“The most excellent service, facility and overal hotel I stay in in the US”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I have stayed at the Sheaton Atlanta Hotel for the last 4 years while my son attended college in Atlanta. This hotel is superior to any other facility I've visited. The place is asthetically pleasing. The total facility is exceptionally clean and well kept. The rooms are well attended to and upgraded. The most impressionable is ALL of the staff! The front desk staff is exceptional at all times, and the same for the concierge. The have a club room for guests if you pay extra which carries fabulas nibbles and more. The pool is beautiful and the health club is more than sufficient for a hotel stay. The hotel bar and restaurant choices are great! This hotel gets all the stars from me!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2011

Your comments really make us feel great! Thank you for confirming that we've done our jobs well, we will definitely share this review with the entire team. It's nice to know our hard work has paid off and made a difference in your travel life. Best wishes to your son as he finishes college! Hope to see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Atlanta Hotel

Reviewed 11 May 2011

Decent stay at this hotel over graduation weekend for GaTech, friendly staff all throughout hotel,seem eager to help. Hotel seems to be recently renovated in several areas...hallways a little drab, pool and hot tub a little dated (needs to be reglazed!!!), but room nice, mattress not that comfortable, no real doors on closet or bathroom. got a good rate, as long as great hotel deals continue to be online I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank miamimomma72
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Thank you for your review of the hotel, we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the feedback on the bathroom doors and we're currently researching some new door hardware. Thank you for the comment on the bed, although most people love our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper mattresses. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2011

Jim the Bellmen went out of his way to help me when I was in a wreck in front of their hotel. not only was he awesome the day of the accident , but did a lot to get his statement to the insurance company. He could have just left it, but he really went above and beyond.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I have stayed in this hotel before and experienced the same issuse. The end of stay bill comes loaded with extras that I have never had and food bills that do not match receipts. Reception staff are surly and are reluctant to adjust bills. They tried to charge me for parking even though I do not have a car!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Wilbo62

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is certainly not our practice to charge anyone for a service they did not receive. I encourage you to contact us so that we can investigate your specific situation further. Thanks again.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

My hotel stay at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel has been outstanding. The entire staff under hotel manger Mr. Niles Harris in all departments is excellent. The entire staff starting with the valet attendents, the bellmen, the front desk, the telephone operators,the conceigers, the banquet personnels,the housekeepers and the entire food areas that caters to the appetite works to make your stay the ultimate experience. I personnally would stay at the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel on my next return visit to Atlanta,Ga.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

Wow, we love comments like yours! Thanks so much for sharing and I'm really happy that Niles and the team made such a great impression on you. See you soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2011

We Hotwired one night in Atlanta as we were returning from our honeymoon, before we drove home to South Florida. I have used Hotwire many times in Atlanta and this time was definitely the most disappointing. We arrived early and the front desk was kind enough to let us check into a room in the morning, so that was good. We expected the rooms to be decent judging from the nice lobby (and the $22 a day self parking...). When we got to our room, I walked in to the bathroom to find the toilet had not been cleaned: there was urine on it and hair. I quickly called to get someone to clean it...and when no one showed up within 10 minutes, I walked down the hall to the cleaning cart. I was given a bottle of bleach and a towel...and went to go clean it myself. That basically made me paranoid about anything in that hotel room for the rest of the time. The bed sheets were not big enough and left a big part of the mattress exposed...which was unpleasant. Furthermore, there were empty water bottles on the floor.

I will definitely think twice next time about Hotwiring a '4 star' hotel in downtown Atlanta, as this experience was less than enjoyable...and quite a disappointing end to our honeymoon.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon B
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Clearly, this is unacceptable and you have my sincere apologies. This is absolutely not indicative of our normal service levels and we take this incident very seriously. We would like to speak with you further to investigate properly and take appropriate action. We have sent you a message with our contact information. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 April 2011

The trip to Atlanta was more than I expected with everyone so friendly and helpful with directions, transportation, planning the days etc. In particular our friend, the concierge in the evening shift was so helpful in checking for Peter Pan tickets etc and the trip was special due to his patience and advise. thank you!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2011

We think you're talking about Andre, the conceirge. We agree, he's one of the best in the business! Thank you so much for the compliments and we'll make a big deal for him at our next associate appreciation event. Hope to see you again soon!