“A Memorable Hotel with Exceptional Service!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #24 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Went to Atlanta for my three year wedding anniversary. Decided to stay at the Ritz Downtown based upon the reviews I read on here. The stay was wonderful with exceptional service.

The hotel is in the heart of downtown and easily accessible to all of the major "tourist attractions". It is also right across the street from the MARTA stop making the location ideal for those without a car.

When we checked in, the front desk staff was warm and friendly. Our room had been upgraded to a "delux suite" which was a nice anniversary surprise. The front desk staff was also able to give us recommendations for a fun bar to go to (which became our weekend hang out - as it was that fun.) The staff was very knowledgeable about the city.

There was one issue, but even this showed how wonderful the staff really was. While returning to my room one afternoon, I bumped into the door jam. Unbeknownst to me, it had been freshly painted. (Not sure why they chose to do this for a room that was occupied!) I had fresh paint up my arm and on my nice (new) white shirt! Asked the maid if there was anything she could do. She took the shirt and washed it in a sink. The paint did not come out, but she tried. This would have been sufficient, had her parting comment to me not been, "Next time, look where you are going." I immediately called the front desk and asked to speak to the manager on duty. The manager (Ragunathan) came up to the room immediately. He apologized profusely for the problem and had the shirt sent down to be professionally cleaned. He did not stop there, he also offered us a complimentary breakfast the next morning. However, we declined as we had an early flight the next day. When I received the bill for the extra room charges (a bottle of champagne for an anniversary toast, and an anniversary dinner at the hotel restaurant), I was informed that the manager had ensured that everything was "taken care of". A truly exceptional way to show that the hotel was very concerned with their guests.

The only other small issue was the fact that even though the hotel was booked for two, each night the bed only had one chocolate on it after the maids turn down service; and there was only one champagne flute brought up with room service. We were talking with the front desk staff member (Damien) who was so kind to us the first night and simply mentioned this point. When we got back into our hotel room, Damien had arranged for an entire bag of chocolates and a beautiful candle to be placed on the rooms entry table. In the bag was a hand written card wishing us a "Happy Anniversary!"

The staff at this hotel so far exceeded all of our expectations. They alone are reason enough to return to this hotel and recommend it to all of our friends!

Room Tip: If possible, request a room on a higher floor, for a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David I
Write a ReviewReviews (1,629)

Reviewed 10 August 2011

This hotel is great for service. Everyone went out of their way to help in any way possible. The rooms are great and very comfortable and have the Ritz touch. The pricing for drinks and food is a little high, but overall a very good stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I brought my wife down for a weekend without the kids and it was great. The Ritz really goes out of there way to make you stay special. The club level is something everyone should do. It was of great value that weekend because it rained the entire time. Top shelf drinks and snacks while some good college games played all day was alright. The wife enjoyed it a little too much. Anyway the shuttle service was awesome to and from dinner. Great weekend.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta is one of my favorite hotels I stay in for work. I have been staying here for 12 years, and have never been disappointed. Recent rennovations to the rooms and lobby only enhance an already wonderful environment. Friendly, welcoming staff. Excellent breakfast buffet. Wonderful beds. A short walk from the MARTA, and from Americasmart, if this is your work destination. The best hotel in the neighborhood. I will be back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank corsagi
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have stayed at the ritz downtown several times.the hotel in nice but the customer service has been great time after time. In the club lounge they call u my name and out of there way to please.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Bruha7
Reviewed 3 August 2011

As the title says, there is never a problem when you stay at a Ritz-Carlton property. The staff, the facility, the dining, always topnotch.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I spent the last 3 days of a week long business trip at the Ritz-Carlton, ATL--a very refreshing way to end the week. The property is beautiful without being stuffy or sterile. Rooms are large, comfortable, and fastidiously clean. Fitness center was well-equipped and reflected the same attention to detail (ice water with lemon, fresh fruit, plenty of towels, machines that work!), as was evident throughout the hotel. I was able to eat at the restaurant only once--breakfast outside on the balcony--what a treat! And even the eggs seemed to have a better flavor than the usual breakfast fare. All of the staff, at all stations of the hotel, bent over backwards to anticipate and meet needs, and seemed genuinely interested in guests' comfort and satisfaction. Definitely will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business