“Family Vacation”

Ranked #97 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel met all of my family's needs and the staff was pleasant. The cookies were very delicious!!! The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The only issue I had was the pool my children were sick after swimming in the pool. The chlorine levels were low!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bushra A
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Good Day Bushra A,

Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree Hotel Atlanta while in North Druid Hills area. I am so pleased that you and your family found our hotel to be clean and our staff friendly. However, I am sorry that your children fell sick after swimming in our pool. I have communicated your observations with my management team and we have taken immediate action to assure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon to the Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

When you walk in the lobby you are impressed. When you complete the check-in process, you are further impressed. As soon as you open the door to your room, the '5' turns to a '2'...The rooms (I tried two of them) smell faintly of old smoke, and then you notice the decor is a reminiscent of a foreclosure flip--done poorly and on the cheap. The light fixtures have different color light bulbs in them, some of the plugs work while others don't, the toilet tank lid did not fit the toilet tank, and if you are unsuspecting enough to get stuck with a 'pool view' room, be ready for the morning commute! The road noise was so loud that I felt like I was supposed to be collecting tolls--starting at 5 am! I moved rooms the next day to a parking lot view, and it was a much better experience. Room service food is good, the service is prompt and courteous (Tyrone) and surprisingly reasonably priced. All-in-all, if you are a fan of Hilton properties, you will loathe this one! There is a Hampton Inn at the top of the hill on the same road--I recommend making that your choice.

Room Tip: DO NOT accept a 'pool view' room--unless you have the luxury of turning your hearing aids do...
1  Thank WhereAhBen
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I know I complain a lot on Trip Advisor, but I am thinking that anyone who uses this site is like me and wants honest information. So here are some more complaints:
Despite being advertised as a no-smoking hotel the whole place smells like stale cigarettes. I believe the reason is the carpet everywhere. Desk service is really friendly - you get an extra cookie if you ask and the bartender is immediately your BFF dispensing affection indiscriminately and with high spirits.
The room is ok with a very comfortable bed, small but clean bathroom with a nice amenity - Crabtree and Evelyn Citron soap.
The bottom line? I wouldn't stay here again on a bet.

2  Thank Josephine8647
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Josephine8647

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills for
your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

You noted that the carpet appeared old and I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are currently replacing all of the the carpet in the rooms and hallways. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

I hope to be able to welcome you back with us again on a future trip to Atlanta. Upon that visit,
please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you will have a most pleasant stay.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Best hotel ever! Front desk gave outstanding service and the room service was so great they didn't miss a thing! Housekeeping did an amazing job at cleaning the room and making it comfortable, cozy, and relaxing. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jaida L

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Emory Area for your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that all our services were to your satisfaction and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with our team members.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta-North Druid Hills on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Tiara is a miracle worker! She went above and beyond to ensure my husband had a wonderful birthday! Helped to ensure our room was ready for our arrival and she kept in contact with me each step of the way! What a gem Doubletree has in Tiara! She is a keeper!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Ctrtl67

We appreciate the time you took to find us on Trip Advisor and for you’re very positive response. I am very pleased to see that Tiara made your stay memorable. Please be assured that we have passed your comments on to her.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I'm a HHonors gold member and I used my points for my stay. The 20,000 points a night should have been a warning. 1st the location is right on the highway which is a plus and 5mnts from downtown, the only negative is if your room is on the highway side you will hear traffic at night. The hotel itself is not bad, what it lacks is a detail in cleaning and overall maintenance . We stayed on a HHonors designated floor, elevators are in need of repair, panels are falling apart and hallway floors were never cleaned. Room carpet is nasty, lamps were falling apart, stains on bathroom walls were never cleaned, on the positive A/C was really cold and beds were really comfortable. As a HHonors member we only stay on Hilton properties and we were disappointed on the lack of cleanliness and overall maintenance of the property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Emilio C

your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to find us on Trip Advisor.

I wanted to apologize for appearance of the property. We are constantly trying to improve our hotel and any feedback we get helps us to achieve that goal.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel customer service was good but the rooms need to be cleaned. The hotel states that the rooms are non smoking NOW but the air in the room smelled like old stale smoke, gross. The drapes look as if they have never been changed or washed and we were afraid to touch the light switchs in the bathroom, they were sticky! The toilet was stained with something that looks unremoveable and we brought our bathing suits but took one look at the very small slimy pool and thought better to not get in. In short the place needs a good cleaning and some renovation. Most people love the chocolate chip cookie, I find it insulting being I have a gluten allergy and it would make me very sick to consume it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Thaddeus H, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear pueho126

Thaddeus Hobson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Buckhead
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Buckhead

Been to Doubletree Hotel Atlanta/North Druid Hills? Share your experiences!