“Location!”

Ranked #72 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Dunedin, Florida
“Location!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on biz trip. Convenient to downtown off 75. Nothing remarkable, but staff was friendly and self serve breakfast was good...In the ranks of a high quality Holiday Inn Express. Rooms are large and bed adequate, bathroom area big. Small frig too. Ok place to lay your head.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank doubleboo
Brenadette F, General Manager at Regency Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff. We go above and beyond to make each guests' stay memorable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Caxias Do Sul, RS
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Very good location, close to Midtown station and Georgia Tech campus, friendly and kind staff, clean rooms and freshly brewed Starbucks at the reception. I spent wonderful six weeks at the Regency Suits.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 702. It was quiet and had a nice view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Raquelcasaracosta
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We loved hosting your group and we miss you all already. One of the many things we enjoy about our work here, is meeting people from all over the world. Hope you come back to Atlanta and visit us!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed at the Regency Suites last July for a bachelorette party with about 4 others girls. It was walking distance from a few restaurants and stores which was convenient. The room was very clean and spacious. There were 2 queen beds and a pull out couch which was more than enough room for us. I was happy that the bathroom had a separate sink area that way some of us could get ready while others showered. I really enjoyed the small kitchenette because we could store our leftovers and a few drinks for later. The only downfall was that you could tell they didn't have a lot of space to build on. Parking is HORRIBLE!!! You basically have to pull up on the side of the building and buzz for them to let you in. Then you travel up a NARROW parking deck looks like you would have to back up if a car was coming the opposite direction. If you have a large vehicle.....FORGET IT!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brittney H
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed yourself while you were here. We are sorry you had difficulties with the parking garage, please remember we are always here to assist. Hope to see you next trip.
West Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this property last week for business and was very pleased.

Service - impeccable staff who were incredibly thorough, thoughtful, and nice.
Rooms - very spacious true suites. My room was huge and clean with a sitting area, kitchen area w/ table, king bed, desk, sink/closet area, and separate bath/toilet room. While my stay was short, I could see this being ample space for a longer stay or more people. Kitchen was equipped with toaster, microwave, and fridge. My one disappointment was the level of noise through the window. I would have appreciated it a little more quiet, but with two busy roads outside, it certainly didn't keep me from sleeping (so it wasn't THAT loud). Lovely blackout curtains.
Location - There is a grocery store (true, real-size grocery store) within a block, the public transit on the same block, and multiple restaurants and bars. Excellent.
Food - The provided breakfast had multiple options, even for someone avoiding carbs, as I am. The Monday - Thursday provided dinner (currently at Marlow's, down the street) was excellent. I love that addition and my food (and service) at Marlow's was GREAT!

Overall, I would definitely stay here again. I didn't use the parking (unnecessary to have a car if you are staying fairly local) but only gave this 4 stars instead of 5 for the lack of a restaurant/bar on site and the fact that while everything was excellent, it didnt have that above and beyond factor that I personally expect from a 5-star. However, I take nothing away from this hotel and it will be my first choice next time!

Room Tip: While on the 5th floor, I still heard outside noise. However, room 505 was very spacious and I liked...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your extensive review of our hotel. You touched on so many amenities that are so important to our guests. Our location adjacent to the Midtown Marta Station, walking distance to Publix grocery store and so many restaurant options! Please come see us again next time you need to come to Midtown.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 January 2014

One of the best hotels in downtown Atlanta I have stayed at. Very reasonalble price with large rooms ,excellent staff and great location. Will continue to book here when I am in Atlanta the next time for business or pleasure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Steven S
rshgm, Manager at Regency Suites, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
We are so glad that you loved your stay with us! We can't wait to be your host the next time you visit Atlanta.

Brenadette
Stoneville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My family visited Atlanta over New Years for the Chick-fil-a Bowl. We booked a room at the Regency Suites and am so glad we chose this over some of the higher priced high rise hotels in the area. The Regency is in the perfect location. We felt very safe. The accommodations were perfect for us. There actually ended up being 5 adults and the room was more than adequate. The front desk staff had that southern hospitality that we're used to (being from NC). As stated in other posts, the parking garage is very tight, but there is a lot across the street that is cost effective and well lit should you have an oversized vehicle.If we have the opportunity to visit Atlanta again, we'll remember the Regency!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank beandsemom
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Very helpful hints for other travelers to Midtown. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay!
Penryn, California
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here for 9 days in November 2013, for a personal getaway by myself. I had a room on the 9th floor, and it was very quiet except for the night that there was a wedding downstairs - I had to call the desk about the running & shouting in the hallway (though the guests' bad behavior was certainly not the fault of the hotel). The staff were all VERY friendly, especially Justina, and helpful with suggestions and responding to my requests. The beds are comfortable, the kitchenette was perfect with a microwave & refrigerator (and the grocery store is a very short walk - saved a lot of money & time that way!). The fitness room is very basic but met my needs; it has a water cooler & towels too. The location is perfect, walking distance to MANY good places like Einstein Bagels, Breman museum, Fox theater, many restaurants, and also VERY close to MARTA which will get you almost anywhere. My only complaint is with the laundry facilities, the washing machine did fine on the wash cycle but only filled about 1/3 full of water for the rinse so my clothes were not rinsed properly. Otherwise, my stay was very relaxing and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CaliHistoryBuff
We also consider our hotel "your home away from home". We are so glad you felt comfortable here. Please come and see us again soon.