“Amazing staff, so welcoming!”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #45 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

This property has the most amazing staff. From the moment you arrive until you depart, the staff anticipates your needs and accommodates your requests. The bell stand with Aaron and Jerome, the concierge staff with ms Shirley and Kerry are the best of the best! I want to say how they all treat me as family, but the reality is that they treat me better than my own family. Each of these people are so very kind, each cares, and each I will miss until I return again in July! Stay at this property it is the best Atlanta has to offer!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thanks for staying with us! Glad you had such a great time during Market! Looking forward to seeing you again in July.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Through an online discounter, I got a night's stay for less than half the rack rate. My room was attractive and comfortable except for the airflow from the duct near my bed. The bed had a great mattress but no standard blanket to replace the too-warm duvet. The bathroom was disproportionately small but still agreeable. At $16/night, I didn't bother with the room's wi-fi but did opt for self-parking, which was quite a hike away and $20/night. The staff was exceptionally welcoming and helpful. Even without any extras, I think we got a great value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for your business!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We absolutely love our experience here. The staff is amazing. Paul Martin is especially amazing himself. An exceptional employee and person, he goes above and beyond to make the customers feel welcome and special. Even when he has more than one guest to take care of he very efficiently handles the situation! Give this man a raise, he is one of the reasons we recommend this hotel and plan on coming back! Thank You :)

-Ellis and Rachel Freeman

Room Tip: Top floor is amazing!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for always staying with us! We're honored to have you. Paul is such a great guy, we love having him on our team. He brightens up the lobby whenever he's on duty! Hope to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I never expect too much from Sheraton Hotels. I think they have done revolutionary things to the hotel industry, but never excelled in service or design. The Sheraton Atlanta hotel is proof of that. It might have been a wonderful hotel 20 years ago, but it is not the same now. It craves for remodelation, and although the big rooms are a plus, they are rather dull.
First of all, once you enter the reception, with tiled floors and many plants, you realize that this hotel has its time. Hell, from the outside you know this hotel is veteran on the area. Veteran is not always good, not in this case.
Let's talk about the pool are also. Boring, small and underwhelming. I love the gigantic pools of chain hotels, but as the place itself, time beat up this area badly, and is also in need of remodelation.
The rooms, as said, are BIG. The beds are comfourtable, and a nice flat screen TV is with you in the stay, but they are dull, with beige and brown colours, and they are not as exciting as other remodeled hotels.
Finally, the staff was helpful, but as other Sheraton hotels, they just want to grab more money, so they charge for many basic things. First of all, I hate that hotels give you the option to pay for WiFi. In most restaurants, WiFi is free, they charge for less and I eat some pretty tasty food. In an oldie hotel I want my WiFi free, otherwise, I feel like I my 180$ rate is not real, that there are lots of things to pay after that. And also, pricey restaurant. Have that in mind.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate your stay with us. We are disappointed you didn't enjoy it more. To clarify, the hotel was completely renovated in 2010, including every guest room, and we continue to spend millions of dollars each year on whatever needs refreshing. You'll find our pricing on parking and internet access to be competitive (and mostly cheaper) then any full service hotel brand in the city. We know not everyone is going to enjoy our updated décor, but we're confused as to how our 17,000 sq ft Garden Courtyard pool is small and boring. We think it's an incredible area, full of live trees and plants with the fully retractable roof. Most of our guests think it's a highlight of the hotel. We wish you the best of luck with your future travels and appreciate you giving us a shot.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is a really nice hotel and we got a great deal for a room (without breakfast); if I would have to summarize my recommendation in one sentence I would say it is worth to stay in. Nevertheless, there are 2 things which I did not like here: (1) You have free covered parking as part of your stay but the ‘walkway’ from the hotel to the parking lot is very dangerous (in my opinion). It is very narrow (the width of a large suitcase) and cars are driving right next to you. I personally saw 2 different people slip there while I was walking to the car (it was a rainy day). I appreciate the fact that I get free parking in the middle of the downtown but I’m sure there is a better way to safely transferee your lodgers to the lobby (especially when they carrying luggage and/or small children), and (2) The man’s restroom in the lobby has no changing table for dippers (only the woman’s has one). I don’t think this is acceptable in the 21th century, especially in a well-known international chain. I have asked the employs in the lobby where can I find a changing table and they said ‘maybe in the 3ed floor’ (i.e. they were not even sure). Only the next I found out that there are another pair of restrooms in the lobby floor (closer to the garage) where the man’s room had a changing table – but apparently the hotel concierge did not know about it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for the recommendations as well. Just so you know for the future, there is also another parking lot available if you aren't comfortable with the walkway to the parking deck. We'll take a sharp look at the changing tables that are available as well. We are certainly family-friendly so that makes perfect sense. We appreciate the feedback! Hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Staff was very nice. Still here on our last night. We could walk to Hard Rock Cafe but having car for other sight seeing was great. We are staying on 4th floor parking lot view but not obstructed.

The main reason we picked this hotel was for indoor pool. Looks tropical with lights and atrium that opens up in summer to become outdoor pool. Large pool with big hot tub. Too bad first night neither worked! Both freezing cold. Another crazed mom sat in full winter gear boots and coat while our kids tried to force themselves to get in. My kids will swim at any temperature but not this time! Hot tub was cold too! Not Sheraton quality! We complained and apparently no one was aware? Took two more days for pool to be reasonably warm. Today finally good. 3 out of 6 days pool temps disappointed.

Staff polite we were given discount parking and free wifi as well as a mini fridge.

• Stayed: January 2014
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thanks so much for staying with us and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We did have a failure with the pool heater during your stay and we sincerely apologize that it affect you and your family. The heater was fixed as quickly as the parts could arrive, but we know that doesn't help much when your kids want to swim. We appreciate your patience very much and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

When my husband and I first pulled up to the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel we were a little freaked out. It was the week of Christmas and the hotel was completely packed with what looked like a really wild party.

As we pulled into the garage dogging person after person it became clear that there was some sort of event being held in the hotel. We finally found a spot at the very top of the parking garage and made our way to the lobby for check in.

There were tons of people everywhere. It was a huge event called "Old School" that happens at the hotel every month. So word to the wise, if you're looking for a low key stay ask ahead if that event is taking place. If you're not put out by crowds of polite party goers then book it!

The staff at the Sheraton made the difference in the stay completely! If it had not been for Khalid Ikar I doubt we would have been satisfied with our stay. We didn't think to see what parking would cost and it was a shockingly exorbitant $22 a night! However Khalid made sure we paid no more than $10 a night which completely saved us.

For whatever reason, Khalid also gave us the code for free wifi. The rooms were clean, inviting and comfortable. TIP: turn down daily cleaning service to get a $5 voucher to use in the cafe. We stayed 3 nights so it payed off. I don't know why Khalid was so good to us but he ruled and his service made me LOVE my stay at the Sheraton!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brianna L

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Sound like Khalid took great care of you! Come back again soon.