Our four year old kept trying to go out there. I was afraid he would try to throw something off of the balcony so I had to watch him like a hawk.

Why are hotel cable systems so bad? Even in this four star hotel it was dreadful. The EPG (Electronic Program Guide) was some custom IP driven program that you operate with a clunky trackball on the remote. The remote does some sort of polling every ten seconds killing the battery so, of course, ours doesn't work and I have to call maintenance. They come to the door about 45 minutes later with a new remote. There are about 30 something channels and free HBO but, because it's IP based, channel surfing is clunky and slow. When you use the interface you have to use the trackball to page up or down but you can't click on the ball, you have to use the button under it. The TV was a 42" LCD HD set, but once again, like just about every other hotel there was little or no HD programming available. Everything was SD being scaled to HD by the TV, and it did a pretty poor job of it. Deducting another point.

My final issue was with the street noise. Thank goodness we picked a high floor, but even 10 floors up, with the sliding doors closed tight, the noise was insane. The road our room was facing was apparently the main cruising area of downtown Atlanta. Motorcycles and muscle cars roaring their engines as the idle in the bumper to bumper traffic. Cat calls from the cars to the scantily clad, overdressed, ladies clearly heard from our 80 foot vantage point. Every vehicle bumping their musical choices and loud as the system can go. Anything to induce the "look at me!, look at me!, look at ME!!!!" mentality. I think my wife and I slept about two hours from four to six am when the cruising tapered off until our son woke up ready to go. Deducting a third star here.

You know that little icon on the hotel booking websites that says "free internet?". Well, there IS free internet, but not in your room. There are a few computers hidden somewhere in the lobby you can use the internet "for free". In your room it will cost you $9.95 a day. I'm not deducting points here, because it is too typical, but I didn't bring my Verizon sidekick thinking I wouldn't need it, and I did. Lesson learned.

The outdoor pool is PERFECT for fair skinned people like us. You won't see a ray of sunshine after 12:30pm as the hotel and surrounding buildings block the sun for the remainder of the day. You "might" get a few rays as the sun hits the windows and reflect back at you. Not sure if any UV protection garnered through the indirect exposure so pack a "little" sunscreen just in case. If you are the type that lays in the shade at the pool for five hours acting like you are not checking hot guys/girls out, this is a great pool for you.

In conclusion, if you are flying in, not parking a car, bringing your own internet, and can sleep in a nightclub, you will enjoy this clean, modern hotel. If not, stay away. FAR AWAY!

Room Tip: Try to stay at one of the top floors away from the main road.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank djstatik
We apologize to hear you stay was not up to your expectations. Our valet team works diligently to keep our front drive continuously moving and running. The team takes your car to our 24-hour surveillanced, underground parking garage. There are other parking options outside of our hotel, but guests rest assured their cars are conveniently stowed and protected downstairs. Our hotel does feature free internet in the lobby, with multiple seating areas and outlets to provide convenient working stations. Our hotel has been beautifully renovated within the past year and continues to shine every day since its renovation. We're glad you enjoyed the interiors of the hotel and your accommodations. Again, we apologize your stay did not meet your expectations, but we do hope you will give our property another chance to impress you with our fantastic location, friendly staff, newly renovated guest rooms and outdoor pool. We hope to see you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent customer service in a recent transaction. They really bent over backwards to help me straighten out an administrative issue. Rare to get this level of customer service and professionalism. Truly a full service hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for staying with us and we couldn't be happier to hear about your wonderful experience with our staff. Our team is trained to the highest of standards to ensure true southern hospitality for all our guests. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The glass elevators and 9 STORY sculpture were awesome! It was convenient to the Aquarium and well appointed, The $32 per day valet fee was excessive for simply parking a a car for 2 days. Don't believe any travel agency that would tell you they have smoking rooms. They have been smoke free for over a year. Expedia really let me down. I was willing to pay top dollar to accommodate my mother for her trip. I did not expect to have to force her onto a balcony in the Georgia heat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for staying with us and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. We do offer valet parking in our underground garage, plus 24-hour surveillance providing our guests with the assurance their car and possessions are well-secured. Our hotel is a smoke-free property, with allotted outdoor, smoking areas. We do hope you will choose to visit Atlanta again, and explore more of what the city has to offer, while staying with us. We hope to see you on your next trip into town. See you then!
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm not really a large hotel experience kind of person. However, I was recently traveling for work, and had occasion to stay at this hotel for about a week. What a really great hotel. Excellent attention to detail. Wonderful employees from all areas in the facility. Excellent accommodations. Immaculately kept. I enjoyed my stay in Atlanta. It was enhanced by the fine folks and my stay at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. I will look forward to future stays here at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for staying with us and we're glad our property could show you that sometimes size does not matter. Regardless of how many guests we have staying with us, our staff strives to provide diligent attention to every guest and their needs. Our guest rooms are well-appointed and are always maintained to ensure productivity and a good night's rest. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time with us and especially by the presence of our amazing staff. We, too, look forward to your return.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Nice downtown hotel with a classy lobby. Staff very friendly from the bellman to the valet guys. Rooms decorated nicely. Here as a guest for a short convention. They did a great job hosting that as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are located in the heart of downtown Atlanta on famed Peachtree Street, within walking distance to many restaurants and must-see attractions. It's great to know your stay and convention experience were well-received during your time with us. We hope to see you again, whether for work or play.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here for one night for a conference in March. Hotel service is absolutely fabulous. Every staff member that I encountered truly went out of their way to be accommodating especially as there were hundreds of high school kids running around.

The only issue that I encountered was that my room in the International Tower had a gap between the door and the door frame that let light flood in from the hallway. It was so bad that I woke up several times in the middle of the night to ensure that my door was closed. I also sleep in pitch black conditions at home and it was hard to sleep with all the light from the hall coming in.

I would definitely stay here again, but I would be asking for a room change if in the same predicament.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thanks for staying with us and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hyatt Regency Atlanta. Our staff is one of the best amenities the hotel has to offer. The true, southern hospitality our team exudes is welcoming and warming to guests and convention goers alike. We hope to see you again, soon!