“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #101 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Gurgaon, India
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Customer Service was extremely poor in this location! The front desk reps cared less and were very unprofessional. The lights and the phone in my room was not working and even after registering a case at the front desk, no action was taken. I am HHonors member and my experience in other DoubleTree locations has been positive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello Srikanth R,

your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that your interaction with my staff was unsatisfactory and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thaddeus Hobson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good location, friendly staff, clean room, free parking and internet. Stay at the hotel helped to make our family vacation wonderful. Breakfast was very good and we enjoyed the hospitality of the staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello 123georgej,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Portland, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2014

we booked two rooms for our family for three nights for my son's graduation. The best part of the trip was the hotel restaurant. The hosts and servers were hospitable, and the food was exceptionally good for hotel food. However--rooms were run down. Nightstand lightswitch malfunctioned first night and light blew out. Shower curtain would not fasten so as to keep water off floor. Overall good, but fixtures need attention. Also our room though booked a year ago, was over a big exterior vent, and noisy. We were tired and still slept ok, but question if this room should be rented with this vent right underneath.

Hello Joy M,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the hotel is in need of an renovation in the rooms as well as fixtures. I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I try to stay at Hilton brand hotels as much as possible when travelling. Specifically, I like the Hampton Inns and Embassy Suites. I have never favored the Double Tree chain within in the Hilton Brand even though it is supposed to be a step up. I've always found them just a little off. However, I've never found one to have a cockroach problem until I stayed at the North Druid Hills location. Our room was not ready when we arrived so we sat in the seating area of the lobby. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something crawling on the titles toward us. I went over to check it out and discovered it was a cockroach. I quickly walked back to where I was sitting and told my travel companion to pick up her stuff off the floor because there was a roach and when there is one there is usually many! As soon as I picked up my bag the cockroach scurried to where it had just been sitting. I was so thankful that I saw it so- as to not take it in the room with me. As I was walking to the front desk to tell them about it, I noticed a second roach crawling along the wall. I told the gentlemen at the desk and he quickly dispatched someone to spray the area and removed them. Unfortunately, I had cancelled my original reservation at the Hampton Inn down the street (where I've never had a problem) to use my points at DT, save some money and "upgrade" to this location. Because I used points and paid in advance it was nonrefundable. So, we went to our room and scoured it to make sure there were no roaches in it. The stay was OK, the front-desk staff was nice, but we could not truly rest peacefully wondering if we would find roaches in our room at some point. We never did see any more roaches thankfully, but we sure did make sure we checked our bags and purses before we left to make sure we didn't take any home with us! I regret using all my points at that hotel.

Hello Ava I,

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy your check in experience. I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Thaddeus Hobson

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Nashville, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

There were leaves in the lobby entry, and they were still there the next morning. There was trash on the floors in the hallways. The person at the front desk was on the phone when we checked in and never smiled or treated us as if he cared. Poor service at breakfast, bland food, and overpriced. No shampoo in the room, and took 20 minutes to get some. By then I had borrowed some in order to get ready.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hello Al C,

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy your overall experience from initial arrival to final departure. You noted there were leaves in the lobby, trash in the hallway, and breakfast was not up to par. I can assure you that this matter has been taken care of and has been shared with the correct departments.

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is our experience in Doubletree Hotel in Atlanta (2061 N. Druid Hills, Atlanta). It was one of the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Not even considering the accident mentioned below, the amenities and service was really poor. Particularly the staff was rude and inconsiderate.

We stayed in this hotel on May 2 and 3, 2014. On the first night of our stay, my wife got up around 2 AM and told me that the room was full of water. I told her that she was having a dream and should go back to sleep. But she insisted that she was standing like in a lake. When I put my feet on the floor it was true and the room was full of water, about a quarter inch over the carpet, which was all wet. There was no answer when I called the reception for one hour; after which I called 911. The police and fire department showed up in about 15 minutes; they already were aware of the problem. After an hour when I got to the lobby they were sweeping the water on the floor there. When I complained they implied it was our mistake as the leak was in our room (it was not). They shifted us to a different room but it was nearly 4 AM by that time. After getting another room I asked the attendant to get me cart to move three floors up; she said she will be right over but no one showed for another hour. We had no way to pack the stuff as water was getting higher and our shoes were all wet. I finally moved all my stuff, one piece at a time, to another room, making about 10 trips back and forth. Next day when I went to return the keys of the previous room and complained about the inconvenience, again I was told that I have caused the problem and they were not responsible. They also said that the fire department was coming to investigate the matter. I told them I should not be charged for the room as we could not sleep the whole night; all they said was sorry. I asked to call the Manager on Duty and said I was going to call my lawyer, only then the girl said she would reverse the charges. The next day again I was charged for the room anyway by another receptionist, who will not agree with me until the girl who has told me the previous day showed up. Finally she gave me the credit for the other room.
A few days later I found that another guest has been charged for the previous room for that night, in addition to the charges for his room. It makes no sense to me; the other person thinks as if I have transferred charges of my room to him. I was also informed that no one from the hotel will accept the calls from him about it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Raghu40,

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay with us. Due to the nature of this unforeseen emergency, it saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you were awaken by this hotel emergency which tarnished your sleeping and billing experience. I can assure you that this is being handled with the correct departments on and offsite.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here for business during May 5 -12. What a mistake this was. The hotel just suffered a huge flood a few days before I arrived. I switched my room three times and still felt in discomfort. The rooms smelled really bad and I couldn't breathe properly in this hotel. I honestly could not wait to end my stay here. They need to gut this place and really start from scratch. The only thing that I can say that is good about the hotel is their kind staff. I do not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Choose a room not within the hotel. You are better off in your car!