“Very Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #49 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Needham, Massachusetts
“Very Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Only spent one night at the hotel while on business, but it was extremely enjoyable. The room had a great view, the beds/pillows were extremely comfortable, and the staff were extremely helpful. Next time I am in Atlanta, I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Korean first
Dothan, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

If you are going to a concert at Philips Arena in Downtown Atlanta - this is THE place to stay. Never have to go outside if the weather is bad - parking is easy with the Valet service. Great places to eat on hotel property or just go to CNN Center for a great selection.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Ft Wayne, IN
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Spent several days here for a business conference. This was a week during an ice storm that shut down much of Atlanta. Many of the hotel staff could not get home so their level of service was even more appreciated, knowing that they'd slept somewhere in the hotel for two or more nights. Rooms are spacious and in good shape. The breakfast buffet was quite good. The large lobby provides plenty of places to sit down and meet with friends, business associates,etc.

Room Tip: A room overlooking Olympic park is nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
College Station, TX
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the Omni CNN Center for the Chik-Fil-A bowl during the New Year holiday. The location was absolutely perfect for everything we wanted to do in Atlanta. It was a short walk through Centennial Park to the aquarium and World of Coca-Cola. We were also on the parade route, and just steps away from the pregame festivities at the World Congress center and the Georgia Dome. We never had to take our car out of the valet.

We stayed in the north tower and had a fabulous view of Centennial Park and the ferris wheel. The food court in the CNN center was very handy and there was also a Ruth's Chris steakhouse a couple of blocks from the hotel. We felt very safe in the hotel and walking to all of the activities.

We did incur a problem on our first night with loud parties going on in the on both sides of our room. Security did come intervene and it was quiet for about 45 minutes and then it started again. The front desk moved us the next day to a much quieter room and were very apologetic.

I would recommend this hotel for enjoying downtown Atlanta activities and/or anything in the world congress center or Georgiadome.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Fitzgerald
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The location is perfect! next to both the Georgia Dome and Phillips Arena. Best place to stay if your going to either place and want to be able to walk back and forth to your venue! Took the kids to a soccer game and love being able to take them on a cnn tour and out to the park next door. So many things close by to do within walking distance. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for your compliments of our address. We appreciate your loyalty and hope that we can continue to welcome you when your travels bring you to Atlanta.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

The service at the Omni is very, very good. However, my room was in the "recently renovated" tower and my bedding must not have been updates.

Both Queen beds leaned and sagged. Also the decorative pillows were so gigantic, they were completely useless when it was time to sleep. Then the "sleeping" pillows were so tiny and light that the two together wouldn't support my head.

By far the worst beds and pillows I have ever had at any hotel. I have stayed at a wide range of hotels and my sleep experience was definitely the worst ive ever had.

The view from the room was fantastic. The pool and spa was very nice and relaxing. The bath tub was a bit tiny, but had a nice sloping back. Which I really appreciated.

I did not expect the parking to be 36.00 however it was ultra convient and I feel worth the price. However, 9.95 for wifi is a bit too much. My friend sprung for it and it did work pretty well.

The bottle of water was 6.00... thats pretty high. I can see 4.00 but not 6.00.

Overall my stay was convenient. Except for check in. They could not find my name in the system. So I had to go back to my car for the printed receipt from the internet reservations and pre payment. Otherwise, based on the attitude of the clerk. I was going to be S.O.L. He was nice. But if I didnt have that receipt. God knows what could have happened.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to our Hotel. It is with much regret that I note your disappointment with your experience and I wish to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We apprieciate your feedback as it is beneficial in our quest to delight and satisfy our guest by continually striving to be better. Please rest assured that your comments have been noted and taken very seriously. We hope to soon have the opportunity to prove to you that the Omni Hotel at CNN Center is indeed a premium desination in Atlanta.
Festus, Missouri
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at the Omni Hotel. When I made the reservation on the phone the man was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The front desk staff we pleasant as was the staff in the Meridian. The hotel was clean!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Many thanks for your delightful review! We sincerely appreciate your kind words and especially for the acknowledgement of our staff and their hard work. We look forward to warmly welcoming you back soon!