“i stay here 3-4 times a year”

Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #33 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
chicago
“i stay here 3-4 times a year”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My office HQ is next to this hotel--although not OTP, it makes it in by inches. Not a fun location in the ATL--far from the airport and all the fun places to go. That being said, the hotel is excellent. Very clean,top service, excellent breakfast buffet, nice work out facility, helpful local shuttle HOWEVER--Room Service Sucks--you are much better off getting carry out from the very good restaurant, or carry in from the many places to eat walking distance from the Wavery.

1 Thank Avrom G
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to talk to you if you have a few minutes to understand what we can do to improve our Room Service. My name is Joe Uhl and I can be reached at 770-303-3186. We appreciate your business and am happy you are here 3 to 4 times a year. Your feedback will help us be even better!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I spent nine days here and must say the people are the most responsive hotel employees I have ever experienced. The Shuttle service was superb; we had them take us to breakfast, lunch and dinner several times each. This resulted from the extremely high prices in the dinning facilities within the hotel. That would be the lone drawback to staying here. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. Again, the best thing about a stay here is the staff you interact with; they are the best!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool and fitness center...noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I am glad you enjoyed to stay with us, we hope to see you back soon!
Northern VA
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to attend a convention. We had intentions of using the lot at the hotel to park, but after traveling for most of the day & having no luck finding an open space we opted for Valet Service. Never regretted it, a convenience that was definitely worth it. Did have to wait about 5 mins for valet drop off one evening when no one was in sight. Had to go to front desk & ask for help & her response was "Wow!" Went back out & waited, went back in and asked for help from the Bell Capt. He came out & collected our keys & those of another couple waiting to drop off as well. That was our only hiccup over a 3 day period & really that wasn't that bad. Gorgeous room, with lots space, multiple outlets for cell phones & pads. Warm, comfy bathrobes to throw in when getting out of shower. Nice large bathroom & fluffy white towels, makes you want a fresh one every time. Our room was cleaned every day w/fresh towels & sheets. Excellent maid service. Didn't eat at any in house restaurants. Thought $18 for breakfast buffet was a little steep & opted for a little Cafe in the lobby. Yogurt, bagels, sweet rolls, fruit, egg sandwiches & coffee are the offerings. Just enough for the two of us. Beds were extremely comfortable. Everyone we had contact with at this hotel couldn't have been more helpful or friendlier. Beautiful open atrium fills hotel with lots of natural light & is warm & welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for such detailed feedback! I appreciate it very much as it helps us improve our service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It's a typical generic Marriott hotel and convenient if you're attending a convention. The mall with more restaurants is walking distance but they're all chains. The line for breakfast was quite long all four days I was there- get there early or be prepared to wait.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that you had to wait in line for breakfast, that is not usually the case but we had a large convention in the hotel. I hope we have the chance to have you back with us and earn a fifth star!
Alabama, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I loved this hotel. I plan on going back with just my Hubs. We stayed one night with our 3 kids and had a great time. The saltwater pool was great. Kids loved it. The room was huge and they brought us up a baby bed.

Like I said, my husband and I plan on coming back and visiting the Spa, and having a nice romantic dinner and just taking in the beauty and elegance of the hotel. We loved the modern décor and all the great amenities.

Room Tip: The atrium is beautiful, so a high level room would be nice :)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I think it is a great idea to come back and treat yourself to a relaxing weekend, Spa Waverly will be perfet as well! If I can help with accomodations, please let me know. I would be happy to try and get you an upgrade if available!
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at this hotel while driving down to Florida for a vacation. Although we only stayed for one night, we were impressed. The hotel is very clean, spacious, and comfortable. The decor is very modern and functional and all of the rooms overlook a central atrium. Despite this we didn't have any issues with noise. The beds were very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. We also booked online and were able to get a breakfast buffet for my entire family for an additional $10. Furthermore there are plenty of shopping areas and restaurants nearby. If you need a nice place to stay in Atlanta thats not going to break the bank, this is the place for you.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Only one night? The next time let's make it a weekend and you can enjoy a spa treatment in Spa Waverly! Thank you for the review, please come back and see us soon!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Exceptional service is one of the most important reasons that make me 'rebook' any hotel! Wow..this was a great stay!!From the front desk, to the concierge, to the gentlemen opening the door at the entrance..service was exceptional. Yes, it was an older hotel, but the renovations to the rooms, and parts of hotel were superb, with more to follow! I travel to Atlanta frequently, and loved how convenient to major roads/interstates. The fitness center was nice..steam and sauna complementary as well. Oh, and my room smelled clean and was very nice! I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Yea, we are glad you will be back! Thanks for the review of the hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to share. We really do hope to see you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!