“Great location really great service”

Hyatt Regency Atlanta
Ranked #36 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“Great location really great service”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I just returned from four nights at the Hyatt Regency. The location is excellent as I was attending Americas Mart. Several very good restaurants within short walking distance. Very nice pool and gym.

What sold me on this hotel was the excellent staff at every turn from check-in (Catherine), Nichole the assistant Restaurant manager, restaurant staff, cleaning staff, staff at Starbucks, valet, absolutely everywhere you turned absolutely polite and attentive service. That's a big thing with me.

Rooms clean and bed comfortable. Will return.

Room Tip: You may find the rooms in the Radius small.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Wow! Thanks for your kind review and sharing your appreciation of our polite, friendly staff. We will be certain to share your shout out with our team. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we have to offer. Our pool is a great way to relax from the busy work schedule and our 24-hour fitness center is available to help you stay on your personal fitness track. Seeing as you were attending AmericasMart, we are located across the street providing a short commute and more prep time. Again, thank you for your review and for shining the light on our excellent hospitality. We look forward to hosting you again, soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago IL
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is an affirmation of January's visit and appreciation of Anthony's help at the front desk. He is a remarkable example of what customer service should be…unfailingly cheerful, helpful and most capable. Also kudos to Penny in housekeeping for her pleasant smile and hard work!
Love the convenience of the Starbucks/snack bar in the lobby.
Stephanie in the bar area served lunch with a smile…thank you!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for staying with us and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with our staff. We will be sure to share your great comments with the team. Our friendly staff is trained to the highest of standards, and it's always wonderful to hear from our appreciative guests. You tried a few of our dining outlets, and from the service to the food, we're glad you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for the recommendation and come back to see us.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Let’s say , our stay was not planned, due to some issues with my driver’s license , we stayed for three nights at this Hotel.
Fir sure I would recommend it= very nice lobby and rooms = friendly staff.
On the other hand staying in Atlanta, ?? you better stay in Midtown = Downtown pretty boring .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jantjevdp1
Highlands, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a wonderful stay! I took my daughter and her friend to see The Little Mermaid at the fox. The location is perfect. Short drive to the fox. Numerous restaurants are within a block of the hotel. They chose Hard Rock Cafe. The hotel itself is beautiful! Who waters all those plants? Front desk was nice , valet was friendly and efficient . The crown suite was beautiful ! It had a balcony and a separate living room. Very clean. Absolutely no complaints what so ever. The pool was also beautiful. This is a very large hotel with many different events taking place all the time. It was a wonderful stay and perfect for us. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Wow! Thanks so much for your wonderful review and we're happy you enjoyed your stay. Our crown suites are beautiful and the perfect step up from our standard rooms, providing more living space to meet your needs. We are near the Fox Theatre and if you are without a car you can always utilize a city cab or the MARTA train system. All entire staff is friendly and available to ensure your stay is comfortable and relaxing. Regarding food options, our hotel offers 4 various types of restaurants. Outside the hotel your options are also endless. We are in a great neighborhood where there is always something going on and never a dull moment. We look forward to seeing you again, too!
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My great experience checking in the Hyatt began with Miss Ahn. She was very accommodating and pleasant. During and ending my stay, much thanks to Michael, Spencer and Mr. Talley. These guys are so willing to be helpful, and they are very knowledgeable of the hotel and the State. I really enjoyed myself. Thank you Hyatt and please appreciate your human capital.

• Stayed July 2014
It is always wonderful to hear our guests enjoy their stay, but even more so to hear the specific names of our associates who made your stay memorable. Our staff is trained to the highest of standards and we take pride in the services we provide. Thank you for your shout outs and we will be sure to share your gratefulness with them all. We hope you will come back and see us again, soon. We look forward to your return!
Houston, TX
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is only about 12 miles from the airport and is located downtown Atlanta on Peachtree. Check in went quickly. The hotel had a fairly recent renovation. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. I appreciated the tube of toothpaste that Hyatt provides...little things matter. I was in town for a meeting; meeting facilities were good. Room service food was great although they did not come back for the tray even after I called for pick up.

There also was a skywalk from the hotel to the Peachtree Center Mall which provided an opportunity for shopping. What I really liked was I was approaching the check out desk and the desk clerk came out from behind the desk with a smile on her face and warmly greeted me. She also helped me with my luggage...it is the little things that matter.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thanks for choosing Hyatt Regency Atlanta for your stay in Atlanta. It's wonderful to hear your stay was pleasant and that our little acts of hospitality set us apart from other hotels. We put our guests first and strive for you to see Hyatt as your home away from home. Our check-in process is quick with our friendly Front Desk Agents and our electronic Express Check-In/Out option. We are also connected to Peachtree Center (via enclosed skybridge) providing quick access to the MARTA train, multiple options for fast-food dining and shopping. Thanks for your kind words and for recognizing the little things our property and associates put toward making your stay memorable and relaxing. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Atlanta. See you then!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I spent over 9 months at this hotel on business and it was the staff, more so than the ammenities provided, that set this hotel a part and maintained my business. Lashunda Bradstreet from Regency Club provided outstanding customer service and went above and beyond to make me feel at home. She shared the best part of my day, the wind-down period, and was always pleasant, professional, warm and attentive. The last day of my stay, she went out of her way to surprise me with my favorite novelities and I came back to a room with wine, sweets and parting gifts. She will truly be missed!

Jin Pyen from reservations also provided excellent service, treating me to concert tickets and dinner. Furthermore she booked my hotels weekly so that I didn't have to worry and always provided me with my favorite room preferences.

Finally, the front line staff were always fanstastic! Not only were they cordial and fun to speak with, they demonstrated exemplirary profesisonalism and addressed any needs I had over the 9 months of my staty. Shereth Nunes, Crystal Williams and Ty always took good care of me and made sure I had the best accomdations possible.

I'd certainly recommend this hotel; the rooms are very nice but the staff is great and helped the Hyatt Regency become my home away from home.

Cheers to them!

Sabrina

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HyattAtlanta, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Atlanta, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
WOW! Your reviews and recommendation of our property has stopped us in our track. As you have given shootouts to five individual associates, it is truly apparent that our staff takes pride in ensuring your stay is comfortable and memorable. You enjoyed access to our private Regency Club, which provides complimentary wi-fi, extra room to lounge and relax, plus complimentary snacks and drinks. Apart from our wonderful amenities, it truly is our staff who brings guests back to the property time and time again. During the hiring process, our associates are trained to the highest level. Hospitality is our business, and within each of our associates, you can see they truly put the guest first. We will be sure to share your kind words with our team and the individuals you are worked with on previous visits. Thanks for making Hyatt your home away from home. It's always a delight having you stay with us! See you on your next trip to Atlanta.