“Great location, room and price but not all so great”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #47 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is a really nice hotel and we got a great deal for a room (without breakfast); if I would have to summarize my recommendation in one sentence I would say it is worth to stay in. Nevertheless, there are 2 things which I did not like here: (1) You have free covered parking as part of your stay but the ‘walkway’ from the hotel to the parking lot is very dangerous (in my opinion). It is very narrow (the width of a large suitcase) and cars are driving right next to you. I personally saw 2 different people slip there while I was walking to the car (it was a rainy day). I appreciate the fact that I get free parking in the middle of the downtown but I’m sure there is a better way to safely transferee your lodgers to the lobby (especially when they carrying luggage and/or small children), and (2) The man’s restroom in the lobby has no changing table for dippers (only the woman’s has one). I don’t think this is acceptable in the 21th century, especially in a well-known international chain. I have asked the employs in the lobby where can I find a changing table and they said ‘maybe in the 3ed floor’ (i.e. they were not even sure). Only the next I found out that there are another pair of restrooms in the lobby floor (closer to the garage) where the man’s room had a changing table – but apparently the hotel concierge did not know about it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the recommendations as well. Just so you know for the future, there is also another parking lot available if you aren't comfortable with the walkway to the parking deck. We'll take a sharp look at the changing tables that are available as well. We are certainly family-friendly so that makes perfect sense. We appreciate the feedback! Hope to have you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,262)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Staff was very nice. Still here on our last night. We could walk to Hard Rock Cafe but having car for other sight seeing was great. We are staying on 4th floor parking lot view but not obstructed.

The main reason we picked this hotel was for indoor pool. Looks tropical with lights and atrium that opens up in summer to become outdoor pool. Large pool with big hot tub. Too bad first night neither worked! Both freezing cold. Another crazed mom sat in full winter gear boots and coat while our kids tried to force themselves to get in. My kids will swim at any temperature but not this time! Hot tub was cold too! Not Sheraton quality! We complained and apparently no one was aware? Took two more days for pool to be reasonably warm. Today finally good. 3 out of 6 days pool temps disappointed.

Staff polite we were given discount parking and free wifi as well as a mini fridge.

• Stayed: January 2014
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thanks so much for staying with us and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We did have a failure with the pool heater during your stay and we sincerely apologize that it affect you and your family. The heater was fixed as quickly as the parts could arrive, but we know that doesn't help much when your kids want to swim. We appreciate your patience very much and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

When my husband and I first pulled up to the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel we were a little freaked out. It was the week of Christmas and the hotel was completely packed with what looked like a really wild party.

As we pulled into the garage dogging person after person it became clear that there was some sort of event being held in the hotel. We finally found a spot at the very top of the parking garage and made our way to the lobby for check in.

There were tons of people everywhere. It was a huge event called "Old School" that happens at the hotel every month. So word to the wise, if you're looking for a low key stay ask ahead if that event is taking place. If you're not put out by crowds of polite party goers then book it!

The staff at the Sheraton made the difference in the stay completely! If it had not been for Khalid Ikar I doubt we would have been satisfied with our stay. We didn't think to see what parking would cost and it was a shockingly exorbitant $22 a night! However Khalid made sure we paid no more than $10 a night which completely saved us.

For whatever reason, Khalid also gave us the code for free wifi. The rooms were clean, inviting and comfortable. TIP: turn down daily cleaning service to get a $5 voucher to use in the cafe. We stayed 3 nights so it payed off. I don't know why Khalid was so good to us but he ruled and his service made me LOVE my stay at the Sheraton!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brianna L

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Sound like Khalid took great care of you! Come back again soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We have been totally wowed by our experiences here... We have stayed here a few times and from the first to the current we have been totally spoiled rotten.On our first visit to this property We called at 1 am on Christmas Eve to see if there was anything available for that minute becase our room at another property was not ready yet and we had decided that we were going to start our Christmas early the guy at the desk was awesomely accommodating and gave a stupidly cheap rate and he asked if we were checking out at 12 we said we were and we were on our way there... When we got there we were met in the lobby by Brady the manager and the level of service went up again we were given a suite and he switched stuff around so we could stay late he took us on a tour of the property and treated us like rock stars and really rolled out the carpet for us. He gave us club access and was so nice. The room was very clean, bathroom was awesome and the beds were like pillows it was jut that comfy. Went to dinner at fandangles that was an awesome experience too the food is awesome it will make you want to bite somebody if they try to take it from you... When we went to check out we were met by Fairuza and we went ahead and made a reservation for New Years Eve she gotta set up on the club level in a corner room and she was totally awesome! She seemed genuinely happy to be there and to be of service.... We decided a couple of times between Christmas Eve and New Years Eve to stay again.. We met another manager. Sean was really cool loved it!!! Impeccable service. Had snacks on the club level and Donnelly Ferguson made our night by sending us up a mousse from the restaurant..... Other than a few very minor things we have received 5 diamond service and we will be returning repeatedly.... This is a new home away from home! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a kind and detailed recap of your stay! Our entire team is here every day to take excellent care of our guests so it's always nice to hear when people love staying with us! Hope to see you back again very soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have been a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) for over ten years. I continually look forward to my stay at any Sheraton. I am always welcomed with great hospitality and I've rarely been disappointed with my stay. This stay was no different! All staff was warm and inviting. The room was very clean and scenic! The king sized bed was like sleeping on the most supportive cloud ever made. There was only one thing keeping it from a five/excellent rating from me: The parking deck is across the street (not a concern if you valet park) and can be troublesome to maneuver and park large vehicles like the truck that I was driving. But all in all a great stay thanks to Khalid Ikar at the front desk. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: I liked the view from the South Tower. Join the Starwood Preffered Guest Program! It's FREE (Com...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being a member and for choosing the Sheraton Atlanta amongst your Starwood stays! Just a quick heads up, we do have parking for oversized vehicles so please let the front drive attendants know that's what you need whenever you come back (hopefully soon!). All the best.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here end of December. From the minute we stepped in the service was good, staff inside and out were all very helpful.

We stayed in a room on the 7th floor which was spacious and comfortable. Internet worked very well throughout the hotel. It all felt very spacious, clean, and comfortable. Bed very comfortable and couldn't hear much during the night.

There were clearly a lot of people staying at the hotel during the same weekend we were, but it never felt overcrowded. This Sheraton doesn't have the small touches of a luxury hotel but all in all, excellent value for money and a really pleasant stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us and for writing such a kind review! We're honored that you enjoyed your stay so much! Please come back again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton during my weekend visit to Atlanta. Overall I thought the upkeep of the hotel was nice. The decor was nice, the furniture in the room was well maintained and most importantly the room and bathroom were clean. The hotel is in walking distance of many restaurants, bars, CNN, Olympic park, the aquarium and the world of Coke. That's about where the good ends.....

The room rate was fair for being downtown but they make up for it by charging you for everything and having overpriced onsite restaurants. If you stay there do not arrive during peak check in time. I arrived around 4pm on a Saturday and their entrance circle was a mess with valet and people trying to park while they check in. Check in process was probably the slowest experience I have ever had and they had 4 people working the desk. It took almost 20 minutes to check in. Later during my stay I went down to get change from the front desk and waited in line for almost 10 minutes before being help and there were only a couple people in the lobby. I stayed in the South tower so I had a view of a Budget rental car revolving sign that was lit up at night and a construction site, so I would recommend a room in the North tower, I doubt the view from that tower can't be any worse.

They charge $22 if you want to self park in the garage next to the hotel and $29 for valet parking. They will also charge you $15.95 a day if you want to use the internet in your room. However they have free wifi in the lobby and in their work center. I found the prices for the restaurants to be highly inflated and with many good places in walking distance you are better off eating off site. There are multiple steakhouses, Italian, Brazilian, Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters, a 24 hour dinner all within walking distance. There is even a good Gyro/Wings place right across the street - they have very good wings. I would also recommend the 24 hour diner for breakfast. The only thing they don't really over charge for is for a bottle of Coke in the vending machine - only $2 which is probably the best deal there. I was kind of surprised I wasn't given a water bill for the showers I took. Even though the bed was comfortable the pillows were horrible. Most places will give you a variety but here you get all the same and they are like sleeping on rocks.

When I visit Atlanta in the future I will be selecting a different hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the North tower
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

We very much appreciate your business and your review of the hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and understand your concern on the pricing of our amenities. You'll find our pricing to be competitive (and actually lower in most cases) with other full service hotels in any major city. For example, our parking has the lowest cost of any of our downtown competitors. We're glad you enjoyed the restaurants in downtown! We agree with you on the Gyro place and eat there ourselves fairly often! It's nice to get out and enjoy our city! Hope to have you back again soon and safe travels.