“Wonderful! I will be definitely be back.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #22 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
LaPorte, Indiana
“Wonderful! I will be definitely be back.”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed here from 8/20 to 8/23. I chose this hotel because it was the only one left that still offered the special rate for the Bronner Brothers International Hair show and because it was a couple blocks away from the Georgia World Congress Center. This hotel was simply the best. On the day of my arrival I requested an early check-in due to my early am flight and they were able to accommodate with no problems. I also had a late red-eye flight for my departure and not only did the hotel give me a late checkout without an additional fee, they also checked my luggage and let me hang out for a few hours as if I still was a guest until the airport shuttle came.

The entire hotel was beautifully decorated and immaculate. My room was clean and spacious. The restaurant and room service were excellent and all of the staff from the manager to the valet was courteous, friendly and addressed me by name every time I passed through the lobby. Although I am far from the stereotypical Ritz guest, I was treated with the utmost respect and as if I was a celebrity. There were two young men named Kerry and Jermaine that worked the front door and they had to be two of the most respectful young men that I have ever met. Great Job guys, keep up the good work!

If I ever visit Atlanta again, I will not stay anywhere else but at the Ritz Carlton in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We drove from Orlando, FL. and stayed one (Friday) night. I'm eight months pregnant and wanted to eat some chicken and waffles. So once we arrived, valet and the hotel staff was very welcoming, checked-in (lobby is very nice) we went to our room (on the 22nd floor & you need your room key to use the elevators *nice*) we were very pleased upon walking in. One thing that caught my attention is they have three phones including an old school cordless phone ;) The room and decor was very nice. Lots of pillows! I was glad to have been able to get a good nights sleep after that long drive. I made sure to use their comfy robe...fancy. We walked to Gladys and Ron's Chicken and waffles which was about five blocks from the room...at 11:30 at night and WOW was I surprised to see the amount of homeless people sleeping on the streets *over 20* so that made it hard to sit there and eat after what I had just witnessed, very sad. We gave some wings to a man on the walk back to the room. The next day we checked out, that went smooth and went to eat at The Varsity...What'll Ya have! It was good. Our final stop was at the Centennial Park....we laid out on the grass for a little while just enjoying the day and conversing. Watched the water show, the kids getting wet at the fountain, and had a yummy sorbet. We will definitely stay here again when in ATL!

Room Tip: Check out is at 12 noon, awesome.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The service is amazing and the staff is wonderful!! The price was great considering our package included breakfast ( not bagels and cereal in the lobby) and 4 passes to the Georgia Aquarium. We went to dinner and came back to find our beds turned down and a plate of cookies with our kids names on them. They were so excited and t made them feel so special. They brought us our SUV to go out to dinner and there were waters in each cup holder throughout the SUV. Again, service is unbeatable and we will stay here from now on while in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Go online and look at packages
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank favorg10
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We stayed here for a few nights in April - great location, great hotel. Great beds, bathroom was nice, robes were great.
Rooms are pretty nice and room service was really good.
Easy to valet, no waiting, car waiting for us when we left by calling ahead. Looking forward to staying here again next time we are in ATL

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Location in downtown was great - just about a 15 minute walk to the GA acquarium, World of Coke and CNN Studio Tour. Hotel itself is lovely - a bit older (i can tell from the size of the bathroom, not the usual apartment size bathroom i'm used to seeing at a Ritz!) - but lovely furnishings. I also appreciated the smell of the room when I walked in - clean scent - that first sensory impression can really set the mood. All of that by itself would be enough to add up to a great experience, but what really stood out on this trip for us was the service. From being greeted by the valet (asking how our trip was) to the valet sending our name to the front desk so that we could be greeted by name. From the turndown service (the way they stack and fold the bedding) to the chocolates that are yummy and large enough to satisfy even my sweet tooth. There are two events that warrant further mention. Our 12 year old daughter received a Ritz silly band upon check in. Wearing the band to the Atlanta Grill on the second floor gets you a treat. They were out of the popsicles they usually give kids and more than made it up to my daughter by giving her a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream and fruit! My husband and I, together with my daughter, enjoyed it immensely! The other event occured after we had returned from a day sightseeing. We went up to our room and discovered our key didn't work. i was beat, so my daughter and I waited by the room while my husband went down to the desk to get another key. Because the room was under my name, my husband wasn't able to get a key (good security measures, Ritz) and the young man at the front desk came up to our room with my husband with a new key. As soon as he saw me (sitting in the hallway because i was beat!) he immediately recognized me, apologized (for which there was no need) and gave us a new key. And we experienced all of this in just a two night stay! Finally, when we retrieved our car to leave, the valet washed our front windshield. Seriously, how much more service can you get?!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Placentia, California
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Went to Atlanta for my three year wedding anniversary. Decided to stay at the Ritz Downtown based upon the reviews I read on here. The stay was wonderful with exceptional service.

The hotel is in the heart of downtown and easily accessible to all of the major "tourist attractions". It is also right across the street from the MARTA stop making the location ideal for those without a car.

When we checked in, the front desk staff was warm and friendly. Our room had been upgraded to a "delux suite" which was a nice anniversary surprise. The front desk staff was also able to give us recommendations for a fun bar to go to (which became our weekend hang out - as it was that fun.) The staff was very knowledgeable about the city.

There was one issue, but even this showed how wonderful the staff really was. While returning to my room one afternoon, I bumped into the door jam. Unbeknownst to me, it had been freshly painted. (Not sure why they chose to do this for a room that was occupied!) I had fresh paint up my arm and on my nice (new) white shirt! Asked the maid if there was anything she could do. She took the shirt and washed it in a sink. The paint did not come out, but she tried. This would have been sufficient, had her parting comment to me not been, "Next time, look where you are going." I immediately called the front desk and asked to speak to the manager on duty. The manager (Ragunathan) came up to the room immediately. He apologized profusely for the problem and had the shirt sent down to be professionally cleaned. He did not stop there, he also offered us a complimentary breakfast the next morning. However, we declined as we had an early flight the next day. When I received the bill for the extra room charges (a bottle of champagne for an anniversary toast, and an anniversary dinner at the hotel restaurant), I was informed that the manager had ensured that everything was "taken care of". A truly exceptional way to show that the hotel was very concerned with their guests.

The only other small issue was the fact that even though the hotel was booked for two, each night the bed only had one chocolate on it after the maids turn down service; and there was only one champagne flute brought up with room service. We were talking with the front desk staff member (Damien) who was so kind to us the first night and simply mentioned this point. When we got back into our hotel room, Damien had arranged for an entire bag of chocolates and a beautiful candle to be placed on the rooms entry table. In the bag was a hand written card wishing us a "Happy Anniversary!"

The staff at this hotel so far exceeded all of our expectations. They alone are reason enough to return to this hotel and recommend it to all of our friends!

Room Tip: If possible, request a room on a higher floor, for a better view of the city.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David I
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This hotel is great for service. Everyone went out of their way to help in any way possible. The rooms are great and very comfortable and have the Ritz touch. The pricing for drinks and food is a little high, but overall a very good stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business