“A very good service”

Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Shirley working at the club lounge was the nicest person there. She was so considerate of my needs the moment I stepped into the lounge. She made sure I had everything I needed and would go out of her way to make me feel welcome. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for your review and your kind comments regarding Shirley. She truly makes the Club Lounge experience unique and enjoyable. We are glad to know she is making such positive interactions with guests like yourself. Come back soon to see us and Shirley.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,260)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton on our trip to Atlanta. Our room was clean, but small. The bathroom was tiny with a "pocket door" with no handle. Apparently the guest before us must have complained about the door handle because when we returned from dinner, the door had a handle and we received an apology via voicemail. Additionally, we received banana bread and a written apology.

There was no free WiFi and parking was $22.00 per night. Unfortunately, the hotel is near some sort of safe house, so there were seemingly addicted people out front each day. One even entered the lobby and approached a guest before someone stopped him.

Now for the good part- it is centrally located and we were able to walk to see most sites. Breakfast in the restaurant was pretty good. The housekeepers were efficient and the staff was super friendly.

Not sure if I would stay there again, but it was fine for the below $100 per night price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor and it was really quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. It seems we were able to recover your experience by attending to your needs in your room. We do hope our timely problem solving and customer service will bring you back. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I attend a convention every year (Dragoncon) and stay in this hotel. The service I have received in the Club Lounge has been phenomenal. The employee's name is Shirley and she is excellent. For example, breakfast ends at 10:30 and my daughter was a few minutes late this morning. Shirley provided breakfast items that had already been put away. She is very cheerful and friendly every time we have encountered her. She is the embodiment of excellent customer service.

I also give this hotel very high marks. This year they added a small refrigerator in each room which is much appreciated.

Room Tip: No advice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and your kind remarks about Shirley in the Club Lounge. We are grateful for her providing you and your daughter the breakfast service you deserved. Glad to know you enjoyed the mini-fridges we placed in the rooms this year. Just another way we want to ensure you, our guests, the best. Until next Dragon Con, Safe Travels!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

The pool really wins me over. I wish I was there right now instead of at my work desk writing this review ;)
We've stayed here multiple times and will definitely return. Great service, clean rooms & convenient location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Our pool is one of most cherished amenities. We are glad you were able to enjoy so much of it while you were here and continue to think about it while you're not. Our pool will do that to you. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

The service and ambiance here was great! I've got to start with the pool area because it was so unique. With a retractable roof, you have the option to get some sun if it's out, or if it's raining, you can still enjoy the hot tub. Plus, the pool area makes you feel like you've been transported to another country! It's surrounded by greenery and has a running fountain. Now to the food. We ate at the hotel restaurant, Fandangles, the first night. Hotel food is notoriously bad but it was DELICIOUS. It was so good we went back the very next night! Our servers and the manager was amazing. Hana, Fletcher and Karim made the dining experience so special. The next morning, we went down to breakfast where Dontey took great care of us. Again the food was great! Now to the overall service. The front desk and bell hops were friendly, valet was incredibly helpful and housekeeping was quick and efficient. Our only complaint is that our room was small and the bathroom was VERY small. But all in all, we would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a big bathroom if you're traveling with someone.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
dsenden, Director of Sales at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. From the food to the service, we are thrilled that every aspect of your stay was praise worthy. We appreciate all your feedback and recognition of the team members who added to the experience. Hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Bell Hop and Valet service was excellent! Hadgu Berhanu retrieved my cell phone from my valeted vehicle promptly and with pride. He also parked my vehicle to a near exit for future valet service to retrieve my vehicle very quickly. The hotel room was nice and very worth the fair charged.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your review. Your comments about the valet, which is a department of ours that isn't shown much love, provides us with much needed positive reinforcement. We are happy to know you were given timely and kind service. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Atlanta this past weekend and I can say it was an awesome experience. From the moment we pulled up in front of the hotel until the moment we got back into our car to drive away the staff was attentive and available. One of the first people we met was Jerome Smith, he took our bags to our room and upon hearing one of my roommates attempting to get us a room with a view, he moved in and politely took over. We ended up in a room with an excellent view because of him. The room was very spacious and extremely clean, the beds are very comfortable and the pillows are like sleeping on a cloud. The first night there we at at Fandangles inside the hotel and the service was top notch. Tony was our server and he was the best waiter I have ever had. He was a combination of professional and funny which made the dining experience a pure joy. We had the Perfect Peach Martini, recommended by the Maitre'd and we liked it so much that we had another...and another. We also had the breakfast buffet and pastries from the Deli, all of which were excellent. Jerome was not available when we checked out but the young man they sent up was extremely pleasant. He had a beautiful accent and told me he spoke 5 languages. All of the staff was top notch, which tells me the management is also top notch.

I really don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. I will be staying there the next time I visit Atlanta.

One last thing: The decor is fantastic, from the pictures on the wall to the cups and plates.

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool seemed to stay active because of the activity going on in that area but th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stacy2u

Thank you for your glowing review. We love hearing your experience was top notch from check-in to check-out. We appreciate you sharing the names of the team members that positively impacted your stay. Glad you were able to enjoy our in house restaurant, Fandangles. It is our hidden gem. We very much look forward to having you back with us!