“An efficient and well run convention hotel”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #47 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This downtown property provides a highly satisfying experience for convention visitors. The hotel despite its large size is able to offer warm and personalized services to guests. It is well located in the main business district centre of Atlanta and is well worth the experience.

Room Tip: The Executive Club rooms, particularly the suites are very spacious and well appointed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Great comments! We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Come back soon and enjoy Atlanta again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,208)

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Booked three rooms on priceline for one night at a really good price. Check in service was super slow. I was waiting for luggage to be delivered from the airport and I asked the front desk two times to notify me when it arrived which they never did... No free parking, Wi-Fi or breakfast with our rooms. If we would have paid the normal room rate it would not have been worth the money. Room was spacious and clean but by 3 am we were listening to two drunk guys fight in the hallway... Doesn't make for the best nights sleep!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I booked the hotel through priceline. The hotel itself was a great location and great price, but I had to pay 22 bucks per day to park my vehicle, there was no free wi-fi, i could go to use their computer for 45 min for free?? no perks on breakfast, they charged 14.50 for a continental breakfast buffet? 18.50 for a breakfast buffet and when I went to check it out it was closed? I got a great price on my room and it was nice but real small. If you dont have a car and dont need to eat or need wi-fi in your room its a great place, the service was excellent!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your comments. As you may know, most hotels in major cities charge for parking due to the large expense of owning or leasing land to accommodate hundreds of vehicles. Our pricing is very competitive, and actually lower than the other full service hotels in downtown Atlanta. The same goes for our menu pricing. We do have the Deli available for our more cost-conscious travelers, which offers lighter fare. We wish you the best of luck in your future travels.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing and our server, Morgan, was top notch. He's very attentive and made wonderful suggestions for dinner. The food prices were reasonable. Food portions were generous. Fandangles has a cozy, modern atmosphere. It was nice to dine in the hotel rather than venture out in the cold.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your business and for your kind words! We love Morgan too! Come back again soon!

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel needs some remodeling but it was an overall nice experience. The rooms could have been a little cleaner but that's coming from a germ-a-phobe. The pool area was the best part of the hotel. Absolutely beautiful. The staff was very nice and helpful except for a few members of the valet. I would recommend this hotel for a quick stay especially if you are on a budget!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks very much for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you'll be back with us soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I am not sure what went wrong - but my experience is not matched by the positive reviews.

First of all, the hotel is badly signed and though it is in a one way system, it is not that easy to turn in.

The hotel itself is in need of renovation/updating - and the staff definitely needs some customer awareness training.

My room was so noisy despite being on a far end of the corridor that I might as well have stayed up at night. The service lift for the cleaning staff was nearby and a permanent magnet for chitter chatter and trolley banging.

At the originally quoted room rate the experience maybe satisfactory, but by the times i had paid for all the extras that one needs to pay for the "luxury" of staying at sheraton (parking/Wifi) i could easily stay more comfortable and convenient.

The pool is partly a building site and the hall ways are long and badly signed.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The physical facilities and the location of the Sheraton Atlanta are just average. But I rate the hotel above average because of the uniformly friendly and helpful staff. At check-in I was offered a late checkout without needing to ask. (I’m entitled to late checkout per the Starwood Preferred Guest program, but it’s seldom offered up front, and at many properties getting to “yes” is like pulling teeth.) Throughout my stay, I was greeted warmly by every employee I encountered. (If you had asked me in advance, I wouldn’t have said that this was something that mattered to me, but somehow it really contributed to the stay.)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo