“Great location for the convention center”

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #49 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is not a new hotel however it has got its charm. You get the cosmopolitan feeling with the view over the CNN entrance (I can highly recommend the CNN round trip).
The location is great for the convention center, it is only 100 meters (300 feet) away.
There are no interesting restaurants around, we tried them all and I will therefore recommend the food in the hotel. The food court on the ground floor serves the worst food I ever had, - micro wave fast food!

The rooms are a little outdated and the air cons are making a noise. There is a fridge which is empty. On each floor is a wonderful vending machine where you can buy soft drinks much cheaper than the 6 dollar bottled water at room service. The vending machine can be difficult to find though, so ask the staff.

My room was smaller than my friend's, he got a balcony, I didn't. Even we paid the same price and checked in at the same time. It was really cool to sit on the indoor balcony overlooking the CNN.
Don't forget that a 16% city/state tax will be added to your bill on check out.

A taxi from the airport to the hotel cost 36 dollars and from the hotel to the airport 32 dollars. Outside stops a shuttle bus which will take you to the airport for 16 dollars. I was told it leaves every 30 minutes.
There is not much shopping (or any good restaurants) around. A taxi to Wallmart in Martin Luther King Drive cost $ 12.- for a 1,5 miles distance each way.

There is a wonderful park outside called Olympic Park, and you can walk through it to the Coca Cola Museum.

1  Thank Pix5
Write a ReviewReviews (6,171)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

But I got moved so it worked out and I was able to sleep. If they try to book you in North tower with a balcony don't do it. And don't leave your phone charger, even if you call a couple hours after checkout to ask they will just brush you off because they already got your money.

2  Thank Camerine F
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Camerine F.,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review yuor recent stay here at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. I would like to extend my sincere apologies that your stay was anything less than exceptional and that your phone charger was not recovered. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have further concerns. We hope to have the oportunity to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I spent a week at the Omni and all amenities were as expected. The Prime Meridian restaurant exceed my expectations with the rib eye steak. I enjoyed it so much that I had it on three of the six nights in the hotel.

2  Thank Scott R

Dear Scott R.,

It is wonderful to read the review of your recent stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We are glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us. Your compliments of Prime Meridian are greatly appreciated and will most certainly be shared with our culinary team. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Atlanta in the near future!

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Picked up a good deal and stayed here one night. Very comfortable twin room with great views out over Atlanta.
Hotel is very luxurious with helpful staff. It's in the CNN Center where the CNN Global Headquarters is so you really feel part of a thriving part of the city.
Coca Cola World and Georgia Aquarium both a short walk away.
Free WiFi in lobby and park outside but not in room.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ElJamo

Dear ElJamo,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled that our central downtown location provided you with a thriving city feel. Your commendations of our staff and property are greatly appreciated and remind us why we are in the hospitality industry. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Omni Hotel at CNN Center again soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is overall OK, good gym, a small outdoor pool and of course a great location. However the room was quite outdated, and I found the pillows and bed to be quite uncomfortable.

There are much better options in the area and at the same or even lower rate.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Capodicapi12,

I truly appreciate the feedback you have provided. Bringing these opinions to our attention allows us to improve our property and I have shared your comments with our department leadership. We hope that you will visit again and allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which the Omni brand is known.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed at the Omni for a show at the convention center. Short walk to convention center. There is a food court inside the CNN building. The hotel had a pleasant and helpful staff. Pool was not what i was hoping for and now i know why not many pictures are posted of the pool. Overall had a great stay.

1  Thank rich7248
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Rich7248,

Thank you so very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. I apologize for your disappointment in our pool area, however I am glad to hear that you were able to take advatage of our convenient location directly adjacent to the Georgia World Congress Center. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Atlanta again!

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed three nights for a trade show in the Georgia World Congress Center. Being centrally located downtown town was perfect. Many restaurants within walking distance, CNN Center benefits, along with Centennial park right outside. The room I had wasn't blow me away special, but it was very clean and spacious. Everyone there was consistently making every effort to take care of me. I would recommend it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Khite100

Dear Khite100,

I would like to extend my genuine appreciation for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. Many thanks on your comments and for acknowledging the exceptional service that our team has provided. I truly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience and for recommending our property.