“A little bit of downtown luxury”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #20 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Vancouver BC
“A little bit of downtown luxury”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed for two nights for business and was pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the polite and accomodating staff, comfortable king sized beds and the business focus. Low room rate was also appreciated. Starbucks coffee bar in lobby and close proximity to a number of restaurants was also a plus. Could improve by adding free internet for guests, the 12.95 per night fee was a bit much. No pool or hot tub.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for a city view as some colleagues ended up looking out onto a series of air conditio...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was in Atlanta on a work related trip and stayed at the Ritz-Carlton. The rooms and service were outstanding and the conference rooms were very nice! I only wish my lovely wife could have gone with me. They had tea every afternoon. She would have enjoyed it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
globalflyereal
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed for one night to celebrate a Birthday party. The rooms were very nice and very quiet. We had a City view room on the 21st floor and it was very spacious and clean. The bathroom amenities were plentiful and included a dental kit, sewing kit, shaving kit, etc. More than most hotels. Although we did not have room service the menu looked fantastic. We did enjoy the bar called Luman. The staff at the hotel were all first class! I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: High floor with a city view
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank globalflyereal
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My wife and I went to Atlanta to see a concert and stayed at this hotel and we loved it. The people were very nice, professional, the room was great and the food was fantastic. The rolls they served with the meals were tasty, with a nice mix of rolls (not the usual boring roll selection). The breakfast offered a wonderful selection of cereals. The location of the hotel is also downtown, convenient to many attractions.

One thing that I would suggest to the Ritz Carlton folk is that whenever there is a big concert downtown, keep the lounge open so that people can go there for some snacks after the concert. This, however, is not enough to lower the rating. I look forward to go back there again.

Room Tip: If you have stayed with them before, it appears to help to tell them that. Ask for suggestions, as t...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The Ritz has a brand name that brings to mind luxurious excellence. The Ritz Carlton in Atlanta delivers on this expectation.

I stayed here three nights on business. The staff are incredible, offering a top notch experience. The rooms are nice, the beds are comfortable and it's quiet.

This really is a first class hotel, and the prices at the bar and restaurant reflect that. I look forward to staying at the Ritz the next time I'm in town.

charlotte
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Like most ritz, staff very friendly, helpful and do a good job personalizing service. Rooms clean and well thought out. Not crazy exciting, but nice enough. Workout room too small, but believe you can get access to larger club nearby (I didn't have time for that). Overall, it's a good hotel. I hear the buckhead location is nicer, but I needed to be downtown.

Pike Road
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I recently spent one night at the Ritz-Carlton in downtown Atlanta and while the hotel itself was excellent it was the customer service that set it apart from other upscale hotels in the area. From the moment I exited my vehicle to the time I entered the lobby four staff members had welcomed me and offered assistance of some sort. The accomodations were as nice as I would have expected for a hotel in the $300.00 a night range, with above average amenities and furnishings. Walking through the lobby as I was checking out I took notice of how many staff members were making certain that no guest was waiting for any great length of time before being assisted. As I began to exit the hotel the bell captain was standing by to take my luggage and valet claim check where he efficiently made arrangements to have my vehicle brought to the front and my bags placed within the vehicle. As I was about to drive away another staff member approached to make certain that I had driving directions to my destination. I have experienced all of these services in the past but the promptness and professionalism was unlike any other hotel stay that I recall. A few days after my return home I discovered an unexpected additional charge from the hotel on my credit card. I contacted the hotel by email and they explained that it was an honor bar charge. When I expressed that I had not utilized the honor bar an appology and offer to credit my account was immediate. I very much look forward to my next stay with Ritz-Carlton and would recommend it to anyone staying in the downtown Atlanta area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple