“Great renovation turned this Sheraton into a great downtown hotel!”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #45 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Indeed the staff does a fantastic job, including Ahsley at the restaurant. I was attending a meeting at the convention center and the 10 minute walk was "my time outside".
My only negative comment is about the breakfast either buffet or a la carte: not really a lot of tasty choices.
Very convenient hotel to stay for conventions at the World Congress Center.

Room Tip: May chose a high level room to minimize noise from the street.
1  Thank Axel8807
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thanks for staying with us and for the great review! We're surprised that you didn't like the menu choices for breakfast, most people love the buffet with the omelet station or the extensive menu items. Hope to see you back again soon and safe travels!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I cannot say enough about the staff at Sheraton. I have never received the welcome and accommodating attitude I experienced by all.

Fandangles in particular served not only great food and drinks but a welcome that made me feel at home.

Karim Sharif, Manager of Fandangles, should be recognized as the outstanding and kind host that he is.

Tony Brown was hilarious! Very entertaining man.

Chaiwat Chotiwat, bartender, was a kind and genuine man.
I highly recommend making Fandangles part of your Atlanta experience

Room Tip: We had a poolside room which was convenient for evening swims!
1  Thank Diane R
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

We are honored by your kind words about Fandangles. Tony and Karim are both outstanding members of the team, thank you for recognizing them! We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you back again soon. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

First I have to comment on the friendliness of the hotel staff. Everyone there was so cheerful and helpful. We stayed at this hotel for a convention and were fortunate to obtain a group rate. The hotel was clean. It was in a good location and we were able to get around the city easily. The bathroom is small and a bit difficult to move around. We were given a treat compliments of the hotel our first night which was a thoughtful touch to their service. We had the continental breakfast on our plan which was sufficient to start the day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Atlanta.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annabelle1116

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated! Thanks very much for choosing the Sheraton Atlanta and for writing a lovely review! Hope to see you back again soon and until then, safe travels!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Atlanta for a week in November and was nothing short of ASTOUNDED at the friendliness,helpfulness, attentiveness and care of the entire Sheraton staff! Literally everywhere I turned, from the restaurants & kitchen to the mail room, I continually encountered staff who genuinely liked their work, each other, and were eager to please ME! Ashley, Kerry Ann and Chester stood out amongst the banquet & serve staff with Curtis efficiently and calmly supervising every detail seemingly to perfection. The front desk was courteous, polite, and helpful. Bell hops went the extra mile, Troy even bringing an ice bucket and strawberries up to my room when he learned that my husband was on his way for the bottle of champagne I had brought along. Jarrett in the mail room was more than helpful, and always smiling! Honestly, we left the hotel after a week in tears, only because I knew I was going to miss this fantastic crew and hope very much to return again!

1  Thank Maureen D

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Atlanta! We are thrilled you enjoyed our service so much and we'd love to have you come back! You picked out some great team members and we will certainly be thanking them for taking care of you during your week with us. See you soon and safe travels!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The staff at this hotel, and that includes everyone, actually seem to care about the guests. I was constantly asked how I was, if I needed anything, did I need help, etc. The people in the restaurant, Crystal the hostess and Morgan, our server, were really wonderful. The women who cleaned the rooms on the 7th floor in the South Tower, were also great. I don't know how they do staff training at this hotel but they do a really good job.

The restaurant has a nice menu for those who are vegetarian and those who must eat gluten free. My only two recommendations are that there be one or two more menu options that are both vegetarian and gluten free and that they serve gluten-free beer, even one would be great.

I hope to be back, thanks for a great visit.

Room Tip: Nice sunny rooms on the seventh floor, south tower.
1  Thank Jake2323

Thanks very much for the great review! We appreciate your suggestions too. In Fandangles restaurant, we have a very extensive gluten free and vegetarian menu so please check that out next time you're in town. Great idea on the gluten free beer! Hope to see you back soon and safe travels!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was met at the check in desk by a neatly and we'll dressed smiling Khalid Ikar who clearly enjoys and is good at his job. He was courteous, interested in my experience and willing to go to exceptional lengths to make sure my stay was perfect. Multiple questions as to my room and bed preferences, meetings, schedules and needs we're asked quickly, professionally and with a smile. He verified the address on my Starwood account, saw it was out of date and immediately corrected it to make sure I received my points and build loyalty. I was only supposed to stay for one night and based on my experience with Khalid, Dominique and for that matter all the staff I encountered I have extended my stay.

1  Thank Strategical

We greatly appreciate your business and the kind words on the staff and service. Khalid is an awesome guy to have greeting our guests and we're thrilled he took great care of you! Come back soon and safe travels!

A TripAdvisor Member
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! I can't say enough about the attentive staff. From the management to the housekeeping staff, everyone was warm and welcoming. The restaurant staff made all efforts to meet my requests. The IT person (Tom) spent 2 hours with me helping me find out why my internet on my computer quit working (not hotel connectivity). Andre spent time getting to know several of us. Judette was great and made sure I had a late checkout the last day of the conference.
WONDERFUL!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank YOU for choosing to stay with us! We love reading your review as we can hear the happiness in your words! Love to have you back soon so come back any time! Safe Travels!