“Friendly and Helpful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Greenville, South Carolina
“Friendly and Helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was our first stay here, and I would highly recommend it for several reasons. First, the staff, one of the friendliest and most helpful I have come across. We came across a manager within minutes of arriving and were greeted very warmly. Any staff member that we talked with had a smile and if they couldn't help you they quickly directed you to someone that could. Zahari, was especially helpful. Second, our room was wonderful, clean and well laid out. The bathroom was a little small for the size room it was, but it was clean. Next, we did not get a chance to eat at the restaurants on site, but we did use the deli for starbucks coffee, pastries, and fresh fruit. We were there for meetings and the hall that we were in was very nice. Good AC. This hotel is located downtown. We needed a drug store and CVS is just a short walk away at the Peachtree Mall (?). There are also a number of eateries located inside the mall. To get to the mall from the hotel without having to walk up hill, When you are outside the hotel turn right and you will see a covered walkway about seven stories up. The entrance to it is in right inside the parking garage. The elevators are to your left.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear we made your first stay with us memorable! Hopefully, you will come back to stay with us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (683)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Feb. 9th and Feb. 10th departing on the afternoon of Feb. 11th. I have been coming to the Sheraton for the past 3 or 4 years. Both business and leisure. Dining in Fandangles on the evening of Feb. 10th, my wife and I were served by Tony. Tony was my server a few years ago and the first thing I said was, "I know you", Surely it's understandable that he would not remember me but I met him a few years ago, I was very much of his enthusiasm to please his diners. Friendly and knowledgeable about the menu even to somewhat modifiy a dish to please a request. At that time, he suggested I have the hot deep dish pecan pie. It was the right choice. It was the best I ever had and since I was departing that day, I took half of mine home for my wife and told her about this gentlemen server named Tony. It so happens that my name is Tony also. Seeing him on Feb. 10th, I mentioned how a longed for that same pecan pie. He reluctantly said, it is no longer on the menu. However, Tony and his manager, Karim managed to get a slice of pecan pie somewhere to our surpise and served it for our dessert. We were pleasantly surprised and pleased. We certainly did not expect this extraordinary service. Let me say, Tony is a valued employee of the Sheraton. He carries with him the values and delivers the service representing the Sheraton's best interest with a smile and making his guests really feel special and at home. Between business and family, we fly to Atlanta from Raleigh, NC as often as we can and we'll be staying at the Sheraton. Great amenities, location and great staff. Please say "'hello" to Tony and Karim.
Tony A.

Room Tip: Great pool & spa.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
What a great story; thank you for sharing your experience! Tony is one of the best we have and it's great to know he took care of you again! We will be giving him a well-deserved pat on the back! Hope to see you again soon.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was here 3 days for a business conference and thought the hotel was nice enough, very clean, no bad smells and very good food. The hotel is showing some wear, for instance the entry canopy/circus tent has been patched and is discolored, the rooms are a little small and a cracked and loose bathroom tile is all I observed. The hotels biggest and best asset is their staff! Hands down the nicest I have experienced in along time. Everyone was pleasant and willing to help you out and then you have Corey who takes it to the next level, you can see he wants the guests to have a great stay.(great job Corey!) Maybe it is true Southern hospitality, but whatever it is, the rest of the planet needs some it!

Andy K

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks very much for your kind words! We'll be sure to thank Corey for taking such great care of you!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

This is not a 4 star hotel. The rooms are the size of a cracker box,and feels as nothing has been updated since the late 70's. If you make the unfortunate decision to self park for $22 a night then you have a 15 minute walk that includes dragging your luggage back down the same ramps that you drove up. It is not just a hassle but VERY DANGEROUS . I will never stay in another Sheraton anywhere after this experience. There are too many other choices. The hotel being across the street from a homeless shelter was another nice touch. This is the first review I have ever written. Please don't make the same mistake.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tnewma
We sincerely wish you had enjoyed your stay more. Our rooms are standard sized rooms, comparable to any hotel in Atlanta. We offer self parking at a discount for our guest, but also have valet if you would like the convenience of getting out of your car at the front door. We are also always happy to load and unload your luggage at the front door prior to you parking your car in the parking deck. It's a pretty simple. There is not a homeless shelter across the street from the hotel, or anywhere close. Most of our guests love the hotel, our staff and location. We wish you the best of luck with your future travels.
Lexington Park, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay in the last 12 months at this Sheraton location, but not nearly as nice as my 1st stay. I enjoyed the club level room and amenities on my first visit, but was not convinced it was worth the extra $20 per night on this visit. Upon check-in on this visit, there were only rooms available with 2 double beds. I didn't think that was a big deal since I was by myself. I was wrong. First, in today's society, I think a hotel brand like the Sheraton should NOT have any double beds in their rooms - queen or larger only, which is at the top of my list when shopping for hotels when traveling as a family. Secondly, a hotel brand like this should have better quality beds. This bed was not firm, but rather reminded me of an old bed I slept on 30 years ago as a kid - springs that were worn with no support. One side of the bed was worn enough, I guess from other single travelers such as myself always picking the same bed and same spot, that it felt like I was going to roll out. Though a quiet room, I did not rest well in this bed. An employee I had traveling with me, but with a different room with double beds, had the same observations as myself concerning the bed.

I was pleased with the staff and their southern hospitality. The pool looked wonderful, but there was no time on this trip for a dip. The location is not too bad - about a 10 minute walk to Olympic Park, 15-20 minutes to the aquarium and convention center. The immediate neighborhood surrounding the hotel is not the most desirable, especially at night, but I guess being a man with these types of things not bothering me, I did not feel uncomfortable walking at night.

Three stars because of the bed. I will strongly consider club level rooms with future stays.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
We greatly appreciate your return visit, thank for you staying with us again. We're disappointed you didn't enjoy the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed this time around but certainly appreciate the feedback. It's good to know you enjoyed the club level and we do hope you choose it again next time. The team would love to see you back again soon. Safe Travels.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Great food and service.
Corey at the bell stand charged my I-phone after I could not buy one over the weekend.
Monday lunch at the conference was the best collard greens, black eyed peas, fried chicken and catfish.
It was as good as any home cooking I have ever had.

True southern hospitality.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We greatly appreciate your stay and your kind words! Thank you!!
Jefferson, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

From the person meeting us at the front door, vallet, Bell Boy (Corey), forward, everything was great. I do think the prices in the Deli were a bit out of line however! I paid $1.75 for an average sized Twix candy bar that could have been bought for .60 anywhere else. It was not even a large sized! But, the personel were very nice.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for the kind words, and we'll pat Corey on the back for sure! Based on your comments, perhaps you meant to rate us better than a one star? Hope to see you back again soon!