“Mary was amazing.”

Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #34 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Blade Show 2014 - Mary was wonderful as always. Remembering many guests from prior years by name and always quick with a smile. She is southern hospitality, pure and simple. The only problem we experienced with our trip was the UPS Store and their inability / unwillingness to do their jobs. Although it isn't really the responsibility of the hotel, it did effect our stay their and is the only reason I gave a 4 rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback, I will share your comments with Mary and give her a big thanks! I would also like to hear more about your experience with the UPS store and would appreciate talking to you if you have the time. I can be reached at 770 303-3186 and my name is Joe Uhl.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed at the Waverly for a 3-day work event that took place in the convention hall attached to the hotel. Rooms were large, modern and clean...very comfortable. Nothing overly memorable - good or bad. Location is kind of in the middle of nowhere (lots of shopping plazas and an office park), so unless I had a specific reason to stay in this area, its not a hotel I would make a point at staying again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for the feedback! I hope the next time you are in Atlanta you will stay with us again and give one of our Navigators a chance to tell you about all the great things there are to do in our area. I promise you a great visit and a chance to see something very unique to Atlanta!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I lived at this property for a week. My work related meeting was held here and stayed a few extra days to visit with a long-lost friend. Every aspect of my stay was just great. The room was clean and comfortable, staff very attentive. Bathroom ammenities were nice. The hotel will provide a ride to the nearby Cobb Parkway Mall. This is a nice feature and both of the drivers, Doug and Brian were very nice. Dining in the Medici resaturant and the Atrium Cafe were both very good and I will review separately. The Spa was also great and will review separately.
As a frequent business traveller, this hotel encompasses and maintains the qualities I look for in a hotel - first and formost, staff that genuinely treats you like a family member and does their best to make the stay enjoyable.
Accomodations and public spaces have to be clean and this hotel is spot on. Hallways, elevator and my room were clean enough for my picky standards.
Location is important and this hotel is convenient to shopping and sights. This is not to mention Atlanta traffic however! :)
Convenience for the traveller - meaning the restaurant and spa on site have to be good - and they are both great.
I would recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel has a large center atrium. Therefore, you can request a room away from the elevator and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you so much for giving us so much feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night in May to attend a graduation the following morning. Upon entrance, the hotel was beautiful. It has a very large atrium, restaurants on the sides, and a large convention area that attaches to the Cobb galleria.

When we went to sleep, that was a different story. The bed wasn't that comfortable, and staying on the third floor, we were able to hear everything resounding from the atrium. Also, there was some sort of convention taking place, and we were able to hear very loud (drunken) people walking back and forth in front of our door at all hours of the night.

I do not think I will be staying here again. Although, on the morning we left, we went to the cafe, and the register was down. The people running the cafe were nice enough to let us order, and we did not have to pay because the register was locked up.

All in all, I don't think I would stay here again. It's a beautiful hotel in a great location, but it was probably one of the worst night's sleep I had gotten in a long time.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room higher up, so you can't hear the atrium noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lcouch25
Joseph U, General Manager at Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry the noise from the atrium effected your stay and hope we have the chance to have you back soon. The next time we will make sure you have a restfull sleep!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed several days in this hotel for a conference in May 2014. Arrival night we stayed at Wingate opposite, fridge, m/w and safe in room, full cooked breakfast, cereals, fruits, breads included for breakfast, free wifi. Moved to Renaissance, no fridge or m/w or safe in room, breakfast $18+, wifi $18 per day. Lovely large room but only one desk chair, one armchair and tiny table for room with either king bed or 2 beds and lots of empty space. Charging $5 for bottle of water on counter. We were there for a gluten free conference and expo but hotel menu didn't reflect gf offerings. Dinner for 12 Saturday night,quality was fine, but selection of gf was boring, small portions, and we were the only people in restaurant for 2 hours. By contrast the gluten free food provided by the Cobb Galleria for the conference, literally attached to the hotel,was excellent. and wifi was included, but died the moment we stepped into hotel space. And we paid the same price for both hotels at discount rates. They were quoting $300 per day regular rate. the majority of the staff were friendly. Beds in both hotels were excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank OonaghNH

Thank you very much for the feedback, we appreciate it and it does help us improve! We hope to see you back at the Waverly soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a dance convention for four nights and had a really great time. The staff was friendly, rooms were serviced even when we had missed the initial attempts. I also had a fantastic time at the lobby bar. Tracie was our server and provided excellent service throughout the evening. The only downside was that it closed at midnight. The time spent there flew by so quickly that it was closing time before we realized it. I look forward to coming back again next year!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

So glad you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to thank Tracie for the excellent service!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in town for a convention recently and I have only great things to say about my experience. The hotel was excellent from check-in through check-out. The space was clean, modern, and overall excellent. My only complaint is that there was not a fridge available for my room; but given the number of people staying there for the convention that weekend, it was understandable. I visited the bar in the lobby and I was very impressed. Tracie was my bartender and she was just a delight! Impeccable service, even during a busy time; and she made the best martini I've had in along time. I highly recommend asking for her if you go there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for the feedback! We do have rooms with frigerators and the next time you visit we will be sure to get you one! I will share your feedback with my staff and ensure they know how much we appreciate them!