“Really?”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #50 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Went there for a conference. My room was in the south tower while the conference was in the north tower (really?). The room was nice and fairly well appointed. You could tell things had been slipping recently since the TV wasn't a flat screen or high def. The wallpaper in the bathroom had been repaired and there were areas that still needed more attention. There were paint spots on the tile floor of the bathroom as well.

My room faced the street and I could hear everything going on down there (I was on the 11th or 14 floors) including the train the came through town blowing it's horns around midnight each night. Couple that with the numerous fire trucks blaring their way through town several times per night and needless to say I didn't get too much sleep during my 4 night stay.

Don't believe them when they tell you the MARTA station is "just across the CNN Center Lobby". It's not and there are several sets of staircases you have to negotiate if you try.

The lobby was really nice and the bar in the lobby was a lively place Thursday and Friday nights. The staff was hot and cold. Some nice, others not. Several times I came to the desk or concierge only to stand there while the staff took phone call after phone call and ignored me. My one special request was to find a rental car and that ended up being a problem because the guy I talked to didn't follow through with finding out it the rental agency he sent me to had any cars (they didn't) so I had to try two more agencies until I found anything to rent. The good news is the hotel staff did arrange to have a driver take me to the rental agencies.

If you get a room facing the street in the south tower, don't expect to get much sleep unless you're a deep sleeper. Other rooms may be quieter but I doubt it.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the street in the south tower.
2  Thank Hollewoood
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. Please be assured that all your comments both positive and negative will be shared with our management team. Thank you for staying with us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Great place to stay for a convention at the GWCC. Nice rooms and easy access to the convention center. Had a room facing the Atrium at CNN center, it was nice for one night, but would have liked to see outside. Lots of good restaurants in the hotel, as well as within walking distance. Staff was very attentive and interested in what you were doing, etc. Check in and out was easy. Location is good for other activities also.

Room Tip: CNN center is interesting for a view, would request an outside view
1  Thank washboy

It is a pleasure for us to hear of your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We appreciate your review and we look forward to your next visit to the Omni Hotel at CNN Center.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed there for 5 nights for a conference. The hotel is conveniently located near Coca Cola World, Aquarium, Georgia World Convention Centre, across the street from Olympic Park and connected to CNN Centre. Underground Atlanta is only a short walk away. Personally I would like a view overlooking the Olympic Park in the North Tower. Services are great. They delivered everything they promised on the Select Guest program, can't say the same thing for other hotel chains. Hotel has computer to print out boarding pass for free, I think thats a nice touch. Restaurant has good food, nice decor and friendly service. Overall, it is good value and definitely worth the 4 diamond rating.

Room Tip: North Tower overlooks the Olympic park
2  Thank funr

Thank you for such a high rating. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We hope you will choose us again the next time you are in Atlanta.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Although the date under the WHEN DID U TRAVEL tab states DEC 2010...this was an overnight visit in May of 2010. I had friends to come into town for Carnival and Memorial Day weekend, their choice of hotel was Omni Hotel at CNN Center.
After a night of partying, dancing, laughing etc, we all crashed back at the hotel. Each in our own rooms. Being that I live in Atlanta, my companion and I could have driven the few miles back to my Midtown apartment but chose not to.
I don't remember what floor we were on but the view from the room was awesome. We were on the side that faces Centennial Olympic Park drive with the CNN sign below us. The hotel in in the middle of downtown Atlanta, right next to Philips Arena.
The hotel room was pretty decent but the double beds were not big enough for two adults to sleep in. We ended up sleeping in separate beds before the night was over. Which is why we usually request a king size bed but apparently all those were booked.
There is a working station(desk and desk chair) for those that chose to work during their time at the Omni. There's a pretty decent sized TV in the room and the bathroom is nice. Valet parking is $15 a night, I don't remember there being any type of breakfast offered, or any other type of incentive. But all in all it was good for and overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your review and comments in regards to your overnight stay with us. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the Omni Hotel at CNN Center again.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

The Omni at CNN Center is in the middle of the action in Atlanta. Right next door (literally) is the Georgiadome, the Convention Center, Centennial/Olympic Park, and restaurants galore. Add to that the CNN Center which is a must see even for seasoned business travelers. The rooms and the hotel itself is what you would expect from Omni Hotels, that is very well done. If you are attending an event at the Convention Center or the Georgiadome, this Omni is definitely the most convenient hotel in town.

Room Tip: If you're attending an event at the Convention Center or a game at the Georgiadome, request a ro...
2  Thank Walter O
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to know that our hotel is conveniently located in the heart of everything you wish to do in downtown Atlanta. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We spent a fun weekend with teenagers at the Omni. You can't beat the Omni's weekend rates for value on a quality hotel. Close to all the fun of downtown and midtown Atlanta. Centennial Park is right there, and the sports venues are too. Be sure and ask for a city view room in the South Tower. Wonderful view of Centennial Park. Spacious rooms, excellent bedding. Excellent bathroom with marble finishes, real glassware and nice toiletries. Tub, shower combination, but heh, its only $135. This isn't the nicest place in Atlanta, but the difference between this and the Four Seasons or the Mansion are merely in degree of quality. Free internet and morning coffee in your room if you are an Omni select guest member. The only drawbacks are that this place has 1000 rooms (but they do a pretty good job with that) and the higher up windows in the South Tower let in more city noise than you would expect. The other quality spots are much smaller.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jeff3545

We are honored that you chose the Omni Hotel at CNN Center for your fun weekend. Thank you for providing such a detailed review. Come back and visit us again the next time you want to getaway with or without the teenagers.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

The Omni in Atlanta was a truly wonderful experience! I stayed here for three nights for a conference at the GWCC and it was the best location to get to and from my meetings with ease. The staff at the Omni were more than helpful. Melissa at the front desk made sure I had everything I needed and was friendly face each time I saw her. The lobby was beautifully decorted and the lounge area was comfortable and nice for meeting up with new friends. Our waiter went above and beyond, I only wish I could remember his name! The fitness center was clean and offered anything you might need. I didn't have a chance to use the pool and hot tub, but it looked very nice and others seemed to be enjoying themselves. Room service was extremely quick and very good both times. The prices were not horrible for the convenience and portion sizes (I never finished my meals). Definitely sign up to be a Rewards Member. It is free and was great to have juice and coffee delivered to my room each morning before I started my day. The CNN Food Court is basically in the hotel down an escalator. It was great to have plenty of options for everyone if you needed to grab a quick meal. Traveling alone I always worry about safety. The Omni felt very safe throughout the entire large property. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. They all looked like they were enjoying their jobs, which I sometimes don't see at hotels. There were no hidden charges on my account as others have mentioned. The room was in pristine condition and the rate I was able to get was well worth the accomodations. I look forward to staying at more Omni properties in the future. Thank you Omni Atlanta for a great experience!

Room Tip: If you are attending a conference at the GWCC definitely ask to stay in the North Tower. It was a qu...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Shelly L

The Omni Hotel at CNN Center would like to thank you for such a great review. We are pleased to hear you had a perfect experience while staying with us. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you visit Atlanta.