“great service”

Ranked #22 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Vancouver
“great service”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here for a week for a conference. It is clean and very quiet and professional. The rooms are small but well appointed. Its decor is traditional, not my style but nice. Feedback for hotel:need bathrobesneed better, less fragrant ammenitieshousekeeping is fantasticlove the turndown servicebreakfast at the Atlanta grill was fantastic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

While the hotel appears to be in fine condition, upon closer inspection, you can see that it is just not maintained well. During my stay, there were only two of the four elevators in operation. Since I was on one of the top floors, it was a long wait for an elevator, which then it made all the local stops so that it was packed by the time it hit the lobby. Not what is expected at a Ritz-Carlton. There were a few other housekeeping issues that were unusual for a Ritz. So sad - I hope they make the necessary improvements to bring them back into the Ritz realm.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be in better shape than the lower floors.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your observations - yes indeed one elevator out of five was out of service for maintenance which is part of taking care of the facility not only to allow for prestine conditions but also safety.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I spent four days at this Ritz property last week. After patronizing the Four Seasons in Midtown and the Mandarin Oriental in Buckhead, coming to the Ritz Carlton in Downtown Atlanta is really a great let down. First off, the property in general is in need of renovation. The halls are tatty and the room furniture shows the wear of many years of use. Although there's not much to be done about the tiny bathrooms, the plumbing fixtures were old and clumsy which made the ever fluctuating hot water (scalding one moment and freezing the next) hard to manage. I guess the worst part of this was the housekeeping services. My toiletries were never replaced and one day I ran out of shampoo and body wash while in the shower -- with no recourse but to go to the tiny wedge of bar soap. And then the cleanliness of the rooms themselves -- dead bugs on the floor and dust on furniture everywhere. It was really disappointing. That said, the two redeeming factors were the food (which was delicious) and the fact that the hotel sits above the Peachtree Center MARTA station. That's about it. You have many better choices in ATL folks (and going to the Buckhead Ritz won't make things much better).

Green Features: If not replacing the shampoo is part of the environment (green) policy, then this is really a bad idea. BTW -- I generally think that environmental policies benefit the hotel more fiscally then they do the environment.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
First and foremost, I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping opportunities which we will most certainly address. However attributing your overall experience to staff laziness (as your headline suggests) is simply incorrect as their desire and passion for service excellence is hi lighted on countless reviews on this site. Thank you for acknowledging our convenient downtown location and I am glad that you enjoyed our food & beverage offerings.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was overall very pleased with the hotel. It does need some updating, but the staff more than made up for that. I felt welcomed from the moment I checked in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and the view from my room was awesome! I left my jacket there and they were very helpful in sending it to me. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am pleased to know that we were able to retrieve your jacket and get it back to you.
Pearl river
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here as part of a two day business trip. We arrived to find the lobby packed and waited almost one hour to check in. There was not a bell hop in site during this wait. When we asked the front desk agent about the delay the advised us the hotel was full. We went to our room to unpack and found a dirty robe in the closet.
We requested extra bottles of water the second night and we never received them as we had to go out and get them. They never offered turn down service. The hotel management was concerned with getting guests in and out and showed little concern for the guest experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Michael, please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I certainly appreciate your feedback and would love to learn more. I have sent you my contact information to hopefully connect with you. Kind regards.
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Desk staff rude at check in & both staff & manager were condescending answering ?s about room type and lack of concierge service. They made 0 effort 2 address my concerns. I was a 2nd tier guest 2 them.

Room Tip: Don't let them fool you when they say they will upgrade you to a downtown view - OF A PARKING GA...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ManuelDeisen, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Carl, I am very concerned about your experience and would like to apologize. I have sent you a private message with my contact information as I would love to follow up with you personally. Kind regards.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel did not live up to it's name. Dark lobby, not inviting. No water or coffee. Front desk gave us a suggestion for lunch that was several blocks away but it was closed when we got there. Rooms no better than an average hotel-no robes or anything special to set it apart. And of course, got banged for $34/day valet and $12.95/day internet. Next visit to Atlanta, we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Cynthia, I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have sent you a private message with my contact information hopeful that we can have some more follow up dialogue. I would like to share though that we offer complimentary bottled water on a 24 hour basis right by our front door and that we serve complimentary coffee from 5.00am till 7.00am and iced tea/lemonade from 10.30am till 8.00pm in our lobby. Thank you.