“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #113 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, Illinois
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Spent a week on business at this hotel. It's actually a home away from home. The rooms and beds are very comfortable. The room could have been a little cleaner, but was OK. The staff is very accommodating and friendly! One staff member, Delphine, came in early on a Saturday morning to prepare "to-go breakfast" bags for our guests since we had to leave before breakfast was officially served. A very sweet lady! Great place for family with kids! Breakfast is included, as well as weekday wine/beer and light dinner. Walking distance to some great restaurants! Would definitely stay there again if going to Atlanta. We had a room in the far back of the hotel. Although parking was inconvenient for these rooms, the privacy and view of the woods was awesome - you wouldn't know you were in a city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay ... We are glad you enjoyed it! Delphine is a fantastic associate and we receive many compliments about her. I am delighted we were able to accommodate your group with the grab & go breakfast. I will pass on your comments about cleanliness to housekeeping to ensure they are looked into. We hope to see you back here again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Axtell, Nebraska
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Staff has been fantastic so far. Breakfast and Dinner both have a pretty nice spread of options. Interior furnishing in the suites is top notch in my opinion. Nice and comfortable. The workout center is limited to 3 treadmill or stair climber type machines so if you want to lift any weights on your stay that's out of the question. There doesn't seem to be any sound insulation in the walls or between floors so people going up the stairs in either your suite or the neighbors suite can be pretty noisy with the creaking wood and heavy footsteps. That's the good and bad. Overall I'm happy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and your stay! Good news ~~ we are receiving new equipment for our exercise room in the next two- (2) weeks which includes free weights. Please come back and visit us to see our changes made to the exercise room.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I would like to thank the staff at Residence Inn Buckhead for my amazing six week stay. Here is my list of personnel that way above and beyond.

Kate in Food Prep. and House Keeping is truly a gem for your company. My Nick Name for her became Sunshine. Whatever the case she had a huge smile on her face. She made my stay feel like I was part of her family and actually went out of her way to make my day better than it started. Considering I live in the area I will stop in just to say hello.
Patricia in House Keeping cleaned and straighten my home better than I have ever had from any hotel. I actually requested her after the first time she cleaned because it was so professional.
Delphine in Food Prep. was so nice. It was a joy to see her at breakfast and dinner.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Studio and there was plenty of room for me and my three small dogs. each guest apartm...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We have been established in the Buckhead community for 25 years and as you mentioned, even though the hotel is older, we recently renovated the entire property over the past couple of years. We hope to see you back soon if your travels bring you to Atlanta so you can enjoy our evening social.
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel has free parking which is amazing for Buckhead, because it seems that every other hotel charges to park. The hotel is old, but does have new furnishings. The room was clean. The location is good. Lenox mall is close by and so are restaurants. I got a room facing the back, which is a little creepy at night. There are lights on the path, but it is still creepy at night. The evening social has free food and wine and beer, so I can't complain about it. If you are looking for free parking right outside of your room then stay here. Otherwise, better options exist.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
RI_Guest_Services, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on your stay! We are proud to say that our greatly beloved location was recently renovated, updating appliances, furnishings, decor and more. We do indeed consider ourselves extremely lucky to be able to provide our guests with free parking, and can also boast additional green space, another rarity in the bustling Buckhead area. The rooms located at the "back" of our property face a beautiful wooded area described by some guests as an outdoor oasis from the hectic pace of city life and are extremely popular. It is my hope that you will return to us during the spring or summer, when warmer weathers allow us to bring brilliant colors to our planted areas everywhere on property.

Stacy Sprouse
Property Coordinator
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Very good location,close to shopping and dining in Buckhead.The staff was friendly and the breakfast average,but the staff in the breakfast room was always there with a smile.The room was newly renovated.Would probably stay again .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We hope to see you again soon in the near future if your travels being you back to Buckhead.
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night while attending a conference in Atlanta. The front desk staff was very nice. The shuttle drivers didn't even open the door for me. The van was very dirty. My room was outdated and not very clean. There was dried food on the side of the refrigerator and on the back of the counter and wall behind the counter. The mattress was like sleeping on the floor. There was also hair on the side of the tub behind the shower curtain so I don't believe the tub was cleaned very well. I wouldn't stay here again unless I knew they had done a major cleaning.

• Stayed February 2014
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us! I am saddened to hear about your housekeeping experience at the hotel. Please be assured the comments will be shared with our Rooms Care Manager along with the associates for training and development. We pride ourselves on service and cleanliness, so I will ensure this is addressed. The hotel underwent a complete renovation three years ago; I am sorry you felt like the property was outdated. As far as our associates, we have some of the friendliest front desk in Atlanta. If your travels bring you back to Atlanta, we hope you will give an opportunity once again to win you over.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Only stayed the night, but with a family of five this was just the ticket. The loft apartment was spacious, clean and modern. with good facilities. The pool and fire pit would have been useful but for the weather. The welcome was warm and friendly and the supper / breakfast were great for filling up the kids. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
RI_Guest_Services, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thanks so much for your review! You've hit it on the dot -- we like to think of ourselves as being more like an apartment, a home, then a 'just' a hotel room! We're so glad you and your family were able to enjoy yourself, and when the weather isn't a shivering 19 degrees, both the pool and the fire pit do indeed see lots of visitors! We look forward to seeing your family back with us again in more temperate seasons, and again, thanks for staying and thanks for the review!

Stacy Sprouse
Property Coordinator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!