“Better than expected.”

Ranked #112 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Beltsville,Md
“Better than expected.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel was close to all the tourist activities in Atlanta and Buck Head. Hotel was clean, pool was very clean and had plenty of tables, chairs, umbrellas and towels. Room was very clean and seemed to be recently renovated, everything in kitchen and bathrooms was new. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Room had a loft with queen bed, the only warning would be if you have kids to watch them close while...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this property at least five times and it seems that it is slowly going downhill. We have a dog, which is why we stay here, and try and stay near the very convenient dog walk area. This is truly a great benefit, but the entire area was covered with dog poop! While I realize that people should pick up after their pets, a walk through by the staff is needed. Also, and unfortunately, an off-duty police officer was there each night of our stay. While I appreciate the extra security this was the first time we have seen the need for a patrolling officer. There were some thug-looking guys walking around (pants drooping, etc), which we had not experienced before. We will stay elsewhere next time. Again, the staff was great and very accommodating; maybe this is a training ground to see if they can take it?

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lowpro
GMallCY, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead. I am disappointed to hear of the condition of the dog walk area and have taken immediate action to address your concern. We do provide additional security on the weekends to ensure that all of our guests have a pleasant and safe experience while at our property.

We take great pride in our service and I am glad that your experience reflected that. Please reach out to me if you are in the area in the future as I would love the opporutunity to provide you with an excellent stay.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife, daughter and I were passing through the Atlanta area and needed a driving break so stopped at the RI Buckhead. The GM was kind enough to provide us with a bi-level accommodation as our daughter is in her teens and this afforded her some privacy.
I can't rate much else as we didn't use the properties facilities but did want to make special note of the great customer service we received.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DiscriminateTraveler
Thank you so much for your nice comments. I am glad that the room worked out well and provided a little more comfort and privacy for your family. Please let me know if you will be in the Atlanta area in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Older Residence Inn with the exterior entrance rooms. Well maintained property though and the suites were very modern. Good breakfast even had a waffle maker! Front desk staff was excellent and helpful. The shuttle service was excellent and made trips to both the mall and the Marta stop which is 0.8 miles away. A friend booked this hotel and it's a hidden gem - definitely a solid alternative to the downtown hotels.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead. I appreciate your feedback regarding the property and staff and will certainly share with the team. I look forward to welcoming you the next time your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.
Pooler, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend shopping trip. We did not have transportation, so we planned to get around by taxi. The staff was so accommodating, we never needed one taxi. Their shuttle took us to the Marta station and picked us up, they gave us perfect directions to all of the attractions we wanted to visit. It really made our trip so much more relaxing, and they were so friendly! Anything we asked for help with was given fast attention and always with a smile and a courteous attitude.

The rooms was very clean and had everything we needed. An added bonus was the complimentary hot breakfast and light dinner with wine. Now the food was just average, but since it was included with the room price we figured why not try it? I have definitely had worse. Great for families traveling on a budget.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was looking forward to staying here but unfortunately checked out after only night. As a woman that travels alone frequently for business, the sense of safety I have at a property is one of the most important components of a hotel for me. This hotel just did not have that secure feeling I was looking for.

It probably started upon checking in - the hotel is located on busy Piedmont Road but is located further away from the nicer areas of Buckhead. Upon arriving, there's a nondescript door that leads to the check in desk. Plastered all over the windows are multiple printed-out signs notifying that the door is locked after dark. I stayed in building 1, which is right in the front of the complex. Unfortunately, this didn't make me feel any more secure as there is lots of vegetation in front of the buildings concealing the sidewalks and walkways and limited lighting.

When I entered my room, I thought it was nicely appointed but immediately noticed that the sliding glass door was left unlocked. Luckily I had checked it, but it seems that should be verified by housekeeping staff. I did also have someone try to gain entry to my room (all doors lead to the outside, so anyone really could walk up to the room), but it was securely locked.

The next morning, I went to load my car while it was still dark and noticed someone loitering in their car. It was about 6am, still dark, and the person didn't look as if they were waiting for anyone or going to a room (I had to take multiple trips, they watched me the entire time).

I'm usually not overly sensitive about stuff like this, but it seems hotel staff could do a lot to make the grounds appear more safe. Things like improving lighting and cutting back vegetation would help. The property also just seems kind of run down from the outside, so that doesn't help the impression I had upon arriving.

As far as the room goes, it's definitely nice and had obviously been redone recently. The full kitchen is great. The bathroom, especially the shower, is small and outdated. I did have a wasp in my room, but was lucky that he flew out the door as I hid in terror.

Also - be careful when booking. I actually meant to stay at the Residence Inn Buckhead/Lenox Park. Didn't know there were two!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AnnelinP
GMallCY, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead. I am disappointed that you did not have a feeling of safety while staying at your property. The safety and security of our guests is our primary concern. We are one of the original Residence Inn properties and continually invest in projects to improve the guest experience. We are currently scheduling multiple projects so the extrerior experience matches the beautifully appointed guest rooms.

It is a standard to ensure that all doors and window are locked securely prior to the guests arrivals. I apologize that this was missed for your room. Please be assured that I will be taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

We value your business, please contact me if you would like to discuss this in more detail.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

As long as they have rooms available I will always stay here.

My room was beautiful. The televisions was on the wall. All rooms was clean not so much as an string of hair on the bed.

They really know how to treat their platinum members.

I love it. THANK YOU RESIDENCE INN ATLANTA BUCKHEAD!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I will be sharing your comments with the enitre team. We love our Marriott Rewards Platinum Members! We appreciate your loyalty to the Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead and Marriott brands.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!