“What's not to like???”

Ranked #30 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Bonn, Germany
“What's not to like???”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

My second time at this hotel reminded me why this is one of my all time favourite hotels in Atlanta. The staff are so friendly, always trying to go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The rooms are large and well equipped, the restaurants serving tasty food and the breakfast buffet is varied and plentiful.

I look forward to the next visit

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you so much for the nice feedback. I am really glad this is one of your favorite hotels and hope we have the opportunity to have you back with us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times over the last eight years. Always a great location for the seminar the Hubs attends next door. This year every detail was great. Available and free parking within steps of the door? Check. Greeted at the door? Check. Easy-peasy check in? Check. Spotless room? Check. Well lit and super clean bathroom? Check. Extra towels as requested? Check. Quiet and working A/C? Check. Comfy bed? Check. Sigh. Price was comparable to other close by properties. Service in the bar was great - martini, beer and pizza hit the spot. Close to decent shopping and the traffic was bearable between rush hours. Stayed two week nights. Did not see or hear any children. At all. The entire time. Ever.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, please come back and visit again soon!
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were hosting an event at the Cobb Galleria and the Renaissance was the perfect place to stay. We could walk to our event without leaving the facility. The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. The Executive Lounge served and excellent breakfast and very good appetizers in the evening. Having to pay $10 for a glass of wine was ridiculous! The restaurant in the hotel was very good. The steaks excellent. We also ate dinner in the bar but the restaurant was more comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to complete this critique.
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My family took a trip to Atlanta for our 11 year anniversary. We had planned out an exciting weekend with our 3 yr old and 5 yr old. My husband had called in advance and had requested an early check in and a room on a top floor. We were told no problem. We got to the hotel at noon as expected. When we tried to pull up to check in the valet was extremely rude and we were told to move 3 times in an uncrowded area. When we tried to check in we were told we would have to wait. So we walked over to the mall and had a long lunch at Maggiano's. We came back a couple of hours later and were told it would be over two more hours before we could get a room even though we were promised it would be fine ti check in at 11:00 AM and we had 2 young kids that needed naps. After letting our kids run wild basically in the lobby and frankly not caring if they were disruptive, we finally got a room. But, the room we received was not as requested and was promised. Plus, we had promised our kids a long swim in the pool before our dinner plans but because of the delay they were sorely disappointed. Completely ruined our anniversary for this exhausted mom.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Arhuddleston
I am very sorry to learn about your experience at my hotel, I assure you this is not typical. I would like to ask you to call me if you have some time so I may better understand the circumstances and address the issues with my team. We would love to have you back to the Waverly and show you just how relaxing a stay with us can be! My name is Joe Uhl and I can be reached at 770 303 3186.
USA
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at the hotel in April. It was okay. There were restaurants and a mall in the area but it just seemed to lack personality. It is a functional hotel and the staff was cordial. However, if your trip is more for leisure this may not be best because it has a conference hotel feel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for writing a critique of my hotel. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay more. Though we are a conference hotel, we also have great amenities to help you relax and have fun. The next time you come please check out our fitness area, Spa Waverly or ask one of our Navigators to tell you some of the great things to do in the area. I hope to have you back with us soon!
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I booked this hotel for a weekend birthday trip. Upon arrival, my friend and I were greeted at the door. The front desk staff were very nice and personable. I was able to have an early check in as well.

Our hotel room was lovely. Very Clean, Comfortable and Modern. I was surprised that the staff remembered it was my birthday, they surprised me with a birthday card that included all of the staffs signatures and chocolate covered strawberries.

Overall my stay at The Renaissance was wonderful. Free Parking, Clean, Close to the highways and mall. Excellent staff and great rooms. The only thing I disliked was that guest had to pay for Wifi.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Happy Birthday! Thank you for spending it with us, I am really glad you enjoyed my hotel and hope we have the opportunity t have you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Hey had a wonderful time at the hotel!! Staff was very helpful, I had one problem with a parking attendant he banged on the back of my car to move, I was waiting patiently for some kids to go by safely on the side walk.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We are glad you had an awesome time with us! Please come back again the next time business or pleasure bring you to Atlanta. Thank you for the feedback on the Valet Attendant, I will follow up with my team to ensure we use a better approach!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!