“It was alright, I guess.”

Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #31 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at the hotel in April. It was okay. There were restaurants and a mall in the area but it just seemed to lack personality. It is a functional hotel and the staff was cordial. However, if your trip is more for leisure this may not be best because it has a conference hotel feel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for writing a critique of my hotel. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay more. Though we are a conference hotel, we also have great amenities to help you relax and have fun. The next time you come please check out our fitness area, Spa Waverly or ask one of our Navigators to tell you some of the great things to do in the area. I hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I booked this hotel for a weekend birthday trip. Upon arrival, my friend and I were greeted at the door. The front desk staff were very nice and personable. I was able to have an early check in as well.

Our hotel room was lovely. Very Clean, Comfortable and Modern. I was surprised that the staff remembered it was my birthday, they surprised me with a birthday card that included all of the staffs signatures and chocolate covered strawberries.

Overall my stay at The Renaissance was wonderful. Free Parking, Clean, Close to the highways and mall. Excellent staff and great rooms. The only thing I disliked was that guest had to pay for Wifi.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Happy Birthday! Thank you for spending it with us, I am really glad you enjoyed my hotel and hope we have the opportunity t have you back soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Hey had a wonderful time at the hotel!! Staff was very helpful, I had one problem with a parking attendant he banged on the back of my car to move, I was waiting patiently for some kids to go by safely on the side walk.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

We are glad you had an awesome time with us! Please come back again the next time business or pleasure bring you to Atlanta. Thank you for the feedback on the Valet Attendant, I will follow up with my team to ensure we use a better approach!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I withdrew my first review because the manager told me he would take care of my concerns and, then, nothing happened during the rest of our stay. Upon registering, we requested a fridge for medications, which never arrived, so we used our cooler. On the second day we requested a copy of the usual "notebook" of local attractions, churches, hotel restaurants and amenities. IT never arrived. On day number 4, I had to ask the navigators (concierge desk) where the outdoor pool was located, but none of them knew. It turned out that the pool is on the roof and you must go up 42 steps to reach it...and what goes up must come down. In addition, the ladder steps are sunk into the pool side so an older, weaker, heavier, less agile person (like me) has no business going into that pool. I was afraid I would never get out again, so I did not venture into the water. It needs steps. The indoor pool has both steps and is accessible to most.

The rooms were lovely with striking plum and white wallpaper. The desk was large enough to accomodate two computers. As long as one had the Renaissance towels, they were fluffy and newer. If you got the old Marriott towels, they were holey and threadbare. Someone needs to sort them. We actually got a dirty towel on day number 7.

Food? Not great. We had a special dinner for two and it was mediocre. The dessert was quite nice. We also had an expensive pizza on thin crust that was more a snack at dinner cost. The pizza was quite tasty. Fortunately, the adjoining convention center had several eating places available.

Very personable manager with whom I had a lengthy conversation because I do not like to make public the negatives that I will not say in person to a manager. I expected the hotel's "notebook" to materialize immediately after the conversation, but it did not. I heard that ours was not the only room without one.

Overall, we enjoyed most of our stay of nine days here. My point to the manager was that a few tweaks in organization and follow-through might take this hotel from a 3.5 (where I would have rated it) to above a 4. Good spot for a convention and lovely grounds suitable for walking make this a worthy hotel. I just thought the follow up on requests and training in the facility and food were not quite up to snuff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your detailed feedback. Though I wish your experiences would have all been good, the critique really does help us to be better. I will share your comments with my team and ensure we follow through on the areas of opportunity. I hope the next time you come to Atlanta, you will give us a chance to earn a perfect score! Thank you again for the opportunity to "tweak" our service with your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this place. The staff was wonderful and the service was commendable. The ambiance was relaxing and very cozy. The rooms were spacious, clean and decorated beautifully. We had double beds which were queen sized and we all slept like babies. The kids and I loved the view from the atrium as well. The bar and eating area were really nice too! I would recommend this place to anyone. Rather it be business, romantic getaway or for friends weekend away. The location is perfect because it is right by the interstate and close to malls, shopping centers and local eateries. White water and Dave and Busters are close by as well.

Room Tip: Home away from home!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Spent 4 nights here on a business trip. Rooms are comfortable and spacious. Service was great and had very little to complain about. Location of hotel is very convenient if you need to be in that area. A bit far out if you want to travel to downtown and airport...shops and restaurants however are close by so all in all if you on business and not pleasure then being far from downtown is not too big a problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback on your recent trip, I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This thirty year old property was built big like once was possible. The atrium is huge, the lobbies are even bigger and the guests rooms are giant. This space is great for stretching out, storing your stuff and having space for your activities. We were in the hotel for a big convention and found the property worked for our group.

Overall, I found the style of the hotel lacking, kind of bland and dull. On the other hand, the maintenance is top notch -- they were touching up and repairing all around. The staff really takes care of this hotel.

The doorman were helpful and often held the doors for us. Parking was convenient and free. Front desk staff was friendly and very fast -- I never spent more than a moment there.

Our room had a nice view and was in good condition. The beds were nice and the room was quiet at night. The bathroom is an off design -- large with plenty of space for stuff. Next dloor was a good sized closet and a shelf for ice and other stuff.

This hotel is great for business people working in the area, meetings, conventions and trade groups. It would be OK for families, but take note of the long walk from your car.

Room Tip: Stay in the upper floors for a quieter room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

I really appreciate your detailed review of my hotel, thank you for taking the time. I hope we have the chance to have you back with us in the near future!