This hotel appeared to be an old refurbished building on the north side of downtown Atlanta. Im always weary of old converted hotels- I dont find them charming & the rates were very low, so I think I adjusted my expectations accordingly prior to arrival. I stayed in a 2 bathroom suite with a living room.
The lobby bar area is pretty and very deceiving as the stylish decor and downtown vibe ends there. It was also totally empty
Here's my experience:
- room smelled of cigar smoke
-windows do not open at all, not even a crack- I have stayed in many traditional high rise hotels in downtown cities like the peninsula chicago for example, and their windows open.
- room was DIRTY. Not just a little unkempt, FILTHY. The yellow couch in the living room portion was literally blackened in certain areas. The carpet was dirty. I felt the need to rinse the glasses on hot water- there's a difference between doing this to be cautious vs feeling a NEED to do so.
-Ironically, the bathrooms & bed seemed fresh and clean & didnt really make sense with the filth in the rest of the rooms. I admit all the linens were very clean.
- I did get the vibe that EVERYONE was looking for a tip. The bell hop basically took the 20 out of my hand before I had a chance to hand it over to him!
- Holy hell, I was scared to eat it. My steak SMELLED awful. Like boiled rotten dog meat. I did not touch it. My salad looked like the kind of salad you buy in a bag at a gas station.
- they actually give you bisquits and I have to say- they were quite good.
Bad food is my pet peeve, and room service should always be straight forward and consistently "good enough" at any Ritz. This food was lower end than a truck stop and I was too scared to eat it- thats a new low.
Bottom line: if you can avoid staying here do so. The sad fact is that RItz Carlton USED to mean something. When I was growing up, if we as a family wanted to try a new destination that we were unfamiliar with we always chose a Ritz bc we knew it was a "safe bet" and that wed enjoy our stay. I realize times change and I realize places age- but to be dirty like a motel off the expressway and to have inedible food is so sad. I dont wish places out of business or for people to lose jobs- but there is not reason this hotel should have the name Ritz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta is downtown's premier business address and a luxurious oasis in the heart of the city. Awe-inspiring interiors create an unequaled environment for work and play. Surrounded by the state's centers of finance and government, and just minutes from the Georgia Aquarium and sports events at the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena and Turner Field, The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta is ideally situated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- Ritz Carlton Atlanta
- Atlanta Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Atlanta