“Warm Friendly Welcome” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #116 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Lascassas, United States
“Warm Friendly Welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Doubletree always welcomes us with a warm cookie and a smile. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The bed is extremely comfortable. Good internet connections and good televisions with an excellent range of channels. Can be a bit pricey at peak times of the vacation year, but overall a good place to stay for your money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello Jimmie P,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our warm and welcoming services were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Thaddeus Hobson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Houston, TX, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

1) A/C didn't work for TWO full days! 2) Elevators didn't work for TWO full days! 3) Hotel didn't offer flash lights to walk down DARK stair cases! So those top 3 issues were at the root of my HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, AWEFUL experience at this Double Tree by Hilton! I go on vacation once or twice a year so not super often, but when I do I expect stuff to be WORKING when I am paying $112 a night or more! To be completely honest I would have rather stayed in a Super 8 Motel, Holiday Inn Express, or some where like that and not pay $112 a night but enjoy my time more and have a WORKING A/C. I try really hard not to complain about stuff, but I just could NOT take it anymore when the power was off, elevators not working, and they didn't have flash lights for people to use when coming up and down the stairs in the emergency exit. It was like they wanted someone to fall and break their neck. Especially if you were on the 6th floor or higher which I was!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Hello Authur Will C,

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy your recent vacation experience due to an unforeseen power outage at the hotel. I can assure you we were working with the necessary officials to reinstate power to the building expeditiously.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We booked this Doubletree hotel because of location. When we checked in on a Saturday the desk staff wasn't very friendly. No cookie either. The desk staff the following 4 days we stayed were very friendly and helpful. Hotel rooms need work.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello Mary S,

your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the your check-in experience was not satisfactory and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

Sacramento, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Located close to the highway. Beds and pillows are so comfortable, you will get a good's night rest. You are greeted with a smile and warm delicious chocolate chip cookie. I have been to many Doubletree hotels and Tiara's recipe is by far the best. Thumbs up.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello Ross O,

recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services and our smiles were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Gurgaon, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Customer Service was extremely poor in this location! The front desk reps cared less and were very unprofessional. The lights and the phone in my room was not working and even after registering a case at the front desk, no action was taken. I am HHonors member and my experience in other DoubleTree locations has been positive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Hello Srikanth R,

your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that your interaction with my staff was unsatisfactory and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good location, friendly staff, clean room, free parking and internet. Stay at the hotel helped to make our family vacation wonderful. Breakfast was very good and we enjoyed the hospitality of the staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello 123georgej,

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction. Please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

Portland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

we booked two rooms for our family for three nights for my son's graduation. The best part of the trip was the hotel restaurant. The hosts and servers were hospitable, and the food was exceptionally good for hotel food. However--rooms were run down. Nightstand lightswitch malfunctioned first night and light blew out. Shower curtain would not fasten so as to keep water off floor. Overall good, but fixtures need attention. Also our room though booked a year ago, was over a big exterior vent, and noisy. We were tired and still slept ok, but question if this room should be rented with this vent right underneath.

Hello Joy M,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the hotel is in need of an renovation in the rooms as well as fixtures. I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Thaddeus Hobson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
#80 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!