“Just ok”

Ranked #50 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Winchester, Hampshire
“Just ok”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

A bit money grabbing. Tried charging for wifi even though we were Omni members. I just cannot understand why a high end chain like this feel they have to charge an extra $10 a day, per person, for a service that is taken for granted elsewhere. Pool was a pathetic afterthought. So cloudy I refused to get in. Ok, when problems were notified they were rectified, eventually. Our room was not serviced two days in a row. Not what you expect for the money you pay. I would look elsewhere on my next visit to Atlanta.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DavidNM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Great location and staff. The room was nice in size, great bed and clean large bathroom. The location is walking distance to the various attractions and restaurants in the area. I highly recommend staying at this hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Omni Hotel, Short ride from airport, excellent on all levels e.g. close to other restaurants ease of meeting friends, no tea bags in room my only complaint, makingcoffee is challenging. The closeness to CNN offers both an interesting visit but also a food court making it easy for families with children.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Gene P
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 August 2014

In April, we reserved 2 corner rooms for 2 nights for the Chick-fil-a Ole Miss ballgame in August. At check-in we were told that only one corner room was available. We sucked it up, but then the corner room stunk of cigarettes and had to change rooms to non-corner. At check-out, were still charged corner room rate. Just very disappointed and don't understand what good it does to make a reservation ahead of time if it's not held for you. Hotel is nice and staff friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Keith6635,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. I would like to extend my genuine apologies for the incovenience with your room reservation. I assure you that instances such as this are rare for Omni and your comments have been shared with both Front Office and Housekeeping department leadership to make sure that this situation is not repeated. If you should wish to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to me directly. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back and demonstrate our signature hospitality.

Tom Hazay
Hotel Manager
Panama
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Great spot to be at you can walk to so munch such as the Georgia World Congress Center, CNN, Philips Arena, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Dome, College Hall of Fame, etc.. Service there was good overall. Some Cons would be you have to valet park which is not my favorite thing. We had to wait 15-20 minutes for our car which I could have for it faster. Another night we had to wait about 10-15 minutes to find out the first guy could not drive a manual. The room overall was good the cons where the bathrooms the shower and the toilet had mildew/mold so needs a deeper cleaning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed at the OMNI June on a business trip. The staff was especially friendly. I was upgraded to a king-suite with a balcony over looking the convention center. My hotel was connected to the food court and was conveniently located in the city. I enjoyed how clean my room was each day. I would say the room was colder than I would have liked it to be, even after turning off the AC, but I have no major complaints. I was able to work on the balcony in between sessions in peace. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is a wonderful hotel to stay in during your Atlanta visit. I was there 2 nights with my daughter and enjoyed every minute of my stay. The staff procured tickets for the aquarium and coca-cola tour for me making everything worry free. The room was beautiful as well as clean and fresh smelling. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family