“Overpriced & Overrated”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #48 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
“Overpriced & Overrated”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I think paying 550 dollars for 3 nites is way too much. Also, they don't have regular parking. You have to pay 30 dollars a day for vallet parking. My husband and I stayed here for a convention or I never would have paid this much for a room. Also, the heat didn't work and I found hairs on my pillow. For the price I thought we would have a fridge and microwave, but we didn't. We stayed in the south tower maybe the north is better. I hope we can stay somewhere else next year.

• Stayed September 2011
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave review in regards to your recent stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We hope you will consider staying with us again allowing us the opportunity to regain your trust.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Korean first
Florida
Reviewed 29 September 2011

For a first time visitor, I found the hotel to be somewhat of a maze and short of signage to help newcomers navigate their way around the property. As far as the accommodations were concerned, I thought the rooms were well equipped but nothing fancy. My only complaint was the lack of insulation/sound-proofing between the rooms (well at least in the North Tower where I stayed), I could hear my neighbors casual conversations and that was disconcerting.

• Stayed September 2011
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 29 September 2011

My sister and I go to Atlanta every year for a sister trip and to spend time with our younger sister for her birthday. This was the first year we decided to stay downtown instead of one of the airport hotels. We caught the Marta from the Airport to the CNN center. We got a little turned around getting up from the train to the lobby of the hotel, but eventually found our way. (hint: go to the east end of train landing)

This hotel is beautiful at first sight. The lobby areas are decorated in informal little seating areas with vases of fresh floral arrangements and candles during the evening. It lends itself to the perfect girlfriend getaway hotel.

On second sight, especially in the rooms, you can see some wear and tear, however the housekeeping staff does it's best to make your room as comfortable as can be for you. My room was clean however when I went to use the coffee machine, it was so dusty I chose not to use it. I never interacted with housekeeping until the day I was to check out (they knocked on my door prior to 9 am to see if I was leaving - which was a little annoying - just put your privacy door hanger out and that will stop that from happening)

The hallways and lobby are kept pretty cool so if you're cold natured keep a wrap or sweater with you.

It's attached to the CNN Center, and with the food court you find there you almost never have to leave to hotel for anything unless you actually want to. Lots of choices to eat at between the hotel's restaurants and the CNN food court. However, if you order room service it comes to you quick and hot!

The best thing about this hotel, however, is the staff! They're fantastic! Every employee you pass smiles and speaks to you. Even as I was leaving they were telling us to hurry and come back or better yet just simply move down there!!

Let's start with check in:

I was checked in by Lorraine Beezley...she was very professional and made sure my sister and I were well taken care of...even sending us a fruit and cheese plate along with a bottle of wine for mistakenly giving one of us a room we didn't ask for. KUDOS to Lorraine. She is an excellent "piece of the puzzle."

My next KUDOS goes to Kimberly C. from the Concierge desk. Each and every time I went to ask her a question, she gave me the info with a smile. She, too, is an excellent "piece of the puzzle"

My super excellent drinks were made by Omar at the bar and he remembered day to day what I drank. Y'all he makes an excellent chocolate or pineapple upside down martini. So look him up at the bar. He's a puzzle piece that is an asset to the Omni.

Cynthia from room service was a great help when I ordered breakfast every morning even helping to correct my bill when I was overcharged and making sure I got lots of cream for my coffee!!! Those puzzle pieces keep coming together quite nicely.

One of the most memorable persons that brought my breakfast to my room was Aaron. He is such a charming young man who gave me some great make-up tips! So lively, personable, and professional all in one! Again a great puzzle piece.

Last but not least there's Ashley the Loyalty Ambassador who took the time to find my loyalty membership information and immediately correct my bill to give me the perks that the membership offers. She had my final bill corrected and all in order by the time I went down to check out.

I was also checked out by Lorraine and again nothing but Kudos!!!

The hotel is located directly across the street from Centennial Park which, weather permitting is an excellent place to go and people watch. It's also only 5 blocks (which we walked to) from Atlanta Underground, we ate at Georgia Peach..(down the steps across from the candy/fudge shop-oh and stop and get some pralines while you're there!!! yummy!). Excellent down home food at a good price!

The only drawback to this weekend was the fire in the hotel on Saturday night. I was not able to go to my room and change for a surprise birthday party for my sister which was actually the MAIN REASON for my coming to Atlanta. So my weekend was ruined because I wasn't able to make it to the party. I am sending a letter to the hotel's general manager, John Hunter, requesting for comp room nights to use within the next year for my inconvenience experienced.

Hopefully the hotel will quickly honor my request. Either way I'll come back and let y'all know.

This hotel offers southern hospitality and comfort all in one!

Room Tip: stay in the south tower...everything is located there except the pool.... ask for a high floor to g...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for such a high rating and for such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We sincerely appreciate your letting everyone know of your satisfaction with your accommodations and the service of our dedicated staff. We will pass along your comments to Lorraine, Kimberly, Omar, Cynthia, Aaron and Ashley. Although the fire in the hotel was unforeseen, we can certainly understand how this was an inconvenience. We truly apologize for you missing your sister’s party. Unfortunately the fire was a mishap as it relates to your experience. We certainly hope to welcome you back once again.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 28 September 2011

As first timers to Atlanta we weren't sure what to expect. But, the Omni was a great choice. It's attached to the CNN center and very close to Centennial Park, World of Coke, and many other places.

It is a typical hotel room, but was spacious, clean, and we had no problems. Parking was a little pricey at $30 a day, but it was valet and in downtown so we can't complain too much!

Room Tip: The south tower is in the same building as the CNN Center. The north tower is connected via a skywa...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JJ870
It is a pleasure for us to hear of your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Atlanta.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The whole reason I come to the Omni in Atlanta and am a select guest member is the outstanding customer service I receive from Lorraine Beezley. Lorraine not only helped accommodate us while arriving early but made sure our every need was properly addressed. It is because of this amazing employee that I continue to be an Omni Hotels patron. I honestly have never been better taken care of and will continue visit as long as Lorraine Beezley and others of her caliber are still with Omni Hotels. They are the elitist in their field…

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Thank you very much for such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We sincerely appreciate your letting everyone know of your satisfaction with the service of our dedicated staff. We will pass along your comments to Lorraine. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy staying at Omni Hotels and look forward to welcoming you back again and again!
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 25 September 2011

To be fair I did not get the full feel of the hotel since I was there on business. What I did see was luxury with small pitfalls. The location was perfect in the middle of the city and across the street from Centennial Park. My window overlooked it on the 26th floor and being able to walk across the street and enjoy a beautiful park was a treat. The lobbies, restaurants, lounge areas... were beautiful. The room had some dissappointments. The phone system didn't completely work and it was a challege getting a response each evening. Though when I did get through the staff was very polite. They did mention it was being worked on. The inconsistency of housekeeping and not being impressed with the room service food was a let down. Overall it was a very nice hotel where most people will be pleased with.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the city over Centennial Park.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Please accept our apology in regards to your visit. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future.
Somerville, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stayed at the Omni for a conference in September. Check in was very easy and the staff was super friendly. Almost every employee said "Good Morning" which was nice. The hotel is attached to the CNN Broadcast center and the Phillps Center (Atlanta Hawks). The Georgia Dome is just a few blocks away. The hotel is located right next to the Fountain with Olymoic Rings from 1996. There are about 10 resturants within walking distance. I took a cab from the airport ($33) but there is a train option (MARTA) that stops at the Arena.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
We appreciate your positive review of your stay with us. We are delighted that you were pleased with our staff and our convenience to the downtown attractions. Please come back and visit us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center the next time you are in Atlanta.