“Busy time for the weary business traveler”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #43 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed over a week at that Sheraton. The room was spacious and nice. A mini fridge was available, and I appreciated that water bottle was continually stocked.

I had Club Access for the morning continental breakfast. The continental breakfas was ok, however I was disappointed in the evening selections of hor d'oevres. There were times I just wanted a little lighter fare.

I did take advantage of the "Green Choice". They provided with me with vouchers with I did use.

My complaints: there was a function at the hotel on a Saturday night. The parties continued after the ballroom closed, and many people were yelliing down hallways. Luckily, the party revelers on my floor partied early, and I didn't hear them for the rest of the night. My co-worker was not so lucky, and she called the front desk. Also, another co-worker became ill during her time there, and had called guest service 3x for more water, toiletries, and some crackers. No one came to drop off those items. I called to complain that this had not been done...and ten minutes later she got her items. That was disappointing.

Otherwise, it's a nice, clean hotel. I will say that the bell staff was really great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thanks very much for staying with us and for your remarks as well. We're always disappointed when other guests don't adhere to our quiet hours on guest room floors. Please accept our apologies that your traveling companions experiences other rude guests. We are always happy to quiet anyone that is making too much noise. Hope to have you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Atlanta Hotel

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Did not stay in hotel. Was here for conference. Staff was very accommodating, especially Paul Martin. Very friendly people. They seemed genuinely happy to serve us. Thanks for the time spent. Hope you will enjoy this extra writing to mKe this fit the 200 word minimum. You will like this hotel very much has good coffee too. Sorry long enough yet the chairs are very comfortable in the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thanks for the review and for mentioning Paul! He is one of the best. Next time, please stay with us!

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms were spacious (shared with 3 others). Staff was very helpful and gracious. Subway within walking distance. Restaurants on site were good. I especially liked the coffee bar/deli. Ate many meals from there and food was great!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for the kind words! We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Staff (primarily Maintenance Man Nathaniel Garland) made this a very pleasant stay. Upon determining that our Heat/Air motor need to be removed, Mr Garland moved us to the adjacent room and provided us complimentary access to the Sheraton Lounge, with continental breakfast, hor dourves, etc. Mr Garland was very customer service oriented and a pleasure to deal with.

Our room was on the 2nd floor, adjacent to the pool and accessible to self-parking. It contained a small fridge, single cup coffee maker, and flat screen TV. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. There are many restaurants within a few blocks and a small indoor mall with food court near the Hard Rock Cafe (2 blocks). Our stay was good overall.

My desires for this hotel would be better TV channel selections and free wifi.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor rooms (NOT in South Tower) provide convenient access to self parking.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

We are thrilled that Mr. Garland took great care of you. Please accept our sincere apologies that we had an HVAC issue in your room, but we're happy that you were well taken care of for the trouble. We would love to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The main thing this hotel has going for it is the downtown area. It is centrally located to everything but needs an update - now! The prices they charge are unbelieveable for the rooms when compared with other hotels within a several block area that are much nicer for the money spent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us. You'll find our pricing very competitive to the other full service hotels in downtown Atlanta. Our team works hard to ensure great quality and excellent customer service. All the best.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I had an ok stay but some shoes got moved out of my case (or taken??) and I didn't realise until I had already left. I contacted them to post them to me if they had found them and they sent me round in email circles for over a month and it felt like they were stalling me. Then one month later somebody from the many people I had contacted in the hotel group finally admitted that they had found the shoes but they only kept them for one month and they had now been disposed of. I contacted them 2 days after my stay and it took them a month to check what happened. It was very suspicious because I remember packing them and they were brand new Nike trainers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MCJSOS
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I'm staying here attending an Expo show at the World Congress Center and it is a nice hotel overall. I've stayed at the Omni and Peachtree in the past and this one is right inline with those as well. You can tell it is an older hotel layout and the rooms have been renovated over the years. It has a great pool area, bar/restaurant, and plenty of meeting rooms as well as all the things you would expect from an upper scale hotel chain. Free Starbucks coffee packs in the room to brew your own coffee, but $2.00 bottle water which isn't bad, but you are tempted to use it to brew the coffee. Beds are comfortable and room was nice and clean. The bathroom was really small though and the shower head in the stall was really low so that was not to comfortable, but manageable. The hotel is within walking distance to numerous places to eat, the Hard Rock and not too bad a walk to the Congress Center if you don't mind walking roughly 6 blocks. The other thing I didn't like is I stayed on the first floor and had to go up a couple small flights of stairs with my heavy suitcases which wasn't fun, but it could have been worse and just wasn't expecting that from this level of a hotel. If I was in the area again I wouldn't mind staying here and the rate wasn't horrible since I booked in advance being a little over $160 a night.
I also stayed here during the snow storm which caused the lockdown of Atlanta Jan 28th, 2014 which was an experience in itself as I would have thought Atlanta would have been better prepared to handle the snow. The roads took longer than they should have to be addressed, but it was fun watching some kids slide down the roads in downtown since there was basically not cars on the road due to the weather. With this experience it is safe to say I will do all I can to avoid Atlanta anytime snow is in the forecast.

Room Tip: Pool is a nice view so if you can request a room pool side that would be a nice upgrade which I beli...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thanks very much for the kind words on the hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us during the snow storm! Hope you had a successful Expo at the Congress Center. Please stay with us again next time you're in town. All the Best.