“Suburban Sophistication”

Ranked #30 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Suburban Sophistication”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hotel meets all Marriott / Renaissance criteria. Staff efficient and well trained. Rooms are immaculate. Concierge club room is too sterile and has bad acoustics, but the server there was very nice. Bartender at Tosca Blu off the lobby was snooty but the food was decent (was just looking for a glass of wine and an app after traveling all day).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for the feedback! I will share you feedback with my team to ensure proper follow through with the Tosca Blu staff. I will also take a look at the Club Lounge to see what we can do to warm up the atmosphere. Thank you again, hope to see you back at the Waverly soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel since the convention we were going to was taking place at the hotel.
All of the staff were extremely nice. The rooms were fine and the beds very comfortable.
They have a small indoor pool, which I enjoyed early in the morning when it was empty. Though I didn't use the rest of the spa, it seemed to be clean and well equipped.

The only thing that really bothered me is how they nickle and dimed you. $14.95 for internet (which we were lucky to get free as part of the convention rate) and $5 for a bottle of water that is out on the table with an invitation to refresh yourself... That said, when I checked in, the front desk offered me a cold drink, which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
I am glad you enjoyed your visit at the Waverly and appreciate the feedback. We continue to monitor the pricing of amenities such as internet and water to ensure we remain competitve and will adjust as necessary. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us!
Brentwood, California
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was a very good hotel, but I had ants all over my laptop that was set up on top of the work desk inside my room.

I arrived Sunday afternoon and checked in. The agent provided excellent customer service and gave me my room key. I immediately went upstairs and left my luggage, set up my laptop and left for a bite to eat. I returned back to my room around 7:30 to change and head downstairs to watch MNF at this nice sports bar & grill.

When I walked over to my laptop, I noticed very small ants al over my keyboard. I immediately contacted the FD and notified them of the issue. The agent immediately apologized and offered to change my room. So, I had to gather all my belongings and head back downstairs for the new keys (it would have been nice to have a bellman meet me at my new room)

Overall, the property is nice with a descent mall nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, I will be sure to follow through with my team and ensure the issue you experienced (ants) has been addressed. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you back with us soon to ensure you have a perfect stay!
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

For my birthday, my wife planned a photographic seminar for me in Atlanta. She chose the Renaissance as the seminar was being held there. The entire experience, from room to restaurant (Medici) to customer service was extraordinary. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Happy Birthday! And thank you for spending it with us. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was a very nice hotel,but we booked it for a romantic getaway. When arriving we were told that they upgraded us to Executive suite. Once we were in there we realized that we only got half of what we thought we were getting from the photos online. And that was before the upgrade. There wasn't a separate sitting area,no soaker tub,and no microwave. For the price we paid we also had to pay for Wifi. The sink in the room dripped all night. My husband went to use the iron an the whole bottom plate fell off. The bed was nice to sleep in. The best part of the Hotel was the Spa and Fitness center. They offered everything you could think of. I would stay again,but now I know what to expect.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't book through Hotels.com and ask plenty of questions
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Waverly for your romantic escape, I am sorry we did not meet all of your needs and hope to have the opportunity to have you back with us. Please contact me directly if you have the chance to escape again, I would like to personally handle your accomodations and ensure it is perfect! Hope to see you soon.
naples
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I arrived late from the airport the staff was friendly even took my bags to my room so I could catch the end of a dinner with associates. The room was way more than I needed in size. However it was really nice.... I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
A heart beat is not very long, we hope to see you back very soon! Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it!
Merritt Island, FL
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I am staying here for a conference this week and to say I am dissapointed would be an understatement.

The covention staff enters your meeting while you are doing a presentation to break down the coffee stations, etc and makes so much noise that the meeting has to stop for a few seconds while they finished. This happened every day.

The rooms are nice however the towels are paper thin and my bed sheet right now actually has a hole in the center of it because it is worn so bad. The HD channels go out constantly from "no Signal" and I waited for over 15 minutes for someone to come look at it only to be told there was nothing that could be done (so much for watching Monday Night Football).

As I said before, I expected more from a Renaissance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your experience, I assure you this is not typical of my hotel as all. I would like to speak directly to you if possible to get more details and enable me to follow up with my team. Can you please call me at 770 303 3186, my name is Joe Uhl and I am the General Manager. I look forward to speaking to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!