“Still an OUTSTANDING hotel but it could improve a little” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Atlanta Hotel

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #29 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Columbus, Georgia
“Still an OUTSTANDING hotel but it could improve a little”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The service is still impecable, I said still because I go there often enough to be recognized by the staff. The hotel serves STARBUCKs coffee which is great but they only serve the standard roast and a lot of people like STARBUCKs BLONDE milder roast coffee which no Sheraton I know of serves. It would be really nice to be able to get a cup of blonde coffee at Sheraton. A shuttle from the airport would be nice too.

Getting your car to the valet parking can be difficult at times because the area can get congested and I think the club room at the Sheraton Airport has a slightly better menu. But all in all the Sheraton Atlanta is a great hotel to stay at. Where else can I show up at the Bar asking for toast and eggs which is not on the menu and not only get it but have the server ask me if I wanted bacon or sausage with that. That is terrific service that I've only had at one other hotel, the Westin Dublin.

This is really hotel that puts the word SERVICE into a full service.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper try to avoid rooms overlooking the streets.
Green Features: They are good but they could use recycle containers in the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback to which we will see if we can try and make happen. We thank you for your continued loyalty. It's guest like you to which we owe our success. We look forward to having you back with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed in Sheraton for a week attending business conference in Atlanta. Location of the hotel was excellent for us, walking distance from our conference location, walking distance from Downtown restaurants and places to go out, walking distance from MARTA and close to highway.
Room was spacious with great comfortable bed. Bathroom was a kind of disappointment. It was pretty small and amenities provided were of rather poor quality. Hair shampoo was one of the worst I have ever had. On the other hand, both room and bathroom were very clean and taken care of.
Gym is rather small, and when big conferences taking place with many jetlagged people it gets very busy even at 5 am. Pool is very good. Provides the feeling of being in a resort. Water is salted and of the right temperature.
I only had few breakfasts there and it was ok. I expected wider selection of fruits and was a bit disappointed with no vegetables and salads served for breakfast. Highlight was the Starbucks coffee in the hotel.
Staff was great, especially Marija in the restaurant, who was very helpful and friendly. I thought that was because we come from the same country and she was happy to speak her own language, but my other friends from other countries had nothing but great compliments for her. She was trying to help everyone and accommodate our needs and requests.
One thing that kind of changed my overall good experience was the check out. I decided to make check out night before to avoid long lines in the morning and ended up at the reception for almost an hour. A guy who was checking me out was nothing but useless, and I ended up drawing up people and breakfasts and how to divide the bill. Once I manage to sort that out and had him figure out how to issue proper invoice, express check out next morning was really express.
Overall, I would go back to this Hotel, mostly for its staff, location and gym/pool area.

Green Features: Forgot how they call it, but bottom line is if you do not change towels every day, you get 5 USD off for breakfast for each day
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank LejlaH
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. It pleases us to know our team provided you with a friendly and overall enjoyable experience. We hope to have you back with us!
Warsaw, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The good:
-super location just off the interstate
- fast to airport transfer
-walking distance to very center of town
-short walk to MARTA train
-nice looking pool in patio
-good bar
The not so good:
-Staff a bit unkind - surprising in one of top US cities
-lobby a bit chaotic and not best designed
-paid internet
-lot of "corridor action" around the clock
-delayed luggage handling - suboptimal (they would not even call that luggage arrived)
-nothing in approach that would be a positive surprise
-got ripped off by bell boy - offered "standard price transfer to airport service" which was obviously to his benefit and which of course ended up over 2 Times higher than standard price and only after long negotiations went down a bit.
-price to performance ratio way to high

Generally I would rather recommend to choose different hotel. My general feeling was below ok, the price is high, Staff rather unfriendly (with exceptions) and obvious bell boy scheme :(. There are a lot of much nicer hotels in downtown Atlanta. I will not come back there soon.

Room Tip: please avoid walk through rooms. I had 2xx - with thin walls I was hearing action around all night...
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your review as we appreciate your feedback. The description of our staff is not a common response from most of our guests. We are sorry to hear your experience was below standard. That is not what we want for you. We can only wish you safe future travels.
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

When I discovered that a package was not delivered to a business guest during her stay, Jerome Smith worked hard to see what happened and remedy the problem. He found the package that had not been timely delivered and then had it sent to the guest at her next destination in New York state. The package arrived, the guest was delighted, and the person who mailed it was very pleased with Jerome's excellent service. Thank you!

Rooms
2 Thank Ron B B
Thank you for your review and the praise of Jerome. We find this common practice for Jerome who goes above and beyond as he wants to ensure the best for you. We appreciate you recognizing his service. Glad to know the package was recovered and was delivered to the right guest.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My agency had a training at the Sheraton and we wanted to make sure that our staff's parking was pre-paid and taken care of. Johnny was awesome. He was happy to assist me and he made sure that we had everything we needed. Thanks Johnny for such excellent customer service, it goes a long way.

Thanks,

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear we were able to meet your needs so efficiently. Johnny is a gem and we are glad to have him. It's no surprise he was able to accommodate your parking requests. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!
Rome, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here 4 nights. Great customer service. We experienced no problems. Had 2 rooms 482 and 484 which were clean and cool. Only down side is rooms with higher numbers are a long walk from elevator if you are going to the front desk, but if going to the restaurants or self parking without cover there is a closer elevator. We tried both restaurants - Fandangles & Collage. At Fandangles, order from the menu. We tried the burgers (steak & turkey) with waffles fries or sweet potato fries, which were very good. Collage is a buffet style. I generally do not eat at buffets but I decided to give it a try. I was surprised, it was very good. The area was nice and clean. Food was kept covered.

Room Tip: rooms ending with 20, 30, 40, 50 are closer to the elevator; higher numbers are a long walk away.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay as well as your dining experiences in our restaurants. We hope to have you back with us soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Maybe it's my fault for having a high expectation in the first place. They say this place is 4 stars which is why we chose it but it wasn't even close. Maybe with some work it can be. Valet was easy as was check in, but we were told to go on up to our room to wait for our bags. We stood at that elevator close to 8 minutes just waiting for the thing to finally make it's way to the ground floor. There were over 15 people waiting by the time it arrived and of course not everyone can get in so half had to wait. Then we waited and waited and waited for our bags to arrive. It was later and we had been driving all day and just wanted to relax, which included access to things in our bags like a change of underwear and contact solution. We finally called the front desk to ask about our bags and was again told they would be right up. Which they were not. My boyfriend finally went downstairs himself and started hauling the cart up when someone stopped him and finally assisted him in bring the bags up, which of course took forever because the elevator was SLOW. I will never stay here again...ever. Take your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: 1st floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Matilda212000
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear the wait time to receive your luggage was the downfall of your stay. We will take your feedback and use it to improve. Safe Travels.