“Some good, and a lot of bad.”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I'll put this as briefly as I can. The front desk staff was fantastic, as was the wait staff in the restaurant. That's the good. The bad - 2 mornings with no hot water at all, a bizarre sliding wooden plank as a bathroom door, no housekeeping even after a request for it and when there was a housekeeper just a few doors down, and horrible communication from the valets when the parking lot entrance was closed due to painting, which twice put us into the middle of a very busy street, sitting and waiting while the unprofessional and uncommunicative valets chatted with people in cars in front of us. The worst part of it all - at this point, I have contacted the hotel three times, asking for a response to the problems we had. I have received no communication at all in return.Stay here at your own peril.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

We appreciate your feedback. Our management staff first tried to contact you via email on April 19th. Since then, our General Manager has reached out to you as well. We do have the Make a Green Choice program, which if you opt into it at check in, awards our guests SPG points or an credit for Food and Beverage in the hotel. If guests opt into the program, they are choosing not to have housekeeping service during their stay. It’s a wonderful program that allows for an environmental win and a win for our guests at the same time. All the best.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Atlanta Hotel

Reviewed 5 May 2014

If you need to know something, ask Andre!!! He is the best, and will not disappoint!! Andre was able to be sure I had the best outing after a long week at a school conference, and took it personally to treat me the way he would would want to be treated! Could not ask for a more kind, conscientious person.
KiKi and Khalid were also able to make some great improvements to my stay at the Sheraton, always willing to help, and make sure you have the best service!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind review! We greatly appreciate you recognizing our individual team members that were able to positively impact your stay. Hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The concierge team here are FABULOUS!!! Andre, Kiki and Jim remember me by my name & welcome me with smiles & hugs. That's how you want to be treated when you walk into an establishment. They are always graciously helping folks with the right places to go and things to do. They go above and beyond.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you recognizing Kiki, Andre, and Jim. They are all strong assets to our team. We are happy to hear your stay was great and enjoyable. Hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

There are good and bad things about this hotel. I will start with the bad and end on the good notes.

If you have allergies to dust/mold, I suggest you stay elsewhere. I stayed at the Sheraton for 5 days and by Day 2, I had to purchase Benadryl at CVS due to my chest tightening up. It wasn't only in the room, but in the conference rooms as well - Especially the "Athens" conference room. I was in there 5 minutes and had to run up to my room for my Benadryl tablets because I couldn't breathe. It felt like the time I was rushed to the ER due to my allergies to cat dander 20 years ago. I have never experienced anything like this in a hotel before in my entire life.

The rooms are mediocre and extremely small considering the price per night. I walked in and was kind of shocked. I stayed on the 11th floor and the hallway reminded me of a motel. It was dark, with dark rugs and cheap lighting. They claim that the rooms had been renovated, but I saw no sign of this. The bed was comfortable, but the side table was made of pressed wood and you could see where water had made it swell. The bathroom was also extremely small with a sliding door that didn't have a lock. Not that I needed it, but that's something to keep in mind. The door just slides shut and it gives a feel of lack of privacy. Please note the picture of the balcony. When I opened my curtains, that's what I saw. A scruffy wall and a dirty plastic cup. The welcoming booklets, menu, and travel guides were kind of piled up next to the TV (which had a big smudge on it that I had to clean off). Again...it just looked motel-ish. The TV was not very responsive. You had to wait a beat for channels to change and there was not on screen menu. I also missed some of my favorite stations. BRAVO for one...but they had CNN, so that made up for it. I think they only had 15 or so stations, so call and see which ones they have if that's important to you.

The GOOD:
The staff is EXCELLENT!!!!!!! Everyone provided superb customer service. I called down for some extra creamer and the gentleman not only brought me creamer, but a variety of sweeteners as well. He saw that I had an empty tray and promptly offered to take it down. All of the room service staff were all extremely courteous, polished, and professional. No complaints at all. The food was great and the prices were very reasonable! I highly recommend the Ginger Soy with Noodles and the flatbread pizza! The waffle fries are great as well. The portion sizes are huge! If you have kids, they have a kids menu, too.

The fitness room is great! They have 5 treadmills with built in TVs that can hook up to your headphones, 5 or 6 ellipticals, exercise bikes, and a great variety of free weights. They also have those large bouncy ball thingys,yoga mats and jump ropes. It's large! They also provide courtesy earbuds that you give back and they sanitize daily. Nice since I forgot mine at home. The exercise equipment is very sturdy.

The location was wonderful for me. I was there for business so I didn't venture out much, but right up the street is a CVS Pharmacy (where I bought my Benadryl) that is open 24 hours. Word of caution, there were a few panhandlers out and about at nighttime, but they were more annoying than anything. I was with my boyfriend who is 6'3" and about 250#, so I felt safe. If i was alone, I would have been more concerned. But wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Like anywhere you have to know your surroundings. The Peachtree Mall is there as well. LOTS of food courts and a few shops (no name brand stores). If you want your nails done you can get them done in there. There are quite a few restaurants up the block as well.Good ones.

The lobby is large! If you don't want to stay in your room, hang out in the room right off the lobby. I didn't go in, but I saw people on couches and it looked comfy.

The snack area on the 3rd floor has a nice variety of sandwiches, pizza, drinks, desserts. The cashiers are super friendly as well. There are tables and chairs that are nicely situated so you can eat or do work on your tablet or laptop.

They have a great "green" program. If you don't select room service you get a $5 coupon good at any of the eateries in the hotel for each day you opt out of room service. But even if you sign up for this (by leaving the specified door hanger on your door), you can still call up for things like extra soap, towels, etc. They just won't do any cleaning.

Would I stay here again? HECK NO! I couldn't breathe! But also because the rooms were not worth the price and they had a cheap feel to it. If rooms aren't all the important to you and you can take your chance with an allergic nightmare, then I highly recommend because everything else was on point.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We truly appreciate your feedback. We are glad to hear our staff was able to accommodate you during your stay as we pride ourselves upon providing quality customer service. In terms of allergies, we are no stranger to the high pollen counts Georgia accumulates during this time of year. We’re sorry you were affected as well, though it should be noted that we certainly don’t have mold in the hotel. In regards to your room, we hope you contacted housekeeping about cleaning your room once you noticed things weren’t up to par. We want your stay to be as comfortable and clean as possible. Thank you for the compliments about our staff. We truly do have an excellent team here. We wish you happy travels.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed three nights while attending a conference at the convention center. Went back there because of a good experience on a previous stay. To a person the staff is friendly and helpful. Niles, the manager, is always visible and eager to assure your comfort during your stay. The room was clean and comfortable. Like so many hotels anymore, the TV and remote setup is frustrating. Convenient to many things including rental car agencies. You can tell it is well managed.
It is getting a little tired however. The awning over the entry has a couple of rips, but if guess there are plans to replace it. Some of the colors and lighting seems a little dated. Doesn't take away from the comfort of staying there, but it could start to detract from the "feel" most people want when they check in. Fandangos, the resturant, could use some improvement. I know it is separate from the hotel, but it still impacts the overall experience.
Bottom line is it is still a hotel I would go back to when in Atlanta.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us overall. To answer your question about replacing the front tent, there are actual plans for an update to the exterior of the hotel soon. Hopefully the next time you stay with us you will be impressed by what you see. We are looking forward to have you back with us!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

High five to all of the employees I encountered at this hotel. Two of the exceptional employees were Paul Martin & Harold. They remembered my name and made me really feel welcomed. The only thing I noticed was some of the floors & rooms are due for new carpeting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the kind reviews and high fives. We will gladly accept those! Paul and Harold are two of our best and we are glad they were able to positively impact your stay! Come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

First I want to say that Sydney Randolf was very helpful when I was walking to my car at 6 am yesterday (Friday May 2nd) morning. I was in heels with luggage and he pulled up in a golf cart and took me all the way to my car. He was very nice and professional. Not to mention saved my feet. I will definitely use the Sheraton again. It is in the perfect place. I really enjoyed the club level as well as the cleanliness of the room. It also stayed clean the entire time. My sheets were changed and everything. I travel a lot and am always in and out of hotels and I was very pleased with my experience!!

Room Tip: Club level of the Sheraton is worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review. We truly appreciate your feedback and sharing your experience with us! Sydney is greatly treasured around here for her customer interactions like the one she had with you. We are happy to hear Sydney was able to make your stay positively remembered.