Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Troy, Alabama
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Was there last Wednesday and was treated so well that I have booked myself again this weekend for our 10th anniversary trip.
At check-in, Dylan at the desk was really friendly and helpful and a simple offer of Coke and water was nice after a three hour drive.
The room was great - spacious and clean - and even though the Home Depot meeting was underway, hotel was calm. Easy walk to Jock and Jills and an easy stroll to the mall.
Certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank agboat
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
I am so glad you had a good experience and will be coming back to the Renaissance Waverly for your celebration! Thank you for the feedback, we look forward to seeing you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This place is ridiculously big. When I stayed they had a huge sales conference from Home Depot going on and yet it still felt empty. They have a 15 storey atrium that is light and airy but does make sound reverberate around the building.
Room was clean and comfortable and all the staff I met were very friendly. Book for convenience though - not romance.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room as far away from the elevator bank as possible - it will be a bit quieter but...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GDM70
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for posting your comments, we appreciate it!
Kennesaw
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Enjoyed working with Tammie Guthrie and her crew on planning a wedding. This hotel has great event space with choices of ballrooms, and oversized sleeping rooms. Both Tammie and the chef worked with me to create a menu to fit my budget, which isn't always the case in the Atlanta area. Plenty of wedding package options to choose from. A nice "hidden" gem is the Gardens just outside the front door which can be used for the outdoor ceremony. Would recommend this property and staff at any time. Thanks Tammie!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Erin C
Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Waverly for this special occasion! I also appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback, we like to learn when things go well or when we have an opportunity to improve. We hope to see you back soon!
DC
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The Hotel is beautiful and in a good location. I really did like the look and spaciousness of the hotel. There is lots of free parking as well as valet parking. My initial impression was not favorable because I waited, and waited, AND WAITED for a Bellman. I finally struggled with my unloading and got other guests to assist me. If I had a choice I would not have stayed on that particular weekend because of the Fitness convention. Way too many people that weekend (family reunions, weddings, and conventions!) Because of the acoustics I was awakened early by an exercise class in the atrium. The room doors are heavy and slam loudly. Also, in addition to the bellman problem, the staff could be a bit more attentive and responsive. I had welcome bags for my guests and I discovered they were not being distributed. I attempted to use the Business Center, but found the cost to be excessive.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay. I will share them with my staff to ensure appropriate changes take place. I hope to have you back with us soon!
Kentucky
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This was the finest hotel stay we've had in some time. It probably helped that the hotel has low occupancy and we were upgraded to a suite. It was enormous, quiet and well-decorated. Hotel staff were top notch. We enjoyed Medici, the hotel restaurant for dinner, and their breakfast buffet. Will DEFINITELY stay here again when in NW Atlanta.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank CheapWorldTraveller
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hurry back!
Morristown, Arizona
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I thought the staff here were great from the bellmen, front desk, restaurant & coffeeshop. All smiled & made me feel welcome. We were able to check in early which was really helpful. The rooms are modern, colorful, clean & comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay here & would return.

The hotel is attached to a mall & a great location. I had a lunch time meal at the restaurant that was fresh, tasted great & with super service. Overall this was a great place that I would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come back and see us soon.
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

My second time at this hotel reminded me why this is one of my all time favourite hotels in Atlanta. The staff are so friendly, always trying to go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The rooms are large and well equipped, the restaurants serving tasty food and the breakfast buffet is varied and plentiful.

I look forward to the next visit

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the nice feedback. I am really glad this is one of your favorite hotels and hope we have the opportunity to have you back with us soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!