“Downtown Atlanta, great location in the heart of the City”

The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
Ranked #21 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Downtown Atlanta, great location in the heart of the City”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Elegant and slick from the moment the car swings into the hotel entrance, the car door swings open and you are greeted with a welcoming smile from the valets, front desk is Swiss made precision and before you know it, you are in your room. The furnishings are quality, a nice workstation and a really comfy bed. Wander down to the bar and ask Yuan to make you a Mojito....no need to go to Havana when she is on the case....When you step out you can take your choice of Meehans bar or Hooters or well whatever you want, its all within easy walking distance. Get to the Georgia Aquarium or, the new home of Coca Cola or the Olympic Park....this Hotel is Stella Artois...reassuringly expensive!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
San Francisco, Philippines
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was bitten by a spider. Woke up with a huge, swollen, target-like (telltale of a spider bite) on my elbow and my face and arm were puffy. Called the front desk and the manager came up with loss prevention. Two days later I get an email from corporate asking if I'm okay and that guess what...it's not their fault. Their "extermination and cleaning records show they're not liable". Awesome. Yet I have this festering bite on my arm, clearly I brought the spider in myself or was bitten somewhere else (according to them). Doesn't matter that I came straight from the airport at midnight, did not check a bag and was wearing a tank top, long sleeved button down and heavy sweater coat...yeah I clearly was bitten before I arrived, damn spiders got under everything without me feeling a thing.

Really, inexcusably, horrible service. Did I mention I'm a Platinum member. So long marriott, back to Starwood or Hyatt.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EMN617
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience during your recent visit to our property. We certainly take your observations with the utmost seriousness and have taken the appropriate steps to follow up on your claim. I have sent you a private message inviting you to contact me directly. Thank you.
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel in heart of downtown Atlanta. Service is top notch. Hotel is beautiful and the beds were the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Hotel is in walking distance to Philips Arena. Many restaurants located near hotel. Bathrooms were a little small but very clean with nice toiletries.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments - it is very much appreciated.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at the Ritz in Atlanta for our one year anniversary this weekend and it was perfect! The hotel was very nicely kept with nice furnishings. Check in and check out were smooth and there was no wait. I was surprised at how busy the hotel was but you would only know it from the bustling lobby. The rooms were very quiet. When we checked in we were upgraded without asking because we had noted on our reservation that it was our anniversary. Our room had a great view of the city. The bedding and the bathroom were very luxurious and we had everything we needed. The bar in the lobby made some really great and unique drinks. The room service food was good and hot. It came quickly as well! They brought us a little card and some chocolates for our anniversary which were a nice touch! The rates were very affordable for the city especially for such a nice hotel. The valet parking was too expensive.. especially since my husband and I had to drive separately making us pay the $32 valet charge twice! Besides the parking fees our stay was perfect. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Happy Anniversary! So pleased to hear that you had a fantastic week-end.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta has the most friendly staff. The rooms are very comfortable and super soft bedding. Asprey toiletries. Lobby is a lot of fun for afternoon tea. Front desk is very friendly but communications between one another has room for improvement.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sven P
Thank you Sven for sharing your impressions.
WNY
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves to a night at the Ritz before a visit with family in Atlanta. It's a very nice hotel, with attentive staff, but lacks distinction. Despite it's impeccable cleanliness, it would benefit from an update. The bathrooms were disappointing and not much different than a Hampton Inn. But the toiletries were amazing! Our small club level rooms included, as always, the complimentary snack room. These were adequate, but, again, not outstanding. All said, we spent a lot for an OK experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MariMac72
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent experience at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and I have sent you a private message to allow for further dialogue. On the other hand I very much appreciate your positive feedback regarding our staff's attentiveness and hotel cleanliness.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Ritz Downtown (first time in 25 years of visiting ATL) during an airport layover. It's not bad in any way but does not have any particular character or charm. It feels more like a high-end Marriott and the rooms could use a refresh.

But the price on weekends is very low ($150) and when booked through Amex FHR it becomes practically free--reservations include $100 food/beverage credit, and complimentary breakfast. So it's a great deal!

But if you're in town for fun, stay at the Buckhead location instead.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KandMNYC
Thank you for staying with us during your recent lay over and yes indeed, there are some pockets of great value during off peak business times.