“almost excellent”

Ranked #103 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
chapin, United States
“almost excellent”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

overall a very good stay except maintenance was called for the bathroom, and it took two calls and about 40 minutes to respond. if they were busy with another problem, an update would have been nice. otherwise, a very good stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Hello John Eric R,

Thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time out to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that your room was not serviced in a timely manner and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thaddeus Hobson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
atlanta, United States
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Nice hotel, close to highway, restaurants, shopping. We had a top floor room with a nice view but some sort of irritating noise that sounded like it came from some equipment on the roof. Staff was good, restaurant was OK, standard hotel bar and restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hello James A,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services and location were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel past week. check in check out was a breeze.
we had booked a double bed room and the room we stayed in was clean.
we did have a couple of issues. first of all the microwave was very dirty, the top of it had black stains all over.that put me off and did not even try heating anything in there. but then i realized it was not working as well. I did not bring it to the attention of the front desk, they would have probably replaced it. second the closet doors did not close which was more of an annoyance. third i thought the bathroom was very small.what i did like about the hotel is the location, about 5-6 miles from downtown and is also close to Lenox mall.there is no free breakfast but there is a McDonalds right next to the hotel which is good. One issue i want to bring to
the attention of the hotel management and others reading this is, we got a phone call late at night claiming they were from the front desk telling us there was a computer glitch and they needed our credit card number. when we asked them if we could
resolve it in the morning the caller said we would be evicted in 2 hours if we did not give him our credit card number.worried when we went down to the front desk they informed us that it was not the hotel management but probably a scam.this rattled us quite a bit. i am not sure if they have had similar issues before and how the caller directly got our room number. if they are facing this issue, they should atleast inform the guests so that we are aware and not give out any information.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cincygirl81
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Good Day Cincygirl81,

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you received an alarming phone call and were unable to use your microwave do to cleanliness. You also noted the closet door would not close, I can assure you that this matter has been taken care of and has been shared with the correct departments.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Thaddues Hobson
Columbia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had to book last minute accommodations. Most places wanted almost $200 for non-advanced bookings. The service/staff was wonderfully pleasant. No major issues here. The room was nice and very quiet, the ice maker was broken on my floor but no biggie. I liked the fact that there is a restaurant on the premise. Clean and modern furniture/bathrooms. Would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Hello K W,

You noted that the ice maker was broken and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I am very pleased to see that the majority of our services were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Greenville, United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

It was a mid-week, quick trip to Atlanta and I did not make a reservation in advance, but needed to be relatively close to downtown Atlanta. I also don't like paying those high parking fees in downtown hotels. I was very pleasantly surprised to find the DoubleTree available for a reasonable rate. The turned out to be convenient, very comfortable and easy access to the highway into downtown Atlanta. Did I mention the free parking and yes, the fresh cookie was a nice touch! I will definitely stay there again! The DoubleTree saved my day!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Hello Roy J,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our location as well as services were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Really enjoyed staying here. I've wondered about it for quite some time and finally ended up staying here. We only stayed one night but the hotel was great. Convenient to the hwy. Very clean and updated hotel. The cookies are always a nice treat. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Day dh2013kw,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

US
Reviewed 13 December 2013

They had a "planned" power outage at the hotel on Monday, December 9, 2013. We could not even get keys to our rooms. No communication by the front desk staff as we stood in long lines to check in. Very poor customer service, as well as poor management.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Hello Bisquit13,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the power outage was not properly communicated to you, and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

Thaddeus Hobson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - North Druid Hills
Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory
Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake
Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead
La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!