“Good Customer Service....”

Ranked #101 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
middletown
“Good Customer Service....”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel customer service was good but the rooms need to be cleaned. The hotel states that the rooms are non smoking NOW but the air in the room smelled like old stale smoke, gross. The drapes look as if they have never been changed or washed and we were afraid to touch the light switchs in the bathroom, they were sticky! The toilet was stained with something that looks unremoveable and we brought our bathing suits but took one look at the very small slimy pool and thought better to not get in. In short the place needs a good cleaning and some renovation. Most people love the chocolate chip cookie, I find it insulting being I have a gluten allergy and it would make me very sick to consume it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear pueho126

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Thaddeus Hobson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The elevators were terrible. i complained to front desk after waiting over 20min for an elevator. Tried to take the stairs but only one stairway had entry to lobby. Others were dead ends. This was not obvious and I felt somewhat trapped! Next day, firecrew had to be called to the hotel as people were stuck in the elevator. Then the last night of my stay the A/C went out at 1am!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Neil C

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you about your elevator and A/C experience. I can assure you that this matter has been taken care of and has been shared with the correct departments.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thaddeus Hobson

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were not there long. Landed there around 1:00 in the morning and left by 10:00. Did not really have a chance to check things out. Our room was small - not surprising, we were lucky to find one near uptown at 1:00AM on a Friday night. Trust me, we looked. Everything was clean, shower head was perfect. What impressed me most though was the friendly and helpful staff at the front desk. They were awesome. We were on the second floor. I heard people talking and yelling out front all night - I think they were out there smoking, maybe it was a nonstop stream of people checking in and leaving, I'm not sure. At some point I fell asleep, I guess from pure exhaustion. NOTE: The noise and the cost are the only factors bringing this rating down. Not sure I'd stay there again. The room simply was not worth the cost and the noise downstairs, out front made it hard to sleep. Customer service, appearance, and cleanliness were superb!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear On_The_G0_1960

Douglas, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The people were great. Check-in was fast and easy. The chocolate chip cookie was good. I stayed on the second floor and my room needed to be cleaned better (carpet and underside of the toilet). Also, there was a broken tile that was loose in the bathroom. My overall opinion is that the hotel could use some renovation. I feel like we got what we paid for.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Amanda S

I would like to thank you for having chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Greensboro
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I had another nice stay at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and service oriented. The breakfast is good southern fare. The rooms are roomy and clean. There are plenty of dining and shopping options in walking distance. The hotel is right off I85 and only a few miles from downtown Atlanta.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Mel88hram

Baxter, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hotel old in need of renovation. Food cold, air not working on main floor. Loud construction going on in the room next door until 10:00pm on a Friday night. Elevator not working on Saturday, had to walk down flight of stairs with luggage. Front desk nice and friendly, very busy and overwhelmed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Marlene J
Dear Marlene J

I do apologize that The DoubleTree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Chose this hotel due to proximity of Emory Univ for a campus tour. After a long drive we arrived at 8:45 pm and we were assigned to room 810 but the shower knobs were hard to turn on and off, they moved us to room 526, but the room had left over food and looks like someone has been on the bed, so moved again to room 218, finally a room we can sleep in. Next day we checked out and found on our bill, a charge of $34.03 for food which we did not order, we saw the receipt and had my name printed and signed with room 810 crushed out and replace with room 218 (really suspicious), bill was checked out 9:14pm (remember we arrived 8:45pm). Lesson learned here is pls check your bill when you check out. BTW all 3 rooms we went in, the lamp by the TV never worked! all 3 rooms. This is the first time that this happened to me and my family and we always stay at Hilton hotels, they are usually good but this Doubletree hotel is DOUBLE TROUBLE.......Stay away!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Herbert H

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to enjoy your lodging experience. You also noted the lamps by the televisions did not work in any of the rooms you were assigned to, I can assure you that this matter has been taken care of and has been shared with the correct departments.

Thaddeus Hobson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - North Druid Hills
Courtyard Atlanta Executive Park/Emory
Atlanta Marriott Century Center/Emory Area
Red Roof Plus+ Atlanta - Buckhead
La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Northlake

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!