“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #116 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Anniston, Alabama
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I know I complain a lot on Trip Advisor, but I am thinking that anyone who uses this site is like me and wants honest information. So here are some more complaints:
Despite being advertised as a no-smoking hotel the whole place smells like stale cigarettes. I believe the reason is the carpet everywhere. Desk service is really friendly - you get an extra cookie if you ask and the bartender is immediately your BFF dispensing affection indiscriminately and with high spirits.
The room is ok with a very comfortable bed, small but clean bathroom with a nice amenity - Crabtree and Evelyn Citron soap.
The bottom line? I wouldn't stay here again on a bet.

2 Thank Josephine8647
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Josephine8647

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for
your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the carpet appeared old and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are currently replacing all of the the carpet in the rooms and hallways. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thaddeus Hobson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Savannah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Best hotel ever! Front desk gave outstanding service and the room service was so great they didn't miss a thing! Housekeeping did an amazing job at cleaning the room and making it comfortable, cozy, and relaxing. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jaida L

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Tiara is a miracle worker! She went above and beyond to ensure my husband had a wonderful birthday! Helped to ensure our room was ready for our arrival and she kept in contact with me each step of the way! What a gem Doubletree has in Tiara! She is a keeper!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Ctrtl67

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that Tiara made your stay memorable. Please be assured that we have passed your comments on to her.

miami, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I'm a HHonors gold member and I used my points for my stay. The 20,000 points a night should have been a warning. 1st the location is right on the highway which is a plus and 5mnts from downtown, the only negative is if your room is on the highway side you will hear traffic at night. The hotel itself is not bad, what it lacks is a detail in cleaning and overall maintenance . We stayed on a HHonors designated floor, elevators are in need of repair, panels are falling apart and hallway floors were never cleaned. Room carpet is nasty, lamps were falling apart, stains on bathroom walls were never cleaned, on the positive A/C was really cold and beds were really comfortable. As a HHonors member we only stay on Hilton properties and we were disappointed on the lack of cleanliness and overall maintenance of the property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Emilio C

your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

I wanted to apologize for appearance of the property. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

middletown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel customer service was good but the rooms need to be cleaned. The hotel states that the rooms are non smoking NOW but the air in the room smelled like old stale smoke, gross. The drapes look as if they have never been changed or washed and we were afraid to touch the light switchs in the bathroom, they were sticky! The toilet was stained with something that looks unremoveable and we brought our bathing suits but took one look at the very small slimy pool and thought better to not get in. In short the place needs a good cleaning and some renovation. Most people love the chocolate chip cookie, I find it insulting being I have a gluten allergy and it would make me very sick to consume it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear pueho126

Atlanta, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The elevators were terrible. i complained to front desk after waiting over 20min for an elevator. Tried to take the stairs but only one stairway had entry to lobby. Others were dead ends. This was not obvious and I felt somewhat trapped! Next day, firecrew had to be called to the hotel as people were stuck in the elevator. Then the last night of my stay the A/C went out at 1am!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Dear Neil C

Thank you for your comments and more importantly, for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay with us.

It always saddens me to hear such feedback as this is far from the image that we like to portray to guests like yourself. However, such feedback is also very important to us and I appreciate your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you about your elevator and A/C experience. I can assure you that this matter has been taken care of and has been shared with the correct departments.

I do apologize that The Doubletree by Hilton North Druid Hills did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I can arrange upgraded services and make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were not there long. Landed there around 1:00 in the morning and left by 10:00. Did not really have a chance to check things out. Our room was small - not surprising, we were lucky to find one near uptown at 1:00AM on a Friday night. Trust me, we looked. Everything was clean, shower head was perfect. What impressed me most though was the friendly and helpful staff at the front desk. They were awesome. We were on the second floor. I heard people talking and yelling out front all night - I think they were out there smoking, maybe it was a nonstop stream of people checking in and leaving, I'm not sure. At some point I fell asleep, I guess from pure exhaustion. NOTE: The noise and the cost are the only factors bringing this rating down. Not sure I'd stay there again. The room simply was not worth the cost and the noise downstairs, out front made it hard to sleep. Customer service, appearance, and cleanliness were superb!

Dear On_The_G0_1960

Thaddeus Hobson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead
#80 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!