“Great location, clean rooms”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #35 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Great location, clean rooms”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

It is classical Sheraton hotel. Great and clean rooms, really good location.
I did not like the fact that there was no free internet in the room and on the floors where it was avaliable, it was really slow.

The location is really good. It is just a few minutes walking away from the main street and the CNN and Coca Cola headquarters.

The staff was really nice. They called us a taxi to the airport and after the check out they keept our luggage and they made it look like they were really just waiting to make me happy.

• Stayed September 2013
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
We're thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and your trip to Atlanta! Come back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate my birthday weekend at this hotel. The customer service was outstanding thru out all departments in which we had a chance to interact. The food was delicious. The special welcome from the hotel manager was a great personal touch. We've decided to come back to celebrate again next year! I would give it a higher rating if that option was available.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Your review puts a big smile on our faces! Many thanks for such kind words on the hotel and the staff. Please come back again soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Between the valet, front desk, and restaurant the service is the worst I have ever seen. My wife and I spent over $500 in two days with a terrible experience. Horrible food, one bartender for 35 guests serving food as well as drinks, valet pin am ego kick with his whistle. Save your money and go somewhere else!

• Stayed December 2013
Clarksburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I was very pleased with the service provided by this hotel. As an event planner I would hightly recommend the Sheraton Atlanta to anyone planning an event. The staff was absolutely AMAZING! They exceded our expectations and assured our event ran smoothly. Their professionalism, dedication, and attention to detail truly contributed to the success of our meetings. Great property!

Room Tip: I highly recommend the corner Kings. They are quite sunny, with quite a bit of room, and seem to be...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
We are truly honored by your kind words on the hotel and our staff. The entire team enjoyed hosting your program and your attendees and we truly look forward to having you all back again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

First time at this location in Atlanta and trust me this is the only location for me in the future while in Atlanta. The hotel staff are the most friendly staff I have encountered staying at SPG properties. Alexis deserves a shout out just for her friendly personality and concern each guest she assisted during the check in process. She provided a very bright and uplifting experience during my check in. Please clone her so that every guest world wcan have the pleasure of meeting her.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cabledog252
Thanks for staying with us and for the kind review! We'll be giving Alexis a pat on the back for taking such great care of you! Come back soon!
DENVER
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Yet another nicely renovated older property. SPG seems to have stepped up with these hotels because as few as five years ago I had a much different impression of Sheraton. Being Platinum, I was upgraded to a suite which was cool. I was even greeted by the manager on duty which has never happened. The room had a "roll in" shower which was fine actually kind of amusing since the shower is basically just the bathroom floor. There was a super yummy banana bread sort of thing waiting for me. I actually inquired as to whether I could buy them but they weren't for sale.

The staff from the front desk to the concierge to the valet were very friendly.

Two negatives would be that the restaurant was closed when I tried to get lunch at 2 pm on Saturday and there was some kind of construction going on on the floor above me.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank brentholio
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thanks very much for staying with us and for the review as well. It's great that you're giving Sheraton another try, especially as a Platinum SPG. We're honored that such a well traveled guests thinks highly of the Sheraton Atlanta. Hope to see you back again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I visited this hotel on the 29th November for a few days. I expected more from this hotel. Maybe because I have stayed at better hotels like the Westin and Marriott by Marquis. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and tidy. The bathroom could have been better. A bit basic.

Room Tip: The higher you are you get a better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Barberella13
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thanks very much for staying with us. We're disappointed you didn't enjoy your visit more. We appreciate the kind words on the staff and our cleanliness. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay better, please let us know. Safe Travels