“Great airport view and clean”

Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here recently due to an early flight and thought the rooms and balcony view were great. If you don't want to hear too much noise or are a light sleeper than the rooms on opposite side are probably better away from take offs and landings. Service was good too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

After a bad surprise, I found myself stuck at the Atlanta airport and needing to fly out very early the next morning. I booked this hotel, and a very sweet shuttle driver came to pick me up. When I arrived at the hotel, the lobby was really breathtaking. A very nice woman helped me confirm my hastily made reservations were good, and then asked what kind of sleeper I was. I said "light" so she assigned me to the "city side" as opposed to the "airport side." I love staying in Marriott family hotels because I know that the beds are going to be really comfortable, and there are going to be fun-smelling bath products. I wasn't disappointed. The shampoo was rosemary-mint scented (which is a new combo to me) and the bed was so comfortable that even when I got up at 3:45am to head back to the airport to try my flight again, I felt well rested. The night staff who processed my checkout and drove the shuttle back to the airport were truly wonderful. I am very grateful to the staff of the Renaissance Concourse for how well they took care of me in a difficult time.

Room Tip: The airport side has better views, which you can enjoy all night while you listen to planes take off...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My friend and I checked into the hotel very late (1:30 AM) and had to leave very early (5:30 AM). Needless to say we were very tired when we arrived. We got checked into the first room and we realized they had made a mistake and gave us 1 king bed. Kermit Collins was super nice and got everything settled for us without us having to go back to the front desk. I am also allergic to feathers and he was kind enough to bring me non-feather pillows.
I did not give a full 5 because the pillows that are not feather are not very good pillows and because there was the mistake of getting us into a non-double room. Also, the signage to get us to the airport from the hotel was lacking and we got a little lost. Other than that, the stay (as short as it was) was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and i used this hotel for many years when they permitted you to leave your car during trips for free. They stopped that practice more than 7-8years ago and we moved to other hotels. At that time the hotel was starting to look a bit ragged. Using some of their economic "parking packages" we have used the hotel again twice this year. The place has since been renovated and looks great. I am very glad we returned.
The hotel overlooks the runway and you can watch the planes land and take off from the lobby bar or from your room on that side of the hotel. Despite being so close to the airport we have always found the hotel to be very quiet with no real noise from the planes. It is much quieter than many hotels further away. I do need to mention that we have always stayed on the city side of the hotel, away from the runway. The quietness of the room includes internally as well. During our last stay there were two major groups or meetings taking place and the hotel was full. We never heard anything.
The room itself was well appointed with VERY comfortable beds and linens. The hotel has an excellent work out facility as well as two pools (one indoor, one outdoor) and a hot tub. The employees and staff are very helpful. The restaurant opens at 6 AM for breakfast and the shuttle service runs every 20-30 minutes. Great for early travelers.
We had a great experience and would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: We always stay on the city side of the hotel, away from the airport. It is quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I was absolutely pleased with this hotel. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the view of the airport runway, disregarding the construction. The balcony was icing. Very spacious and beautiful body mirror. Very clean and comfy. I definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booked this place for a quick overnight stay for a late Thu night arrival followed by an early departure the next morning... 10-15min shuttle ride to/from terminals... impressive atrium-style lobby, requested and received city view room vs runway view, not as noisy as expected, clean and comfortable accommodations with luxurious amenities, highly recommended for short stay.

Room Tip: City-view rooms are less noisy, no complementary breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here one night as we had an early flight the next morning. The interior of the hotel was very nice (breathtaking if you are afraid of heights and on an upper floor). Our room overlooked the run way and while you could hear the aircraft taking off and landing it was nice to sit on the balcony and take in the marvel of the ATL airport.

Room Tip: Upper floors will be quieter if there is a lot of people in the atrium of the hotel. I love the air...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family