“Best location for Aquarium, Coke, CNN tours”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #48 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, United States
“Best location for Aquarium, Coke, CNN tours”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Expensive, but location and quality worth the price. Terrific water pressure and bedding. Stayed in North Tower, but I think families usually stay in South Tower which adjoins CNN complex…other than my 8 & 11 yr olds, I didn't see another child in North Tower so I was constantly "ssshh"ing them to be quiet and not disturb other guests.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Korean first
Hanover
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Able to secure a discount on Priceline so the price was phenomenonal for the level of service. Nice enough hotel, clean room. The lounge was fine for drinks with colleagues. The proximity to the convention center could not be beat. The only issue I had was with a loud periodic noise in the wall which made for very disruptive sleep.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My son and I spent his 18th birthday at the CNN Omni after traveling from Seattle for a Seahawks/Falcons game. The Omni is located directly across from the Olympic park, attached to CNN, and blocks from the Georgia Dome, Aquarium, Coke Museum and the Big Ferris Wheel. We chose the Omni for the location and recommend it for the outstanding customer service!

Getting there: Take the Marta from the airport. $2.50 per person and so easy. Felt safe with my teen and drops you off a block from the CNN hotel entrance doors. Door to door service and so easy. Take the Northbound to "Five Points" and get off, cross the platform and hop on a Westbound for one stop to "Georgia Dome/CNN" stop. Simple.

The room: Highly recommend the North Tower over the South Tower, although both are nice. North is closer to the park with better views. North has the pool in their tower and is newer. South has the restaurant, CNN and the CNN food court in the basement and is connected to the North Tower via the 4th floor sky bridge. We were in 1380 and loved it. The higher the ending number (80, 81 or 82) means you are closer to the end of the row with the best views. Room was a double, clean, fresh with an amazing view of the park (see photos). I appreciate that the a/c was able to be managed by me, within the room, by digits so that I could set it to 64 at night and sleep peacefully - darn hot flashes.

Hospitality: When making reservations I mentioned it was my son's birthday and was surprised to see two slices of chocolate cake with two Cokes upon going into the room. He felt special and was very happy. Staff wished him a happy birthday throughout our trip, remembering the celebratory reason we were there. Bus boys were helpful in giving us directions, check-in was a breeze with only one or two people in line whenever we went by - yet the place was full with convention goers. Well staffed, friendly and top-notch.

Safety: To get to your floor you need your keycard, which gave me comfort.

Only negative was that the room next to us got a little loud late that night and we could hear them but thankfully it stopped after about 20 minutes and they must have gone to bed. With good neighbors I wouldn't have even noticed that.

Highly recommend. Location and convenience from the airport and to the game can't be beat.

Room Tip: * North Tower * Higher Floors * Rooms from 65-82 (end digits) for best views.
2 Thank ttshutterbug
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Excellent place to stay to be near all of the highlights of downtown Atlanta. You're treated like royalty and are able to walk out the door to many of the highly-visited tourist location in downtown ATL.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is a great place to come for business or pleasure. It's location is excellent and simple to find whether using the interstate or assessing local streets. The staff is incredible from the bell stand area to housekeeping. The friendly demeanor of every person at the Omni is genuine and continues in corridors, front desk, restaurant and in the elevators. The cleanliness of the rooms is outstanding. I would highly recommend this first class hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you so very much for your recommendation of the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Your kind words regarding our staff is sincerely appreciated and we are so glad that we made your stay with us one to remember! We take great pride in the exceptional quality of service that we provide for each guest and we hope that you will once again join us here in Atlanta!
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is across the street from Centennial Olympic Park and is attached to CNN center and a food court with many restaurants ( Wendys, Subway , Chick Fil A etc).You can easily walk to World of Coca Cola and the Georgia aquarium from here as well as numerous restaurants and the Philips arena and Georgia dome. Rooms and hotel are clean with nice decor. Beds are comfortable and water pressure is awesome. Staff is friendly and helpful . Best place to stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2013
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I really want to give this hotel 5 stars, because the service was good, the managers were helpful, the hotel restaurant was excellent, and the location was wonderful. But...

My family attended Walker Stalker Con in Atlanta over the first weekend in November, and we got a great rate to stay at the OMNI for three nights. When we checked in around 11pm, they were unable to accommodate us in a king size bed, as reserved online over a month ago. Instead, we were offered two full size beds in the North Tower. I complained and then they 'miraculously' found a room with a king size bed.

Little did we know that the hotel policy allows animals in ALL of their hotel rooms. They do not inform guests of this, and do not ask if you have allergies. For someone like me who is seriously allergic to cats, this was a big problem. Within an hour of being in the room, I was sniffing and coughing. When I woke up in the morning, I was sneezing like crazy but thought maybe the room had mold. We went out and spent the day in Atlanta, then came back that night and got ready for bed. I couldn't figure out why I was sneezing and using my emergency inhaler, but since I frequently suffer from allergies I thought it was just a bad day. However, when I awoke in the morning, my eyes were so swollen, my head was throbbing and my nose was so red that I marched down to the front desk and asked them flat out if cats were allowed in the hotel.

Long story short - YES, THEY ALLOW ANIMALS IN EVERY ROOM OF THE HOTEL, and guests with allergies are not informed when they reserve. The front desk was amazingly apologetic - we were given an incredible upgrade to the Coca-Cola Suite on the top floor for our last night, plus a $75 certificate for dinner at the hotel's restaurant. All of these things were great, but my aching head and running eyes ruined my two professional photographs with two famous movie stars from the weekend, and I was sick for days.

I personally think that the hotel is putting people's health at risk. What if my allergies were so severe that I went into anaphylactic shock in the hotel room? Not telling people that animals stay in the rooms is dangerous, and I feel like the hotel needs to understand how serious allergies can be. That is why I am giving them 2 stars.

Room Tip: BEWARE, ALLERGY SUFFERERS - The OMNl allows animals to stay in every room of the hotel. If you have...
1 Thank andromedaeve
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that your allergies so severely affected the quality of your experience and wish to extend our sincerest apologies for your discomfort. As noted on our website, we do permit pets weighing 25 pounds or less to stay at our hotel. Because the comfort of all of our guests is of the utmost importance, we do a very deep cleaning of the rooms after our four-legged guests depart. This deep cleaning includes changing out all linens, washing the drapes and a carpet shampoo in an effort to ensure that future guests do not suffer an allergic reaction. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to create a more memorable experience for you and encourage you to contact us prior to your arrival so we can deep clean your room before you check-in.