“Poor cleaning”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #52 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Cleaning room was poor, missed coffee for the morning. The hotel was old and run down. The restaurant in the hotel has good food, prepared nice and tasty. On the night was a very beautiful view of the city from the restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to our Hotel. It is with much regret that I note your disappointment with your experience and I wish to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We apprieciate your feedback as it is beneficial in our quest to delight and satisfy our guest by continually striving to be better. Please rest assured that your comments have been noted and taken very seriously. We hope to soon have the opportunity to prove to you that Omni Hotel CNN Center is indeed a premium desination in Atlanta.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was my first stay an Omni hotel. I usually stay uni the common chains (Hilton/Marriott/Hyatt, etc.) Overall, great - wonderful gym/fitness area! The real downer was the desk and chair in the room. They really need to dump the workspace they have for an ergonomic, rolling chair.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had a flight layover and Atlanta and decided to stay at the Omni as they had a cheap weekend deal going on so I figured why not. First of all this hotel has multiple entrances but little signage to suggest where Reception is and no staff were around to guide me. I wandered around through the maze of escalators and eventually found Reception where the Front Desk staff member was looking at text messages on his phone so another girl checked me in. Quite a quick check in but with no warmth and little information provided and this was with no other guests around! Not a friendly Georgia welcome to be found. Got to the room and it was a standard Omni room, well appointed and stocked and free wireless and water for Select Guests which I like. I ate at the bar and it was decent food and good service. I think the front desk needs more training and a friendlier and more helpful approach!

Room Tip: Get a high floor for great views!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to our Hotel. It is with much regret that I note your disappointment with your interaction with our staff and I wish to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate your feedback as it is beneficial in our quest to delight and satisfy our guest by continually striving to be better. Please rest assured that your comments have been noted and taken very seriously. We hope to soon have the opportunity to prove to you that Omni Hotel CNN Center is indeed a premium desination in Atlanta.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Centrally located in downtown Atlanta. Located right across from the conference center. I could go back to the room to take a nap between sessions of my conference. I like sitting in the lobby when I had time and read a book in comfort. A great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us here at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center during your recent conference in Atlanta! We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share such kind words regarding the time you spent with us at our hotel. It is truly wonderful to hear that you felt so at home and could relax in the lobby with a good book! Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Atlanta soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Another nice Omni. Everything in room worked, excellent condition, clean, quiet. Restaurant a bit pricey but good food prepared well, excellent staff. The Omni Select guest perks (coffee brought to room each morning), turndown each night are nice. Fitness room was very pleasant.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Great location. Food court in the building as part of the CNN center made quick meals easy. Rooms are nice. Bed was a bit hard for me. My staff had to share double beds. They thought the beds were a bit small for that compared to the other hotels we stayed on our trip. Can't beat the location if you are wanting to be downtown to do the tourist stuff (CNN, Coke, basketball, etc.)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Friendly staff. A lot of rather aggressive homeless folks in the area. Not recommended to walk alone in the evening. Best bone-in prime rib at the Meridian restaurant I have ever had!!!! Latitudes Bar and their kitchen can't seem to get it together. Poor service should you order food there.