“Watch out, poor Security” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead

Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #109 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Watch out, poor Security”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2007

Ideally located near Buckhead, good rate, friendly staff, and the rooms are rather large and have a small kitchen. But they have a big Security Problem! On the first night, someone broke open a car just in front of my room, police came and arrested that guy. Second day, another person approached me on the parking lot asking for support (usual stuff:lost key, have no cash, need to call....). Staff is continously chasing these folks from the hotel ground but it turns out to be really difficult.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, idealy located, good rate
  • Disliked — Security
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2007

I found that this hotel offered the no-frills bare necessities. The room was clean, but not what I've been spoiled to expect from frequent business travel. The sheets and furniture seemed a little old and just plain. I had trouble with the thermostat and couldn't find the extra blanket in the middle of the night. Our rooms were on the edge of the property near the woods, which made us feel a little like we were trekking to our cabins in summer camp. Although I had no specific reason to feel in danger, I was a little uneasy about walking back to my room at night, with the forest on the side.
The staff was polite and the free breakfast is a nice perk. The free internet met my business needs.
With a number of other hotel options closer to the heart of Buckhead we ended up moving to a different hotel after one night here. But I think it all depends on what you're looking for. This Residence Inn was a roof over our head, a bed to sleep in, and a basic breakfast in the morning (and that's what we paid for too.)

• Liked — Staff was polite
  • Disliked — Furnishings and linens seemed old
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CkWillTravel
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2007

This is your average hotel in Buckhead. Spacious, clean rooms. I just wish the pool was open. It was in the high 70s the entire time we were here, but they said pool won't open til April. They have free breakfast every morning and are near many shops and restaurants. Internet is free, something not common at the big hotels. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OceanLove3
Birmingham, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2007

My husband and I were visiting Atlanta for our anniversary using Marriott Rewards points. I requested a high floor but they put us on the 4th floor. The front desk staff was rude and every request was greeted with aggitation. We requested information on an event and the concierge never called us back. We finanally had to go to the Concierge desk and ask him but he was so overwhelmed. Didn't know if he was coming or going. They also charged our debit card instead of our credit card for incidentals which we were told by the front desk manager that he would correct the problem and come Monday morning the charge went through. This staff was the laziest group I've ever encountered. The room was nice. The parking attendent harrassed you every time you left the parking garage asking if you had paid for parking in advance. We'll NEVER stay at this location again. Not worth the hassle.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank lookingforromance
Manalapan, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2006

I stayed at this hotel from October 19th through the 22nd on business.

As soon as I walked into the lobby there was an irate man at the front desk complaining about how hard it was too find and angry that his room was not ready....it was 9:30 in the morning. True the hotel could have better signage closer to the street....my taxi driver would have passed it up had I not glanced to the left and noticed the sign.

To me the staff at the front desk was very, very nice. I arrived early and they stored my luggage while I went to a day long conference. When I returned later that evening my luggage was there waiting for me and my room was ready.

The room was a nice size for me (Room 209). The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was very clean. I had wake-up calls daily and they were pleasant on the phone and on time, every time.

The complimentary breakfast each morning was great!!! I really appreciated it and the complimentary newspapers and magazines.

I was addressed by name each time I came back from my conferences and they even let the co-worker driving me around (not staying at the hotel), sit with me and other conference members at breakfast and have a free coffee and muffin.

My only negative points are as follows:
1 - Small roach on the shower curtain.
2 - Some sticky patches on the carpet near kitchen (wear slippers!)
3 - Kitchen drawers should be cleaned out better.
4 - Card key for the room failed on two different nights.
5 - Placard inside closet stated room rate was 179 but I was charged 189. When I questioned it they said they must have forgotten to change it to reflect their new rates....but I think I should have been given the 179 rate.
6 - Small sign keep your eyes peeled.

• Liked — Staff hospitality - Complimentary breakfast daily
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Maeva3
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2006

We had two rooms, a penthouse and a studio. The layouts of the rooms are nice and convenient. The rooms are spacious. However, the maid service was less than desirable. They didn't come in for three days in a row, and they often forgot little things like leaving clean towels or emptying the trash or replenishing the toilet paper stock.

When we called the front desk to request more towels, we were told to come get them ourselves and then they hung up. On another occassion, we requested more towels for the pool area, and it took more than an hour for any to arrive (and this was after 3 additional requests).

The hotel is covered in bugs. Both of the rooms we had experienced problems with cockroaches and all sorts of other bugs, especially spiders. The stairs up to the rooms were covered in cobwebs, and each morning we had to brush them away just to get out the door.

One night during our stay, the hotel lost power. There was no generator or anything, so we were forced to go without any electricity for the night. Navigating the rooms in the dark was not an easy task.

The complimentary breakfast was good. The food was good and they kept everything well stocked. The service was not bad.

All in all, I would probably not reccomend this hotel to anyone. The price is a little too high for the service and conditions we experienced.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2006

This hotel is in a fairly convenient location and like others in this chain is best suited for extended stays. However, the room and property overall was showing its age. Building trim could use painting, and rooms had sratched and marred cabinets. A/C vents had a black substance on them. Improvement could be made in the presentation of breakfast and evening meals to make them more appetizing. Even though the staff was friendly and helpful, overall, I didn't think this hotel was a very good value.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Quality Suites Buckhead Village
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!