“Very nice hotel with amenities ”

Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #50 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
SW GA
“Very nice hotel with amenities ”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a nice night before at trip we had planned. Check in was easy and the bellman got our bags. We had arraigned for the king room airport view with long term parking and shuttle service which is a good deal. The room was very nice, with a comfortable bed. We loved watching the planes, and we do not feel that the room was loud. The hotel food was also good which is a plus.! Look foward to staying here again, with our future flights through Hartsfield.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank junderw66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was my first time in Atlanta and first time staying at the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Hotel as we were there for a volleyball tournament. I have to say it is a beautiful hotel, with the nice, professional staff members. I ordered room service for breakfast each morning. It was there prompty, and I received the best service each morning by an associate by the name of Lynn. She was wonderful to say the least. Only thing is that you can hear the airplanes but it wasnt something that kept me awake at night. The view was enjoyable especially in the evenings, rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. I would definetly stay here again when visiting ATL.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manila
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel speaks for its name with a fantastic view of the ATL runway. Maybe a bit noisy at times due to the numerous jets taking off. Nice Atrium design and leaves an "airy" atmosphere. We had access to the Lounge on the 11th floor and the breakfast can perk up your day. The hotel had a regular shuttle to ATL and nearby places.Would definitely recommend this Hotel is staying in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the runway has quite a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have been to a lot of bad hotels all over the world, this might take the prize. It is not that the staff was not sweet, they just did not get the job done. Check in is a 3, the room was ready at 5. Two conditioners, no shampoo (why did I trust there would be shampoo this time?). But why, when i called the second time to get some (after they told me it would be right up) they said that "Housekeeping has just come in?" We tried to get a bite at the restaurant when we got there, No one seemed to know what to do with us, so we had to move into our meetings. The worst? They had an ice machine two doors down from my room that noisily replenished itself beginning at 3am each night. Yes I might have gotten my room changed for our second night had I the time to do that, but maybe the desk clerk should not have told me she was sending me to the "quiet side" of the hotel..

Room Tip: Really, ask to be a long way from the ice machine.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
MgrRenConcourseATL, Manager at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Clearly, we dropped the ball and I will share your comments with the team. Feedback such as yours is the only way we get better...unfortunately, this happened to be during your experience. I would love the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please email me back at mike.sutter@renhotels.com so we can review.
Thanks again for your comments.
Regards,
Mike
North Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Our room was nice, staff was great and we got a great rate that included parking while we flew from ATL. They asked which room type we wanted at check-in, and we said runway view, thinking it would be a nice experience. The room was nice and it even had a nice balcony, but it was very loud, so just keep that in mind. We stayed here on the night before our flight and the night we got back and got the runway view both nights, so it's by no means a deal breaker, just know it's really loud - the kids loved it.

We used the shuttle from the hotel and and back, and the staff was great and wouldn't even let us lift our bags.

Overall, great hotel, nice restaurant & bar area too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Let me start by saying that I'm an Aeronautics major in school and that I've also worked at a Marriott resort property.

We checked in after 9 PM and were only staying one night. The property was very nice even considering it's an airport hotel. For me being an Aeronautics major, I was on the balcony just about the entire night until I went to bed. The next morning it was raining, so I walked outside a couple times but was mainly watching from the window until we had to leave at noon. I even had an air traffic control app open on my phone to listen to while I watched. If you like aviation at all, I urge you to get a runway view. You won't get a hotel better than this where you can sit and watch planes whenever you want.

I was fairly worried about the noise coming off the planes but by the time we went to bed, the airfield was pretty calm so there wasn't really an issue. However, I saw other reviews where it says that the rooms were pretty well soundproofed and it says that on the hotels website as well. It's not as quiet as you would think. As far as the room goes, it was clean, spacious, modern, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The air conditioner worked great and was very quiet but I have a feeling, even if it was loud the planes would roar over it.

The only problems I had with this property were with two of the front office workers and this is why I mention that I worked at a Marriott resort because I worked in the front office. When someone books a room online, it comes through the system and shows what kind of room was booked. I booked a runway view and paid more for it. When I was checking in the associate asked me if I wanted runway view or quiet side. Well... it should say in your system there that I booked a runway view so I think I'll go with that. That's not really a big deal but I can't understand why the question was asked. After check-in, my girlfriend and I made our way to the room and after maybe ten minutes I called down to see if a wine glass could be brought up. The associate then tried to discourage me from having the glass brought up and said that room service would be the ones to bring it up but that they couldn't bring it until the orders were done. I said that was fine and to bring it up anyway. An hour passed and still no glass. My girlfriend called back down to the front desk and told them to cancel it. The associate then said "Well I tried to tell him..." First off, even if room service was slammed with orders, running a single empty wine glass up to a room doesn't take longer than five minutes. Second, instead of discouraging me from getting the wine glass, the front office associate should have offered to bring one up. That's the type of customer service Marriott strives for and they missed the mark here. I would've been better off going downstairs and getting a glass from the bar. I only made one request while I was at the hotel and they couldn't complete it.

If I was basing this trip on the property, I would definitely return. If I'm basing it off the service, I wouldn't.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skimsoflo1219
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed here on a Sunday night before an early Monday flight. The hotel was very nice. The rooms are a little dated and showing some wear, but overall it was a great stay. The room was large (airport view) - and even with jets coming and going, the noise wasn't bad. Staff was very friendly - will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 173 in Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South

Been to Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!