Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
3,301 results
All reviewsthe club loungejerome smithretractable roofself parkingthird floorbell staffsouthern hospitalitygreat customer serviceindoor poolthe entire staffolympic parkgeorgia aquariumfandanglesshirleyconferencebellmandowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We Hotwired one night in Atlanta as we were returning from our honeymoon, before we drove home to South Florida. I have used Hotwire many times in Atlanta and this time was definitely the most disappointing. We arrived early and the front desk was kind enough to let us check into a room in the morning, so that was good. We expected the rooms to be decent judging from the nice lobby (and the $22 a day self parking...). When we got to our room, I walked in to the bathroom to find the toilet had not been cleaned: there was urine on it and hair. I quickly called to get someone to clean it...and when no one showed up within 10 minutes, I walked down the hall to the cleaning cart. I was given a bottle of bleach and a towel...and went to go clean it myself. That basically made me paranoid about anything in that hotel room for the rest of the time. The bed sheets were not big enough and left a big part of the mattress exposed...which was unpleasant. Furthermore, there were empty water bottles on the floor.

I will definitely think twice next time about Hotwiring a '4 star' hotel in downtown Atlanta, as this experience was less than enjoyable...and quite a disappointing end to our honeymoon.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon B
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Clearly, this is unacceptable and you have my sincere apologies. This is absolutely not indicative of our normal service levels and we take this incident very seriously. We would like to speak with you further to investigate properly and take appropriate action. We have sent you a message with our contact information. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 April 2011

The trip to Atlanta was more than I expected with everyone so friendly and helpful with directions, transportation, planning the days etc. In particular our friend, the concierge in the evening shift was so helpful in checking for Peter Pan tickets etc and the trip was special due to his patience and advise. thank you!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

We think you're talking about Andre, the conceirge. We agree, he's one of the best in the business! Thank you so much for the compliments and we'll make a big deal for him at our next associate appreciation event. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2011

This is an older style hotel and while she is showing her age, really was hard to find fault with the property, and certainly none with the staff.

The hotel is downtown, so if you are coming here for shopping, stay somewhere else. Its one block from PeachTree Center and is surrounded by lots of other branded hotels. By all reports this is the poor cousin, but we really had a good time here.

Room was great. Bed comfortable, desk good for working on, lots of power outlets.

Bathroom is tiny, and I mean tiny. But it works, it was clean. Toiletries were very basic, only just acceptable., but the towels were fine. Water was hot, really hot and plenty of it.

The food was just ok, probably 3 out of 5, plenty of it, but not a lot of imagination, and the room service goes off at midnight so dont come in late. Seems to be no change of menu for breakfast. Fortunately there is Starbucks cafe on the same level so could get some variety.

The bar is actually one of the features of this place., Has a pool table, lots of high tables, low sofas and conversation areas. The hotel was full, really full, but we all found somewhere to meet and have a beer. Service in the bar was prompt and very courteous.

Actually the service in the hotel was excellent, Great customer relations skills from all the staff I came in contact with: Front desk, Concierge, room service, housekeeping, all of them. Congratulations to whoever is managing this. Lots of good southern hospitality.

We had a large event in the hotel as well and it all went very well, nothing went wrong taht wasnt dealt with quickly. Plenty of staff for serving drinks, changing rooms and so on.

Would I stay here if I had been given the choice, probably not, but now having stayed here I would not be worried about staying here again. Good value and convenient to downtown and peachtree. If tahts what you want and you dont want to pay premium for some of the other places nearby, then stay here.

Room Tip: Book early, this place fills quickly
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Aegisint

Really appreciate the comments and compliments on the staff and service, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. From such a well traveled guest, that means a lot. Thanks also for the the nice scores on all the specific categories, we work hard for those 4's and 5's! Safe travels and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Downtown for 3 nights. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. The pool and gym were above average compared to other hotels I've stayed at. Location has good, close to bars and restaurants. The rooms were nice, doors on the bathroom were weird... they did not close all the way or lock. Overall the rooms were nice and good size.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2011

Thanks very much for posting your review. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. The feedback on our bathroom doors is important and appreciated! We'll use it to continue to get better. Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at the Sheraton Atlanta with a group this week and was really impressed with the newly renovated rooms....no details was missed! The service I received from booking the stay through check out and the quality of the food and beverage and accomodations was top notch. If you are heading to Atlanta for business or pleasure I would strongly reccomend staying at the Sheraton Atlanta!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

We really appreciate the kind words and will certainly share them with the team. They love hearing that their hard work is noticed! Hope to see you again soon!