“Stay away from here, DO NOT even turn into this property” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of A2C Budget Hotel

A2C Budget Hotel
Ranked #155 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Raleigh, NC
“Stay away from here, DO NOT even turn into this property”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

Is this the same motel? TripAdvisor shows a picture of the "Travelodge" that doesn't quite match the motel that is actually located at this location.

The motel here is the "Travel Inn" which has a large sign by the highway with their rate- it was showing $42.99 on a Friday night, even though they actually charged $60.

When I arrived, there were few cars in the lot, but a number of sketchy characters "hanging out" and walking around the parking lot. Prostitutes were openly walking along the side of the hotel; I was propositioned once at the door to my room, and again when one called my room on the phone. Men were sauntering about, eyeing my car.

The room was shabby, probably minimally functional, but somewhat cramped. i wasn't impressed with the cockroaches in the bathroom.

I got my money back and left after about 15 minutes. The owners appear to be an older Indian couple, who apparently stay behind the full-glass in the office, and don't leave. There appears to be no security guard of any kind on the property. If it was this bad fairly early in the night (9pm) I can only imagine what it must be like as the night goes on.

If you value your safety, sleep, and possessions, DO NOT STAY HERE. This "motel" is little more than a crime ghetto.

Room Tip: Leave this entire area, do not stay anywhere in this area. Get back on the highway and go down anot...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank htomc42

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2009

If you want a good place to host some low rent hookers I suggest TL. They literally throw themselves at you. Not safe for the naive. Pack heat.

Actual rooms are horrible, but if you go thru 4 women a night you aren't exactly a bastion of cleanliness anyway.

Happy Hunting!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank smellsAtlanta
Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2008

The hotel is in a convenient location if you want to go to six flags. That is about the only good thing I can say about it. This place seems dangerous. There are people lurking all over the place, they yell to you any time you are outside. It is loud and there were prostitutes hanging all over the place. Worst, the woman at the front desk whose name I think was Tanjia or something like that was the most rude person I've ever dealt with. She was rude, and didn't act like she was willing to do anything to help anyone! I am writing a letter to the owner or manager of the hotel to complain about her. she was foreign and when I had trouble understanding something she was saying she yelled at me. As I was leaving I heard her be rude to another guest as well. Also, when I saw the disgusting condition my room was in and told her I wanted to leave she never apologized or tried to do anything to make up for it. I told her my room was dirty and she said "just leave then". This kind of treatment was just too much to deal with and I asked for my money back. Horrible hotel and rude staff = I will never go hear again! And i am sharing my awful experience with everyone on the internet so hoepfully you won't have to deal with this bad place or people either.

Stayed November 2007
5 Thank melibeli
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2007

OMG I wish I had checked this site a few months ago. Everything I've read I've seen. I didn't know places liked this exsisted in real life. This is the kind of place you see on "COPS". We could not stay, the rooms were filthy, smelly and the hookers were hanging all around. The clerk must have thought she struck it rich when we booked 2 rooms for 4 nights and not by the hour. I WOULD NOT EVER GO TO THIS PLACE. IT SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ON ANY WEBSITE!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
26 Thank ogo1016
Miami
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2007

I went with my family on June 11, 2007 and booked tow rooms for 4 nights. As soon as we arrived, I observed a lot of prostitutes hanging around the hotel. Several pimps were using the rooms for "bussiness". I complained to the front desk and indicated that I had 2 kids in my party and that was unaceptable. She told me that I can leave if I wanted. I did it and found a hotel closer to Six Flags. In the mean time, a guy approached my nephew and asked for his Nike tennis shoes. Thank God we were armed!! The roms that we inspected (4 in total) were dirty and smelly. I contacted Travelodge Headquarters and they e-mail me back that the "General Manager from the property will conduct and investigation." Nice, the fox watching the hens!!!!!

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank jp10279
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2007

When we arrived there was a police car in the parking lot. As we parked and got out of the car, the office was shaking his head and telling us we shouldn't stay here. They explained that they had been trying to crack down on all the illegal activity at this hotel. I said I had a reservation and since it was late they would probably charge me for the rooms (2) if we went somewhere else. The security officer patroling the grounds said we would probably be ok if we stayed in our room and told us which room to request so he could keep an eye on us. Then another police car pulled into the lot. I went inside. The owner/desk clerk was behind bullet-proof glass with a little tray to slide my credit through to him. There was a man (pimp) behind me requesting a room. There was a lot of prostitution and drug dealing going on at this hotel. Everything was kept locked. Breakfast was in a separate room that was kept locked and we left before it was opened. There was another police back in the morning, but still a lot of obvious "activitiy" going on. Stay at your own risk.

• Liked — We survived
  • Disliked — Being approached to buy drugs in the morning; worried about our car & contents during night
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank srnflamingo
Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2007

Do NOT stay here - ESPECIALLY if you have kids, or are alone. We could not even bare to stay one night!! When we arrived at 5pm, the front desk did not know which rooms were cleaned and sent the security guard to check them. The room we were booked into was revolting. There were holes and marks on the walls, the mirror was broken, there were strange burn marks in the tiles and toilet seat in the bathroom (drugs no doubt), the bed and chair were covered in cigarette burns and dirty marks, the bed had been hastily made and the sheets were obviously unwashed, the a/c had a screwdriver and other filth in it, the carpet was disgusting, the lights were very dim, and the room STANK. Outside my boyfriend was offered sex and drugs and there were prostitutes around, and always a group of shifty men hanging around, and the security guard was always coming out and confronting suspicious persons - and this was just while we were unloading the car. We felt very, VERY unsafe. As we had a concert to go to we left the bags in the room (warily) and when we returned at midnight there were even more shifty people and prostitutes hanging around and when I told the lady at the front desk that I felt uncomfortable in our room she told us to check out. She did not offer any sort of apology or resolution. Just, "bring me your key". As we had booked with hotels.com we called them and told them how we had left due to the appalling conditions and scary location and their customer service was really great helping us get a refund. This hotel really needs to be closed down. I could not be payed to stay here. Really, I know its cheap, but the risks are too great - just stay away.

Stayed March 2007
10 Thank travellerTennessee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Red Roof Inn Atlanta -Six Flags
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#110 of 172 in Atlanta
Econo Lodge At Six Flags

Been to A2C Budget Hotel? Share your experiences!